There's something odd going on with my pricing. When I'm reviewing my inventory through my "Shop Manager" – "Listings", I see the actual price that I assigned to the item when I created the listing. But, when I log completely out of my store/account and view my inventory by doing a search (as if I'm a random person searching for product), my items show up but some of the prices are higher. For instance, I have an item priced at $50. It's accurate through my "Shop Manager-Listings". When I log out and look for that same item via a search, the price listed is $60. I even went back into my Shop Manager and tried to do a manual overwrite of the price but Etsy won't accept it if I'm not changing it to something different. How is that possible? How is Etsy able to tack on $5-$10 more but only on random items? I feel like this could be affecting my sales since this is the price that a potential buyer sees instead of the price it actually is. ~confused~

Re: Odd price problem

Thanks for the follow-up. I was starting to think maybe it was just my searches that this happened on. While I'm glad the click-on shows the lower price, I'm not sure a potential buyer wouldn't just pass her up because of the $60 price. No matter how much I try to dissect what's going on, I can't find any rationale to explain the pricing. Nothing makes any sense.

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
1 Like

If they are testing something there is surely a bug in the code.

2 Likes

Someone suggested it would perhaps be a sneaky way of excluding listings if buyers filtered by certain price amounts.

Sounds a bit far-fetched, but ?

2 Likes
TheHomespunLoft
Conversation Maker

It is happening to my shop too.. not all my listings so I would think if it was a test then all my listings would be affected. And it is not the item and shipping price.. it is just random numbers put into the listing. Very annoying. will contact help desk on this.

2 Likes

P.S. I have free shipping so Etsy adding a shipping cost shouldn't change the price of any of my listings.

1 Like

Someone in another thread added this - 

"When I right click > inspect, to view the html, I see "listing-card-experimental-style", which could mean that Etsy is running a test with how listing cards are displayed."

I'm not really sure what "listing cards" are. When I went to edit the listings by re-inputting the original prices Etsy wouldn't let me save the listings because I didn't actually change the price...I just removed it and put back in what it originally was. I'll go back in and up the price by $.01, save and see if that fixes things.

0 Likes

It looks like you fixed it, as I now see the price correctly as $50 in your shop, and $50 in Etsy search.

1 Like
LandKbeads
Conversation Maker

@TrollDollTreasures  "Listing card" is what Etsy calls your item when it's displayed on your page or within a search.

This is what Etsy would call a "Test". Someone has changed some code to see if they can. Eventually it will go back to what it was, or at this point, it looks like your listing is no longer in the test. Such an odd test.

1 Like

I went in to my listing and edited the description slightly. I added $.01 to the price and saved. I did the broad search and it reflected the additional $.01 add-on. I then went back into my Shop Manager and changed the price back to its original and saved. Now all of my prices are back to where they should be. BUT...will they stay that way or will Etsy revert them back? Or will others get randomly changed? It looks like I'll have to keep an eye on things over the next few days. I have a very small store so making my fix was easy. I can't imagine someone with a mega store having to do that. What was Etsy thinking?

0 Likes

FYI: Some of my other listings are now starting to flip to odd pricing...just within the last hour. Now that I know the fix, I'll have to watch each listing and correct the price as Etsy changes it.

0 Likes

@DaysofYoreTreasures  - Prices increasing by a specific percentage is interesting. That it's puzzling doesn't take away the sheer frustration that the OP & others are having to deal with. The work-around may work, but only for a short time? While it might be a minor inconvenience for some shops, when a buyer should see a price of $90.00, but it's displayed at over $100.00, could make all the difference in the world when it comes to their ability or desire to purchase the item.

Then when you add in all the other "features" or "programs" dependent on sale $$ totals - off site ads, protection - it could get scary out there.

If this is a test, let's hope they cancel it quickly. If this snafu is the result of something coming in the future, hopefully they can track down the error(s) made and make changes now. 

0 Likes

@JMOldeVintage I could not agree more. It is appalling to think that Etsy might be testing something like this on live shops.

For those who are experiencing the problem, hopefully this link will allow you to send an email to Etsy
https://help.etsy.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?segment=selling#issue_update_account_email-contact_selec...
When you get the first response with links to help articles, please reply that it does not solve your problem.

Do not start any more new emails. Keep going with the first one. It should have created a ticket that you can follow and respond to here
https://help.etsy.com/hc/en-us/requests?segment=selling

Edited to add: Be specific. Provide listing details and attach screenshots.

