I have two products that are being advertised that are not coming up today in searches at all.  They are very popular right now and one of them is a Best Seller.  I even put them on sale to see if they would come up.  This is one of them:  https://thetimetaxi.etsy.com/listing/1479039095

I tried searching in incognito and it isn't coming up.  I am not getting any search visits either.  I am just getting visits from social media etc. 

It usually comes up under Dalmatian Ears, Dalmatian Hair Clips or Dalmatian Barrettes.  

Re: Items not showing in search and best sellers too!

Jump to solution

@cindylouwho2 3 were best sellers that the etsy staff done instantly somehow as the sales are coming through straight away now, the other one took around 10 mins that wasn't a best seller

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
2 Likes

Jump to solution

@ByVanillaMintDesigns @MENGCACA thank you. While there is a small possibility this is not the new handmade review process itself - it could be a bug related to those upcoming changes, for example - it is obviously not just a test of deindexing badged listings. 

1 Like

Jump to solution

@cindylouwho2 Just rechecked the listings and back to deindexed, what an absolute joke, no way to run a business at all

2 Likes
Chrysalism
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

@cindylouwho2 only 2 of my 8 de-indexed items are badged. 

1 Like
LKVINTAGEFAVOUR
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

I am having the same issues here, two best sellers are gone from search and sales are down massively. Still awaiting a call back from Etsy

1 Like

Jump to solution

I would wonder since they are best sellers if their pix have not been stolen and the "duplicate photo bot" then removed them? But this seems like a LOT of removed listings even for that?

1 Like

Jump to solution

@hopeandjoystudios Definitely possible. Up until last week, that bot was just removing items, not deindexing them like this. So this could be the beginning of Etsy using deindexing, which they promised us back in September: https://community.etsy.com/t5/Announcements/An-update-on-how-we-re-keeping-Etsy-special/m-p/14345600...

It could also be the launch of that process going horribly wrong LOL I do think the deindexing is not a coincidence, though. 

5 Likes

Jump to solution

What a flustercluck.. what is the assurance it will not be removed again? It makes me see the plus side of having no best sellers and crappy pictures...

4 Likes
VibeEnvy
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

One of my de-indexed listings i can not find any website using the same images, similar stuff but surprisingly i didn't find any scam sites that copied the listing so for my case it doesn't seem like this would be related to the sensitive mass produced/resell bot.

1 Like

Jump to solution

I have been checking my item every hour and I am glad to report it has been indexed again and I can find it in my shop search.

Keep an eye on yours. Hopefully they will be indexed again soon too. 

4 Likes
WaypostPaper
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

Experiencing the same issue with two bestseller listings, though one bestseller listing DOES show up when searching within my shop, so it doesn't seem to be *all* bestseller listings. Etsy chat support told me, "In this case is an error that we are working to solve as soon as possible we can, our engineering team is working on resolving it as quickly as possible. I’ve added your report to our investigation."

1 Like
Chrysalism
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

3 of my 8 are re-indexed, hoping for a quick resolution for the rest of them!

2 Likes
VibeEnvy
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

I've only just started looking into this on my shop and noticed so far, two of them are de-indexed, they are my most recent two sold items. Anyone experiencing this want to do a check and see if the sudden de-indexed listing are also most recently sold? (obviously this could affect best sellers, but one of mine is not a best seller and has only had a few sales ever and the other item sells regularly but never had a best seller badge, so for me it seems more of a timeframe issue as opposed to a rate of sales/traffic issue (best sellers just happen to be more likely to get sales in that timeframe).

I'm gonna keep looking and see if there are others but i discovered the two missing items first then realized they were the last two i've sold. 3 sales ago the item is indexed, busy now but will do a little more testing later.

1 Like

Jump to solution

@VibeEnvy that sort of thing has happened before, but not for several years.

In some shops, I am seeing reports of items that didn't sell but were deindexed, so there could very well be multiple causes. 

1 Like
Chrysalism
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

Yes! Everything I sold between 6pm and 2am last night was de-indexed when I checked today. All 8 of my de-indexed listings were sold during that timeframe, and nothing else. Then I sold a few things today that remained indexed. But I just sold a pair of earrings a few minutes ago and checked- they are de-indexed now. Interesting

0 Likes
NelsonsGifts
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

Yes all of ours were sold yesterday then disappeared during the night.

3 Likes
DianeMabrey
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

Just did some more checking and so far I have two listings missing. One has the best seller badge and the other one does not.

1 Like

Jump to solution

@VibeEnvy, your post prompted me to check ... I have one de-indexed listing, which was a listing sold out a few weeks ago that I renewed this morning.  It's definitely not a best seller, it hardly gets much action at all.  This afternoon I renewed another older listing (sold out several months ago), and added a new listing - both of those are fine.

So I'm wondering if (certain?) listings renewed during a certain period (this morning?) were affected, due to some indexing programming error.  Etsy support does seem to be replying that it's a bug that they are in the process of fixing.  @cindylouwho2 , it could still indicate changes or rolling out of whatever code is needed for the de-indexing (rather than removal) promise.  Etsy always seems to give us an inadvertent heads-up re: programming changes by the glitches that precede them ; )

3 Likes

Jump to solution

@BlackSheepDyeworks at least a couple of shops are reporting this for items not sold or reactivated, but hey, with Etsy bugs, you just never know ... could be multiple things going on. 

I thoroughly agree that sometimes seemingly unrelated bugs turn out to be connected to Etsy changes, though, and already speculated about this being a bug related to the handmade bot changes, instead of just the actual changes. Which were supposed to happen in September, but who is counting? LOL

5 Likes

Jump to solution

The usual "let's break this, while we fix that".

4 Likes

Jump to solution

@cindylouwho2 perhaps it's the renewing / listing that triggers it and as bestsellers well sell a lot it would trigger the renewing part more often....

3 Likes

Jump to solution
4 Likes

Jump to solution

@CraftyCornishMaids a bug related to "our routine sweeps to keep our marketplace safe and identify prohibited items" - which does fit my original theory. 

I certainly hope they are going to roll out the bot changes soon, as completely deactivating flagged listings for weeks with zero communication is not great, and it needs to stop. 

6 Likes
MurphyGardens
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Two of my Best Selling, Advertised and On Sale products are not showing up in searches.

Jump to solution

Re-sharing my post from here

Hi everyone - thanks so much for bringing this issue to our attention so that our team could look into it. While rankings in search are based on many factors, we have discovered a technical glitch that limited the visibility of a very small subset of items in search. This occurred during our routine sweeps to keep our marketplace safe and identify prohibited items. We are in the process of implementing a solution, and impacted listings should be restored to search within the next several hours. We apologize for any confusion or frustration this may have caused.

6 Likes

Re: Two of my Best Selling, Advertised and On Sale products are not showing up in searches.

Jump to solution

Can we please get an update? I was told four hours ago a fix would be in place no later than two hours later.

2 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.