My views have been down massively the last few days.

Upon searching for my bestsellers i have found these are absolutely nowhere to be found in search.

I ranked top for several items in my etsy shop under several different searches for each item.

Now for example when i type in 'football water bottle' in search (i had a best seller in this search on page 1) i have got all the way to page 84 (the last page) My item is nowhere to be found!

Is there a issue with etsy search at the moment?

BananaPieDesigns
Inspiration Seeker

Re: Etsy Search all incorrect

Jump to solution

I'm having the same exact issue. Ever since last night, I can no longer find my listings that have ranked on the first and second pages of search. They are not even considered Best Sellers, I just have good listing tags and titles. Not sure what is going on, but I'm starting to freak out. 

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
2 Likes
iArtiArlo
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

It's been 10 hours so far and now I feel lost. No communication, nothing! It's horrible feeling but now I've seen a lot of people are having this issue which makes me feel I am not alone. I hope this fix this soon!

2 Likes
MurphyGardens
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

Hi everyone - thanks so much for bringing this issue to our attention so that our team could look into it. While rankings in search are based on many factors, we have discovered a technical glitch that limited the visibility of a very small subset of items in search. This occurred during our routine sweeps to keep our marketplace safe and identify prohibited items. We are in the process of implementing a solution, and impacted listings should be restored to search within the next several hours. We apologize for any confusion or frustration this may have caused.

26 Likes

Jump to solution

I still have at least two items that are not indexed.  

https://www.etsy.com/listing/1238079132

and 

https://www.etsy.com/listing/1479039095

Please help!

Linda

1 Like

Jump to solution

Just checked and all my listing seem to be back thanks for fixing!

1 Like
OneParkAve
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

All items in my shop are still affected. Hoping they can fix this soon!

1 Like

Jump to solution

I want to complain about something I see happening in my shop

First of all, I am a store with thousands of sales, many repeat customers and hundreds of 5 star review.

I am star seller from the beginning that this exists.

In the last 2 months I noticed a huge drop in sales, in views and visits.

I entered ingognito on Etsy search and said that leave in USA and delivered there.

Usually my items were visible on the first 2 pages, multiple of them. Now I don't even see them. Not even as advertised that pay for that. 

What happen? 

What I suppose to do about that? 

It's my job, my main job. 

Now I've set up a company to do update my info on Etsy. 

And I'm afraid for what it happens. 

Please look at this and fix this

2 Likes
eveandsage
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

I have three that have not been fixed yet. I have reached out to support a few times and was given the same information given above^. 

https://www.etsy.com/listing/1151643675/ultimate-mystery-crystal-box-tiktok?click_key=253b6ae491d704...

and

https://www.etsy.com/listing/1126397427/ultimate-confetti-scoop-witchy-dip?click_key=cb1ab696fbebd52...

and 

https://www.etsy.com/listing/1187683312/wicked-value-crystal-mystery-box-10?click_key=4ab7c4a7b779e1...

Nothing has been fixed regarding my shop. All sales and visibility are gone.

1 Like
Chrysalism
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

@MurphyGardens This has not been fully resolved yet. I still have 2 de-indexed items:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/705781972/

https://www.etsy.com/listing/634903735/

Please can you pass this on to the team responsible for fixing the glitch? 

0 Likes

Jump to solution

I wanted to thank you for pulling down our listings for 3 days and showing some of our competitors' listings at the top of the searches and directing all sales to them. Do you know how much damage your mistake has done to us financially? Do you know how much more sales some competitors have collected? As a result, your seller protection policy is not working well at all.

1 Like

Jump to solution

It truly doesn't seem like anything has been fixed. Business just drastically turned off and I have done everything that I see suggested to remedy it. My ad budget has not been used up completely either, which is a clear indicator of an existing search issue.

3 Likes

Jump to solution

Hi, I have today this exact issue. All listings have vanished from Etsy search. Even using the exact titles, they do not show on any page. I have best selling items and usually the first pages are filled with my listings when searching similar words. I pay for advertising also, so this really is beyond crazy and im really freaking out now. I have contacted etsy support who were no use at all. Please can you assist? 

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Would've been nice if Etsy responded to all of us through email like we were initially promised instead of leaving all of us hanging all day and losing thousands of dollars. We all brought this attention to Etsy early in the morning and to only get a response buried in a thread at the end of the day is really disheartening. 

8 Likes
SugarTaffySoap
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

@joegulsluxurymelts  I see your bestseller badge on your first item.  For some reason mine never shows like yours. It can only be viewed when clicked on the BS item. 

0 Likes
VibeEnvy
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

I notice they said specifically a small subset of items, normally their wording is a small amount of sellers were affected. Does that mean most sellers have been affected even if it were only a small amount of their listings? I would consider that a widespread issue if that's the case.

4 Likes
UptownYvette
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

Always check when you are logged out of the system as opposed to when logged in, but there has been a problem.  Hopefully, it will get fixed and fixed properly and products get indexed they way they are supposed to.

2 Likes

Jump to solution

So I have a few bestsellers, they show in incognito search but yet my sales have been seriously cut since Friday. I am not getting the favorites I should either. Is this the same issue or something altogether different? Hope it comes back soon, I have bills to pay!

0 Likes

Jump to solution

This happened to our shop.  Something that someone said in this thread made me check our shop. The search feature in our shop wasn’t working and I couldn’t find any of our listings in Etsy search - absolutely nothing!  I contacted Etsy support and within a few hours it was fixed. I advise anyone with this problem to contact Etsy support immediately.

1 Like

Jump to solution

It looks like Etsy is trying to clear up the counterfeit NFL items that are rampant on the site and you got caught up in the firestorm.

Sadly, counterfeits are still right at the top of the search results!

Good luck.

3 Likes
Chrysalism
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

I got an email reply claiming the issue has been resolved but I still have one bestseller that is de-indexed. Hopefully it will be back up tomorrow. Does anyone else still have de-indexed listings?

5 Likes

Jump to solution

I still have my bestseller de indexed. 3 of my other listings are back up. 

3 Likes
WWAlchemy
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

2 of my best sellers are still de-indexed.  

2 Likes

Jump to solution

One of my bestsellers is still de-indexed. It also has an Etsy's Pick badge. I will be checking periodically, and if it isn't back by morning I'll be reaching out to support again.

4 Likes

Jump to solution

Mine (pick & bestseller) is still deindexed.

2 Likes

Jump to solution

My best seller is still de-indexed also.

Hopefully fixed by morning.

2 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.