1 Like

This is the exact price change on one of mine, it was set to $90 and it showing up as $100.

This is nuts.  I tried changing it by $2 and the change did not help. 

Even if it did, I can not spend my day monitoring over 200 listings?

0 Likes

@TrollDollTreasures 

One of my listings that I was able to fix the other day, has reverted back to its odd pricing.

It's an antique children's book. Price is showing as $43.40, instead of $36.00.

The other two listings that I had to adjust the other day have not reverted back to the odd price, just this one book listing.

I'm leaving it alone for a bit, to see what happens.

This is ridiculous.

0 Likes

I don't think it is shipping including. It is happening in my shop as well. I sell all of my one inch medals for $1.55, the shipping is $4.50 so the total would be $6.05 but that's not what I'm seeing... a bunch of my $1.55 medals are showing up on my main shop page and in search as $1.86 which makes no sense at all, where are they pulling that number from? It can't be tax because that is different per state/country. It's annoying because these medals are now showing as higher priced than my competition. If you click on the listing, the price is correct but how many are skimming over mine to look at the cheaper listed ones in search.

1 Like

It's happening to me, too.  Just a few listings that I've seen, and they're all older listings.  I noticed because the price is going to odd pence numbers when my other prices are all to the nearest £.  It's NOT adding in shipping cost.  

It seems fixable by editing the listings, I just put the correct price in again.  But I don't have time to keep an eye on 700 listings and individually edit any that Etsy are messing with.  I'd rather they just left my prices as I set them, thanks.

0 Likes

It's not easy to keep an eye on that many listings, but try to keep an eye on the ones you had to change.

I had one revert back to the odd price, after I got it to show the correct price for a day.

0 Likes

I haven't got time for that either!  I'd rather Etsy just left my prices alone tbh.  I've sent them an email about it but not holding out much hope for an answer.

I wonder how many sellers this is affecting who haven't noticed?  

0 Likes

I looked on my tablet, and the price shows correctly for my book, when viewing on the shop page.

It still is showing incorrectly when looking at it on my desktop.

0 Likes

I have opened a ticket as well.  I edited the few incorrect listing and it seemed to fix itself.

1 Like

I have the issue as well only on one listing which is a featured listing desktop viewing (the same listing then shows normal when scrolling down) I just got off chat and they will send it onward to tech. After Etsy chat I went into the listing to see if anything was off and nope clicked publish it and it now looks "normal". So screwy! I have had so many glitches over the last two years it is downright uninspiring.

0 Likes

Ugh! I just noticed this today because I had to do an incognito search for something else so I decided to search "wine box". My best seller is showing $12.35 higher on the search results page ($77.35), than the price it actually is in my shop. When you click on the item it shows its regular price. The higher price can't be including shipping because in incognito, there is no location data (or so I thought) plus my items are set to calculated shipping so what shipping price is it choosing? To ship within my state? The east coast? West Coast? or Alaska or Hawaii? Seriously WTF, etsy?!

ETA: I just went and changed my pricing on that item to $64.99 and now it is showing correctly in search. Assuming it won't last, but for now it is appearing normally. I do wonder how long it has been like this though since I haven't search for any of my items in a really, really long time.

0 Likes

@arrowsarah, 3 of my listings were in this test (at least I presumed it to be a test) several weeks ago.  The increased prices displayed on mine were all a percentage add-on (19, 20 or 21%) to the actual price.

A temporary fix was to edit the listing and re-publish; you don't actually need to change anything, just re-save the listing, and the price went back to normal.  Try that, it may still work.

1 Like

@BlackSheepDyeworks  Thank you! I actually just edited my post - I changed it to $64.99 and it stuck. Is there an easy way to see what listings this idiotic "test" is affecting? I don't want to go and re-save all of my listings but maybe I can do a blanket edit to decrease all prices by .1

0 Likes

@arrowsarah, another seller suggested sorting your listings (from your shop home page) by price to spot the inflated prices - listings are still sorted by actual price, so one with an increase will stand out, by appearing as if it's sorted incorrectly.

I left 2 of my listings with inflated prices displayed, and they returned to normal after about 10 days, if I remember correctly.  I was also only seeing the inflated prices in one browser, so kept checking periodically in that one.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.