WT heck is going on? Did Etsy draft this out of my account? It's showing as a positive balance? I really need a response here, Etsy

ScarlettRoseCuts
Community Member

Re: Etsy drafted $395 out of my checking today?

Jump to solution

Etsy, you need to do something about this, immediately!! I have just had $3,000 taken out of my bank and that is absolutely unacceptable! It's a good thing I had the money in there, so my bank didn't cancel cards on me. I couldn't even imagine some of these people who are having thousands taken and do not have that money to cover that kind of charge.

All you need to do is cancel the pending charges. This isn't rocket science. You will be losing tons of sellers after this!!

8 Likes
ClearCutSupply
Community Member

Jump to solution

I think we are way overdue for an admin update here.

22 Likes
That70sChickVintage
Community Member

Jump to solution

@ClearCutSupply  Etsy CEO needs to get on here and give a serious update and apologies. 

Whatever the bug or hack is, to take from say a credit card then deposit to checking.... I don’t even think that’s legal. 

All charges should simply be reversed... Like immediately. 

What’s going on is very bad, potentially harmful and costly to Etsy Sellers. 

Etsy’s gonna be in some serious hot water over this. When it gets out to the general public, how safe are they gonna feel purchasing here?

Maybe I’m overreacting here.... but I sense an unraveling...

17 Likes
gallery28
Community Member

Jump to solution

Could this have been a hack?

2 Likes
ChibiJaySupplies
Community Member

Jump to solution

They just charged my card for $3400! Funny how we're not getting any more responses from the Etsy team. They just keep messing things up. If we're paying higher fees, we should be getting better customer service. This is absolute BS.

6 Likes
sugarhai
Community Member

Jump to solution

has anyone gone over their charges one by one to make sure nothing else has gone wrong? ...I have been just trusting etsy's math so far

1 Like
Highlighted

Jump to solution

We’re aware of a bill payment error affecting a small group of sellers which resulted in some cards being incorrectly charged. We don’t expect this error to impact additional sellers going forward.

For affected sellers, we’re very sorry for the trouble or concern this may have caused and we are currently working to make things right. We’ll update the impacted sellers directly as we have more information.

Thank you

10 Likes
SopersCoins
Community Member

Jump to solution

Making things right for kiting of funds over the long weekend - a targeted event for biweekly earners (government employees) paycheck day.  Do you have any conception of the misery you have caused?  Make it right, pray you go far enough making it right.  Consulting the CFPB now.

17 Likes
ThreadTreasuresEmbro
Community Member

Jump to solution

Personally, I think you should update ALL sellers.

While I might not be impacted (I do not know yet as I cannot see any pending transactions at my bank), I want to know ALL about this issue as it is having a very negative impact on my thinking if I want to continue to sell on this platform.

47 Likes
LadybugfeetDesigns
Community Member

Jump to solution

Please update me as I am impacted with an overdraft charge on my account for a bill of over $800.00 in my checking account!! I don't know if there will be further overdraft charges from my other auto bill pay accounts BECAUSE OF THIS. I need to know what Etsy is doing about this and i need a refund for the overdraft charges i am being charged.

Please respond.

Diane McHugh

Ladybugfeet Designs

11 Likes
Moxie2RunwayVintage
Community Member

Jump to solution

"We don’t expect this error to impact additional sellers going forward".

But you're not sure, correct? So don't you think ALL Sellers deserve some sort of update? Some plan of action IF? Something in place to lessen the impact should this come up again? 

WE ALL NEED TO KNOW WHAT "THIS" IS!

35 Likes
BreezeOnTheLake
Community Member

Jump to solution

These charges could be devastating to the sellers affected. Everything from not being able to buy food, pay a bill on time, to having to deal with bank overdraft charges that accumulate by the day, negative effects on a person's credit score, the hassle of canceled cards and having to get new ones -- there is a whole slew of consequences Etsy may be causing for the affected sellers.

It's also very wrong that you are refunding the money in the form of an Etsy deposit instead of cancelling the charge -- you realize this means people's accounting is going to be messed up because the money looks like INCOME when it comes back to their bank?

This may have only affected "a small group" but the fallout for those people could be catastrophic to their finances and the time they will have to devote to attending to this matter. This is seriously unacceptable. I have not personally been affected (knock on a gigantic redwood) but this could have happened to any of us and it's appalling.

40 Likes
ClearCutSupply
Community Member

Jump to solution

How will we be contacted? I certainly wouldn't want to miss that call, email, or message.

6 Likes
ZinniaCottage
Community Member

Jump to solution

"We’ll update the impacted sellers directly as we have more information."

