I have been receiving several messages from buyers saying they can't checkout. It shows this error message:

There was a problem with your order. Please try again

I have tested myself from a different account and I get the same error too. When I try to purchase from another person's shop. All is fine but I and neither can my customers purchase from my store.

Is anyone else having this issue? Have you had this issue before? If so how was it fixed? 

I have spoken to 2 different chat admin, one said there was nothing wrong. The other said they got the same message but didn't know why. 

I'm not sure what to do. I'm loosing customers because of this error message

Re: There was a problem with your order. Please try again

Jump to solution

@SnappyBaby

I had try to the new list for my shop, but it seem to not work ,the problem is still there .

it still show the error at the checkout as the same .

thank you so much for your kind suggestion and help 

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes

Jump to solution

@EnigmaPuzzleStudio 

My shop is having trouble checking out ,the problem is still not fix as a week , my customer can not to buy my items ,I have no sale as a week

Etsy support did not get back to me after I reported the problem .

Could you please any help ?

Thank you so much .

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Today I had tried to chat with Etsy support to ask them to check my case from ticket ID ,but it seem to be the Etsy support  can not to check it for me ,they just let me know that I should ask my buyer to report the problem that they can not buy it from my shop ,it will be faster than seller. 

Because The Etsy buyer account  don't have the problem at all ,she can buy my item from my another shop on Etsy ,but she can not to buy it from my Chockypetshop ,it have the bug of the error of the Checkout from only this shop . We use the same PayPal account address for both of this 2 shops , my PayPal account is ok ,it don't have any problem ,because we can received the order from this buyer.

Many many thanks for your help ,because I no idea how to do it .

0 Likes

Jump to solution

I'm having the same issue too - I've had no orders in over a week now Etsy have said there isn't a problem - when I went on live chat they told me it was the buyers issue, then when my buyer they said it was my issue - then they told her to go to another Etsy seller!! 

They go on about our customer service as sellers and theirs is appalling

2 Likes

Jump to solution

:: We've got this issue too :@ ::

1 Like

Jump to solution

Several days ago, as of January 11, 2023, Shop were unable to receive any payment at all.
Every customer cannot pay our shop at all. Not just some people seem to be everyone in recent days, unable to payment at all.

I have the many customer to let me know that they can not to buy my items ,

it have at the error "there was a problem with your order. please try again” at the checkout.

Would you please some one help me to see my problem about the bug at checkout and I will so appreciate if someone suggest me how this problem will be solve it .

I have tested myself from a different account and I get the same error too. When I try to purchase from another person's shop. All is fine but I and neither can my customers purchase from my store.

I found the problem since 5 days ago and also chat with Etsy support to reported the problem ,at the begging they had checked my account and said my account is fine and asked me to check with my PayPal account and yes I had checked with PayPal , they said my account is no problem which can be received money without any problem .

I have zero sales since this problem happened ,my repeated customer had tried to contact us to report the problem because they love to place the order again ,but it impossible to order it since this problem .

anyone else having this issue? Have you had this issue before? If so how was it fixed? 

I never found this problem before on my shops and I am so glad to see that there are this community that many people in the community help together . I really hope my shop will be back to sell to my customer again ,it lovely to make the product and sell it on Etsy .

Thank you so much for your help .
ARRLI

1 Like

Jump to solution

@DaisyBelleRose

@CamilleantheCucko

@SecretShopInDungeon

Your Shop have the exactly problem with my shop  . It show the error at the Checkout

as There was a problem with your order. Please try again. 

2 Likes
OHETHNO
Post Crafter

Jump to solution

I have the same problem. It’s been a week now. I have provided different customer screenshots showing the error message to chat admin. My store is still yet to be fixed. Does anyone know how long does etsy take to solve problems? 

2 Likes

Jump to solution

it has now been 11 days for me, still nothing fixed and no updates to say they are trying.

have you had anything from them yet?

2 Likes
OHETHNO
Post Crafter

Jump to solution

@TheTypographyTipi  No I have not. 11 days for me either. This is unbelievable! I even have custom orders waiting for purchase. People here losing customers every single day and still Etsy doesn't take this seriously.

1 Like
chocolaterabbit
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

I love your shop. I just bought some things and payment went through smoothly. No problems at all. I was using Chrome.

