I have been receiving several messages from buyers saying they can't checkout. It shows this error message:

There was a problem with your order. Please try again

I have tested myself from a different account and I get the same error too. When I try to purchase from another person's shop. All is fine but I and neither can my customers purchase from my store.

Is anyone else having this issue? Have you had this issue before? If so how was it fixed? 

I have spoken to 2 different chat admin, one said there was nothing wrong. The other said they got the same message but didn't know why. 

I'm not sure what to do. I'm loosing customers because of this error message

Re: There was a problem with your order. Please try again

Jump to solution

I just opened a new store, same account number, etc. guess what? It works!!!
Is it normal that the old shop is not working even though all bank and tax details are the same? I had to change the shop name and email address because it's necessary, but otherwise everything is the same.
I have a feeling that we have problems because we are cut off from etsy payments. Just why?

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
1 Like

Jump to solution

hopeless. 

0 Likes

Jump to solution

This may explain why my shop also came to a screeching halt over a week ago. I have no idea because not all buyers will message you to let you know there is a problem, they just move on and you lose the sale and potential future business. 

3 Likes

Jump to solution

Guys, recently I met another person who had the same problem. Luckily her problem was solved. This person gave me one piece of advice, told me to contact etsy support non-stop via email, chat, give the ticket number, and so on, over and over again. It took her 3 days, but she ended one chat and started another, almost day and night. I know it may be silly and childish, but what else is left for us...

1 Like

Jump to solution

thank you very much for you sharing us this information.

i will never give us to bring my shop back to sell it again.

hopefully Etsy will fix it for all

of us.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

my shop was fixed on today ^_^

Thank you very much for all of you , My shop back to selling again .

I really hope Etsy will help to fix the problem for other store ,then all of us will be move forward to selling again .

0 Likes

Jump to solution

My shop started to work last night. I do not know if it was something Etsy did. One thing I did yesterday was update my return policy on every item in my shop. And my shop started working an hour after that. So I do not know why it is suddenly working, but it is.

yolanda

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Bad news everyone. The bug us back! Nobody can purchase through our shop again. It's only been 2 weeks since it was fixed. I'm devasted

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Hi

my shop was not working for three weeks and then it was. Some one else with the same problem contacted me and asked me if I had changed currency in my shop recently. I had. Some times changing currency and then changing it back too soon can cause a problem . The other thing I noticed is that Etsy now requires you to add your return policy to every single listing. I just had a general return policy so I went through and did a bulk edit adding a return policy to every single listing. My store started to work 12 hours after that. I do not know why my shop started to work again, I am just sharing possible reasons. It could have been something Etsy tech support did too. 

1 Like

Jump to solution

Etsy confirmed that it was the currency change for my store and it seems that that was the problem for a few other's I've been talking to. Did your to change your store's currency?

1 Like

Jump to solution

@TheTypographyTipi I have the same exact issue due to the multiple currency change, how did you manage to get it solved if I may ask?

0 Likes

Jump to solution

@MatteoColomboStudio I didn't actually do anything, it just started working one day and then a few days later I got a response from Etsy (after waiting for 3 weeks) with instructions on how to fix it. 

They told me I can change my currency back to GBP, then change it to another currency, aside from USD. Wait for a few hours and change it to USD.

Those are the currencies that messed it up for me but obviously you will just use the currencies that you wanted to.

Hope this helps

1 Like

Jump to solution

@TheTypographyTipi thanks a lot for your reply, it is valuable information.

Actually now I don't see anymore the option for changing the currency, I was thinking to switch it again to see if the system started to behave normally but seems that I cannot anymore, the button has disappeared.

I keep seeing the green banner "We're changing your shop currency to Euro and converting your prices.
We will send you an email when all of your prices have been converted. It could take an hour." Been 5 days now.

I hope support which I contacted today can fix the issue. I am stuck.

0 Likes
PrintPunkStore
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

I'm having the same issue with my buyer, he is unable to make the purchase. I'm not a developer but I inspect what the problem is but don't know how to solve this:

This error is caused by the server denying access to the source map files. As a user of the website, there is nothing you can do to fix this error.

However, if you are a developer working on the Etsy website or have access to the server hosting the source maps, you can try the following steps to resolve the issue:

1. Check if the source map files are actually present on the server and if they have the correct permissions.

2. Ensure that the server is configured to serve the source map files with the correct content type (application/json).

3. Check if any security measures on the server, such as firewalls or access control lists, are blocking access to the source map files.

4. If the source map files are being served from a CDN, check if the CDN is configured correctly and is not blocking access to the files.

5. If none of the above steps work, you can try contacting the support team for the website or the server to get more information on the issue and a possible resolution.

It's important to note that as a user, you cannot fix this error, but you can try using a different browser or clearing your cache to see if that resolves the issue.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.