Shouldn't ALL sellers be updated since we are all forced to use your billing and payment system?  I think we have a right to know what happened and what measures are being taken to ensure this doesn't happen again.  I think it would go a long way in building trust moving forward.  My shop has been on break for a while and issues like this, and more importantly, how they are handled, makes me have doubts about reopening.

39 Likes
ericksondesign
Registered Member

Jump to solution

$2,900 charged to my cc#.  Then, $2,900 sent to my bank account. 

What?

4 Likes
JoeBcrafts
Community Member

Jump to solution

@ampersay wrote:

We’re aware of a bill payment error affecting a small group of sellers which resulted in some cards being incorrectly charged. We don’t expect this error to impact additional sellers going forward.

For affected sellers, we’re very sorry for the trouble or concern this may have caused and we are currently working to make things right. We’ll update the impacted sellers directly as we have more information.

Thank you

What is "small"?  What is "some"?  Values mentioned in the forum are ranging from a few dollars to several thousand dollars?  I know you are just the messenger ampersay, but this kind of cluster requires upper mangement explanation and action NOW.  Where is the CFO?  Where is the CEO?

As far as "impacted sellers", I consider myself impacted even though this time I was lucky to not have an issue.  I don't want to be the next time "impacted seller".  Every seller should be informed of what happened and what steps will be taken to try and gain back ALL SELLERS (and shareholders) trust that Etsy is a stable platform.  This isn't the "usual Etsy" glitch that all of us sellers gripe about but deal with.  Messing up financials (like earlier in the year when people weren't getting paid for weeks) is serious.

I EXPECT A SERIOUS AND DETAILED RESPONSE FROM MANAGEMENT.

48 Likes
TheSpiritDen
Registered Member

Jump to solution

This has affected my shop too. My confidence in Etsy is at absolute ZERO! Etsy just basically stole $4168.00 from my back pocket!

Sure it is back in my account pending a deposit but now because of the long weekend I won't see it for at least 3 days! Then I have to make an extra payment to my card! Jeesh! YOU ARE KILLING ME HERE!

Etsy needs to reach out to it's sellers affected by this and apologize deeply and compensate us somehow for the trouble. This is absolutely appalling. I am so mad right now I cannot see straight. Etsy owes me BIGTIME!

UNBELIEVABLE!

6 Likes
KatyRyanDesigns
Registered Member

Jump to solution

"A small number of sellers" seems VERY inaccurate.

I hope these payments are somehow cancelled before they post to the account. My $4,000+ charge is still "pending" for now, but I will be even more concerned if it actually posts to my account.

5 Likes
DecalPhanatics
Community Member

Jump to solution

I too was just charged over $5k to my credit card. What is going to be done to resolve this issue? Refunding my payment account is not the right course of action. Very disappointed in Etsy.

7 Likes
RileyKDesigns
Community Member

Jump to solution

This is completely unacceptable. I seriously hope this is fixed. This is so unsettling to worry not only how this happened but if this will happen again. I trusted Etsy with my credit card information and they went ahead and charged almost $700 without authorization. I’ve never ever heard of a company doing this in error. This is out of control what is happening 

4 Likes
SweetHorseDesignCo
Community Member

Jump to solution

was is frightening is the fact it happened at all. 1317.00 autocharged to card on file, when i owe not a penny . then to send to bank account instead of refunding card is beyond belief. I have to wait until money clears to pay credit card bill, are you going to refund the interest charged for the days i have to wait to pay it, not to mention you have maxed out the card, which looks bad on credit score.

I have turned off autobill, and have great concerns, in looking at these forums, that many people are in more financal troubles than me.

This becomes a huge trust issue, as this in unprecedented, and possibly a compromised area. Very worried here.

7 Likes
Linsvintageboutique
Community Member

Jump to solution

If Etsy is sorry about their big mistake why don't the sellers finds you took go directly back instantly  today like you took it.we shouldn't have to wait til .now will be Tuesday  this coming week.while o banks are now all minnot right etsy

0 Likes
SweetHorseDesignCo
Community Member

Jump to solution

from what i can see, not a small group.

7 Likes
CoastalStrokes
Community Member

Jump to solution

Funny I was never contacted by Etsy in fact I was filling an order and noticed that I had a payment over $1100.00 waiting to be deposited on Tuesday since the bank is closed Monday. If I would not have seen this I would not have had any idea that it happened until I went to buy somerthing and my card declined. I am very upset over this as I am sure a lot of people but was told even a manager could not help me get my money back any sooner.

2 Likes
AnnadaisysFabrics
Community Member

Jump to solution

Etsy charged over $13,000 to my card today for fees.  Obviously a mistake, but since I was unable to reach anyone by phone, I cancelled my card.  Quite surprising and now quite inconvenient to have to wait for my new business card to arrive.  

6 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.