Odd price problem

There's something odd going on with my pricing. When I'm reviewing my inventory through my "Shop Manager" – "Listings", I see the actual price that I assigned to the item when I created the listing. But, when I log completely out of my store/account and view my inventory by doing a search (as if I'm a random person searching for product), my items show up but some of the prices are higher. For instance, I have an item priced at $50. It's accurate through my "Shop Manager-Listings". When I log out and look for that same item via a search, the price listed is $60. I even went back into my Shop Manager and tried to do a manual overwrite of the price but Etsy won't accept it if I'm not changing it to something different. How is that possible? How is Etsy able to tack on $5-$10 more but only on random items? I feel like this could be affecting my sales since this is the price that a potential buyer sees instead of the price it actually is. ~confused~

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
50 Replies
ChillwolfArt
Conversation Maker

Re: Odd price problem

I've seen some recent Threads about this.  From what others are saying, t looks like a test on some but not all listings.  Where it includes the shipping price into the item price.  Which makes no sense to me; if the shipping is indeed separate from the item price, it should be shown as such and not wrapped into one price.  And you're right, you don't know who is viewing what, as part of this test.

Let me see if I can find the other Thread about this.

3 Likes
ChillwolfArt
Conversation Maker

2 Likes

It did this to me a couple days ago.  The next day the prices showed up as my normal prices.  

1 Like
Jewels2at
Community Maker

If this is the case...what online venue does this? 

Is Etsy going to have prices set for every location?

5 Likes
LandKbeads
Conversation Maker

OMG I can see it too and I'm logged in!

It's $60 on your shop page but once I click into the listing the price is $50 with free shipping.

What the heck is going on????? I'd open a ticket with Etsy, this is nuts.

3 Likes

This thread - https://community.etsy.com/t5/Managing-Your-Shop/pricing-changes-and-sold-listing-views/m-p/14210032...

and as @ChillwolfArt there are other threads too.

I have no idea what's going on. It would be rather disturbing to have Etsy suddenly be including the price of shipping in with the item.
Right now, when it comes to calculating a shop's sales to if they've reached that "magic" $10K in sales to force enrollment in the offsite ad program, they exclude the cost of shipping & taxes. 

I'm not sure I'd trust Etsy to separate the two costs - back to the way the shop started the listing - when totaling the shop's gross sales. There are enough other glitches that seem to arise from "unrelated changes" they've made in the past & that it would to be ripe for a problem. 

3 Likes
ChillwolfArt
Conversation Maker

@JMOldeVintage   Agree, as a buyer I would find this disturbing as well.  It does not accurately depict the "item" price in search results, when it is including the shipping price with it.

ETA:  In the Thread you provided a link to, another Seller said it goes back to the correct price if you edit the listing and re-enter the listing price.  But who the heck has time to go through all of their listings (on those which are affected).  This is a ridiculous test.

3 Likes

I tried editing the price and it didn't change the listing I'm looking at with the wrong price.  This is so strange....it's only on one of my listings that I can see so far.  This is actually starting to make me really angry.

0 Likes
LandKbeads
Conversation Maker

And yet, it's not ALL of OPs prices that are wrong. Just some. And since OP has free shipping it's not that Etsy has added shipping to the price.

3 Likes

Then there's this thread - https://community.etsy.com/t5/Managing-Your-Shop/Everywhere-Else-What-does-that-mean/td-p/141869942

USA shops seeing "everywhere else" on listings. It doesn't happen all the time, it comes & goes. 
I really get the feeling Etsy is making changes that have yet to be announced.
In the meantime, everyone will see some odd things that possibly even Etsy can't explain why it happened?

3 Likes

@JMOldeVintage 
The thread you shared about having a different price for everywhere else got me thinking.
Every odd price I have examined from the forum reports has been an exact percentage higher than the correct price - either 23, 21, 20 or 19%.

At the moment non US sellers can only enter a currency value for everywhere else on the listing form. Maybe they are planning to add a percentage field as well.

Whatever the reason, they should NOT be testing it on live shops.

3 Likes

@JMOldeVintage 

This is interesting. A report from a UK seller that their Everywhere Else price is changing to their domestic price without their intervention.
https://community.etsy.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Everywhere-else-price-keeps-changing-to-Domestic-pric...

1 Like
LandKbeads
Conversation Maker

@TrollDollTreasures  This is the listing I'm seeing with the wrong price: https://www.etsy.com/listing/1383903384

Try changing the price to $49.99 to see if it corrects itself. Just a thought.

1 Like

The $50 is actually the correct price. Prior to me going in and out of the listing and making the edits that I just now did, the price kept showing up at $60.

0 Likes

Didn't Etsy do a similar test 3-4 years ago?

I seem to remember prices showing up on the search pages that "included" the shipping cost so it made the items look overpriced and be odd amounts because shipping was included.

I know Etsy has brought back useless tests at times in the past.

2 Likes

That would make sense but I have free shipping (cost factored into price).

0 Likes
SugarTaffySoap
Conversation Maker

@TrollDollTreasures    Algorithm gone wild... my shipping cost wasn't included in my price.. $9.95 item showed as $12.04. 

Was the listing with the higher price a duplicate listing?

If you tell us what product it is we can do a search for you to let you know what we see.

1 Like

TrollDollTreasures

I had this same problem a couple of days ago. About a dozen of my 400 listings had odd prices with pence on the end as that was the only way i noticed them. They were all higher than my correct price which excludes postage as this is extra. I tried to ascertain how the price was made up with no joy as it was even higher than the correct price plus postage. I got on the chat line to etsy but he wanted screenshots of all of them so i did not bother.

What i did for each one was to do an EDIT of the listing WITH NO CHANGES and just hit the listing button. When returned to those listings things did not change but once i signed out and signed in fresh they had all come back to their correct prices.

3 Likes

I literally made NO changes to pricing on any of my items, and now 2 of my items have increased in price. Don't understand what's going on.

1 Like

This glitch is not a test with shipping costs being added to the price.

The prices being randomly increased do not add up to price plus shipping.

They are odd amounts.

In the troll example given above, the price on the listing is $50, with shipping included. But the price showing on the shop page is $60, with shipping included.

I had three items showing odd, higher prices in my shop. The higher price did not in anyway add up to the price of the item with shipping added.

I did as suggested in the other thread - changed my price up or down a dollar, and then put them back to the correct price, and no issues since then.

Deactivating and then reactivating has been reported to fix the issue, too.

4 Likes

This is insane though right?  And i tried adjusting mine and it didn't work to fix it.  WTH

0 Likes

Came here to report the same issue. I don't charge shipping to my customers (so this can't be a test where the shipping price is added and the total is shown). A lot of my listings are showing as random amounts (an $88.00 item is now listed as $105.60). When I click the listing, it shows the correct amount, but on my shop page and in search its showing a completely random price that I didn't set the item to. Hoping this gets fixed soon! 

2 Likes

@NoteworthyGarments It looks like they are adding an even percentage to the price. In your case it is exactly 20%.

1 Like

I just did a search for Treasure Troll with Wishtone, and the orange juice troll shows in search at the higher price of $60, but shows up as $50 when clicking on her.

https://www.etsy.com/search?q=Treasure%20Troll%20with%20Wishstone%20&ref=search_bar

1 Like
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.