TBQSC
Community Maker

Shop Section Categories ... Glitch?

"Group related listings into Sections to help shoppers browse (e.g., Bracelets, Father’s Day Gifts, Yarn). Add your first section"

All my products are already categorized into my various shop sections, but when editing a listing, I get this ^^^ sentence in place of my shop sections.  I don't need to add my first section!

Anybody else have this glitch while editing your listings?

Labels (2)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
11 Replies
ChillwolfArt
Conversation Maker

Re: Shop Section Categories ... Glitch?

Bumping.

I see what you mean; you already have Sections.  Must be some kind of a glitch.

1 Like

@TBQSC: There are quite a few reports of this in this forum - and it has been going on for some time even when editing an existing listing. If you already had the listing is a section then it seems to stay there. You can usually edit it, if it is a new listing, after saving it as a draft.

1 Like
TBQSC
Community Maker

Thanks for the help @ChillwolfArt & @BagmakerSupply!  I actually did a forum search before I posted and I didn't see anything ... guess I must have somehow missed the other posts, and in that case, I'm sorry for the duplicates!  I'm wondering if the glitch is happening because I am choosing to use the old listing version (I really dislike the new version)... and if so, then perhaps this glitch won't ever be fixed.  <sigh>

1 Like

@TBQSC: We only use the "old" form as for us the "new" form takes longer to do what we need to do - plus there are too many reports that the "new" form breaks listings. The glitch is not consistent and seems to be intermittent.

0 Likes

Is this happening on the new listing form?

0 Likes
TBQSC
Community Maker

@PillowDetails no, I see it on the old listing page version.

1 Like

@TBQSC 

Thats been happening for me for well over a year now maybe closer to 2 years. It seems random and doesn't always happen but happens more often on new listings. Refreshing doesn't fix it and it doesn't matter which browser either. I have notified support about it a couple of times but they can't recreate it on their end so nothing to fix according to them. I gave up and just deal with it.

So now I just edit section with the bulk edit tools after I save as draft or publish.

edit to add- I use the old listing form. I can't stand the new one. I will hold out using the old one as long as I can.

2 Likes

That happens every once in awhile. Refreshing the page while holding down the Shift key usually fixes it, or try a different browser.

1 Like
TBQSC
Community Maker

Thanks @WitticismsRus ... I'm sorry to hear this has been happening for so long, and has not been fixed yet.  Weird that Etsy cannot even duplicate it.  I wonder if glitches like this happen when listings are integrated from other venues.  I just deleted my 2.5 yr old IM website (way too many issues & security breaches), and am now relisting everything back into my Etsy shop.  Now when I go into each listing to edit it, that is when I am seeing the category section glitch happening.  

0 Likes
TBQSC
Community Maker

Thanks @AAANativeArts, I didn't know about that trick (shift key when refreshing the page).  I did try another browser and got the same glitch.  

0 Likes

@TBQSC

Holding down the Shift key prevents it from loading the exact same thing again from Cache.

1 Like
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.