I have been receiving several messages from buyers saying they can't checkout. It shows this error message:

There was a problem with your order. Please try again

I have tested myself from a different account and I get the same error too. When I try to purchase from another person's shop. All is fine but I and neither can my customers purchase from my store.

Is anyone else having this issue? Have you had this issue before? If so how was it fixed? 

I have spoken to 2 different chat admin, one said there was nothing wrong. The other said they got the same message but didn't know why. 

I'm not sure what to do. I'm loosing customers because of this error message

Re: There was a problem with your order. Please try again

Jump to solution

@HerrMoostache

Hello,

Please Help us.
i have this issue "there was a problem with your order. please try again” at the checkout.
it still the error at the checkout ,we use many option to try to check it for you .

Several days ago, as of January 10, 2023, Shop were unable to receive any payment at all.
I've been waiting 13 days for tech support to get me an update.

I have zero sales since this problem happened, but it impossible to order it since this problem .
anyone else having this issue? Have you had this issue before? If so how was it fixed?

Thank you so much for your help .
ARRLI

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
LovesVintage43
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

Following up with everyone just to bump this- the tech problem they actually did get back to me about was to do with not having the social media post for star seller, so it wasn't anything to do with this issue.

Since then I have had several orders come through so I know that I am not experiencing the same issue as everyone else,I hope you get it sorted out very soon! 

Could it be possible that perhaps your stored details with Etsy need updating ? Don't we have our bank cards on file with them for our payment accounts, maybe you have expired cards that need updating ? x Just a thought?

2 Likes

Jump to solution

@LovesVintage43 

I had originally thought something like that may be going on. Something out of date or expired. I combed through every tiny thing in settings to check everything was up to date so I don't think it's that. 

It would be worth other sellers with this issue just checking it out though.

2 Likes

Jump to solution

Hello,

Please Help us.
i have this issue "there was a problem with your order. please try again” at the checkout.
it still the error at the checkout ,we use many option to try to check it for you .

Several days ago, as of January 10, 2023, Shop were unable to receive any payment at all.
I've been waiting 15 days for tech support to get me an update.

I have zero sales since this problem happened, but it impossible to order it since this problem .
anyone else having this issue? Have you had this issue before? If so how was it fixed?

Paypal We are fine, we have checked with Paypal several times.
And we tried Paypal we can buy Etsy products and Paypal we can get paid through Email invoice and other websites.
Finally, we tried this PayPal on other Etsy stores and it works just fine.

But this store, this account has not been able to checkout for several days.

There are many stores that have problems with the Checkout system. Whether it's a shop from Turkey, UK, USA, POLAND, CANADA THAILAND, and all shops that use the ETSY PAYMENT system, they have problems with the checkout system like us.
The information is in the FORUMS below as we have attached a link.
https://community.etsy.com/t5/Technical-Issues/There-was-a-problem-with-your-order-Please-try-again/...

Please help to fix it for us, customer contact every day and we can't receive payment for 15 days. Please help us. With this we beg you

Thank you!
Best Regards,
SANYA

1 Like

Jump to solution

Today It is very disappoint that Etsy support closed my ticket one for this problem as "This request is complete".

How is complete ? I still have the problem ,my store can not to sell to my  customer ,it still unable to complete the checkout ,

the error still there .

No #standwithsmall anymore.

5 Likes

Jump to solution

Does anyone have any information from etsy support regarding our joint probem???

1 Like

Jump to solution

18 days and counting, my customer unable to checkout . Zero sale on my shop. No any reply and update from Etsy support .

hope they will fix the problem for all of us in very soon.

3 Likes

Jump to solution

@AnuszkaDesign it has been 16 days for me and zero updates. Every time I contact support to check on the status I get the same response "they are looking into it, keep an eye on your inbox and spam". I saw that @LylaSupplies got it fixed but as far as I can tell their store is the only one that actually got a fix, everyone else has been waiting and getting nothing.

Edit: Sorry, I keep forgetting I'm signed into my other store. The store that has the problem is @TheTypographyTipi 

2 Likes

Jump to solution

I'm lost for words as to why this is still happening to other shops I wish I knew what the problem actually was, the tech team email, didn't describe the issue or how it was fixed. It may of helped, if we knew what it was. There maybe common factors between our shops. Reading through the posts, it seems like random shops in random locations. It's so very odd. 

All I can say is never give up and request your ticket number on chat and use that same ticket number as reference in your follow up chats later. So the chat rep can read previous conversation without you having to explain over and over again. Also, try to get your buyers to contact etsy, showing their screen and stating your shop name. 

3 Likes

Jump to solution

Hello,

I really sorry for this inconvenience.
The payment system on our shop had a problem 16 days ago.

There will be a message saying
"There was a problem with your order. Please try again."

Now our payment system connected to Paypal payment has a problem.