Glad I found you

1 Like
LovesVintage43
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

I got in touch with etsy via chat at the weekend as I thought I was having a technical issue, they told me no and my shop was working fine, but then I received an email yesterday saying I do have a technical problem in my shop but I wasn't told what it was and only that they're working on it....is anyone able to test mine to see if it's the same issue, please? Selena x

1 Like

Jump to solution

@LovesVintage43  I just tried placing an order in your shop, up until the final point where I would finally hit "Place your order".  Everything was fine up to that point.  

Wish I could complete the order, but right now I absolutely cannot justify buying another pair of earrings, even as lovely as yours are!  Hope this problem gets worked out for everyone soon.

1 Like
LovesVintage43
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

@PieceByNumberQuilts  Hahaha! I know what you mean, I have way too many pairs myself! Thank you for testing the functionality for me pleased to hear it's working up to that point lol x 

1 Like

Jump to solution

My store has the same problem, I've been waiting 8 days for tech support to get me an update. They didn't happen to mention what the issue was in your case, did they? I'm at the end of my rope here. I was so happy to hear that your store is back to normal though!

1 Like

Jump to solution

Several days ago, as of January 11, 2023, Shop were unable to receive any payment at all.
Every customer cannot pay our shop at all. Not just some people seem to be everyone in recent days, unable to payment at all.

it have at the error  "there was a problem with your order. please try again” at the checkout.

I have zero sales since this problem happened ,my repeated customer had tried to contact us to report the problem because they love to place the order again ,but it impossible to order it since this problem .
anyone else having this issue? Have you had this issue before? If so how was it fixed? 
Would you please some one help me to see my problem about the bug at checkout and I will so appreciate if someone suggest me how this problem will be solve it .

1 Like

Jump to solution

:: Yes, still have this issue... Etsy chat said they can check out fine in my shop ??? How... would they would actually click the 'make payment' part to see ??? They say it's a buyer issue.... but it can't be a multiple buyer issue... I told them to look at the threads about this on the forum, but they just say there's no problem... !!! ::

3 Likes

Jump to solution

Still have this issue "there was a problem with your order. please try again” at the checkout.

I've been waiting 8 days for tech support to get me an update. 

I have zero sales since this problem happened, but it impossible to order it since this problem .

ARRLI

1 Like

Jump to solution

Is this still happening as seen a few posts regarding things have gone dead and yes mine is no exception, days of nothing, is this happening on the App or when using the website? or Checkout in general.

2 Likes

Jump to solution

The error is happened for both of Etsy app and using the the website .

0 Likes

Jump to solution

@Chockypetshop oh thats not good, so is it still happening then?

2 Likes

Jump to solution

Yes i still have the problem T_T

1 Like

Jump to solution

in the past when I had this issue Etsy support was able to complete a purchase in my shop even if my customers could not. Yesterday Etsy support could not complete a purchase either. One of my customers spent quite a bit of time with support trying to shop with me. He tried on several devices, cleared his cache etc, etc. he still could not shop with me. Then support said the problem was a coupon I had in my shop so I deactivated every coupon. Customer still not able to shop. I am beyond frustrated. 

3 Likes

Dot.: There was a problem with your order. Please try again

Jump to solution

I have the same problem. I sent messages about this to etsy support but with no positive effects. I just spoke to another seller who had the same problem for about a year. It's unbelievable that technicians can't fix it instead. I have the impression that my requests for intervention are ignored and in return I receive a few words of apology and thanks for the long cooperation.

3 Likes
ChillwolfArt
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

On Tuesday, LovesVintage43 said they were told in an Etsy email there was a technical problem and they are working on it. 
On Thursday, Etsy Chat told CamilleandtheCuckoo there was no problem; they could check out fine.
Yesterday, YosFinds was told by Etsy Support that they could not complete a purchase.  So which is it?
Chockypetshop is having the problem on both the app and website.

There is a problem and people need help.  People are receiving an error at checkout.  Buyers are not going to jump through hoops or try to contact Sellers just to make a sale (I wouldn't as a buyer).

@ampersay  Is anyone looking into this problem?  I've seen nothing posted about this, yet this is still an issue for people.  Thank You in advance.

ETA:  I just saw where EnigmaPuzzle addressed the OP a week ago, and it was fixed for them, which is great.  But others are still having trouble.

5 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.