And in the ETSY Forum, there are many shops that have the same problem. There is a message that says

"There was a problem with your order. Please try again."

There are many stores that have problems with the Checkout system. Whether it's a shop from Turkey, UK, USA, POLAND, CANADA THAILAND, and all shops that use the ETSY PAYMENT system, they have problems with the checkout system like us.
The information is in the FORUMS below as we have attached a link.
community.etsy.com/t5/Technical-Issues/There-was-a-problem-with-your-ord...

Best regards
ARRLI

1 Like

Jump to solution

it still have the the problem of the bug at the checkout ,my customer can not to complete to buy my item ,it stop at the checkout which show the error , I still have the problem since 9 Jan and until now . 

while i waiting for the hope from Etsy ,

After I replied on my ticket of the problem on yesterday that i still want Etsy help to fix my problem at the store .

Today It is very disappoint that Etsy support closed my ticket one for this problem as "This request is complete".

How is complete ? I still have the problem ,my store can not to sell to my  customer ,it still unable to complete the checkout ,

the error still there .T_T

2 Likes

Jump to solution

I have different feelings and sometimes they stop believing that someone is really doing something about it. I see someone from the etsy team pops up on our forum from time to time posting the same comment. He is thead of the Seller Outreach Program. Now that he's here and sees what we're struggling with and is in that role, I think he could help us a lot more. Such dry posts that are repeated automatically:
"Hello,

I see that you have contacted our support team with regard to this issue, so please hold on while your case is reviewed.

Otherwise, our engineers have also been alerted since other shops reported a similar problem.

Thanks!"
I get from the etsy support team.
We need more information, an update on our affairs, and the feeling that someone is actually doing something. It's a bit unfair that one store has been repaired and the rest is not taken care of. I see we've all been with etsy.com for years. I guess etsy has some obligations to us and should look after our interests better since we trusted etsy.

3 Likes

Dot.: There was a problem with your order. Please try again

Jump to solution

I have different feelings and sometimes they stop believing that someone is really doing something about it. I see someone from the etsy team @HerrMoostache pops up on our forum from time to time posting the same comment. He is thead of the Seller Outreach Program. Now that he's here and sees what we're struggling with and is in that role, I think he could help us a lot more. Such dry posts that are repeated automatically:
"Hello,

I see that you have contacted our support team with regard to this issue, so please hold on while your case is reviewed.

Otherwise, our engineers have also been alerted since other shops reported a similar problem.

Thanks!"
I get from the etsy support team.
We need more information, an update on our affairs, and the feeling that someone is actually doing something. It's a bit unfair that one store has been repaired and the rest is not taken care of. I see we've all been with etsy.com for years. I guess etsy has some obligations to us and should look after our interests better since we trusted etsy.

2 Likes

Dot.: There was a problem with your order. Please try again

Jump to solution

I'm thinking out loud... maybe we're not getting any emails from etsy.com that should inform us of any updates. I know that on another forum sellers complain about such problems. Maybe etsy.com sent us some emails about updating our bank accounts etc. but we don't know???

1 Like

Jump to solution

I am still unable to sell. I have stopped contacting Etsy support. They are kind, they are so sorry etc. etc. when a customer tries to buy and goes through support. They are kind, they are so sorry and then they suggest my customer try buying the item from another shop. I do no feel like they are trying to help at all. I am beyond frustrated. 

4 Likes
OHETHNO
Post Crafter

Jump to solution

My store hasn't been fixed either. Chat admin keeps saying please wait to be contacted by email. It's been 17 days now. I feel so hopeless. 

3 Likes

Jump to solution

Hi @OHETHNO Yours says to pay with PayPal only. Is that what you mean?

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Wow, is this what the issue is with no sales lately!?

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Maybe! I had 1 order during the whole weekend, while my standard is ~8-12. I'm wondering if my sales just went flat or maybe it's just the bug that Etsy doesn't even care to fix.

Are they aware no sales for us, no money for them?

4 Likes

Jump to solution

@CarnevalMefisto would you mind checking my shop please to see if there is an issue with it? I will have a look at yours..

0 Likes
EnergyPeace
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

I am not getting that error when I tried checking out from your shop. 

1 Like

Jump to solution

"Are they aware no sales for us, no money for them?" This is not a valid way of looking at things - Etsy looks at site wide sales NOT the sales of any individual shop to decide what is a priority for them.

1 Like
EnergyPeace
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

question is, is anyone truly keeping tabs on revenue or order numbers? Or do they look at that when they get the quarterly report?

See I can see with a large venue, unless run very well, and Etsy is not it! they won't even notice until a quarter show decline in sales. 

1 Like

Jump to solution

my shop is still not fix , i have the problem 3 weeks, i am waiting for technical team get back to me. 

0 Likes

Jump to solution

My ticket was closed, no explanation, no solution to the problem - OUTRAGEOUS!!!

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.