So it has been going on since Monday and I think we deserve some answers after this many days since the pinned thread has not a single update.

Any tracking manually entered or entered through a third party shipping service is only showing Pre-Transit.  I am currently up to over 75 now.

This is effecting star seller status.  Will this be addressed?

Do I have to contact Etsy support and give every single one of the over 75 order numbers to get this fixed or will the fix when it is implemented update all the tracking numbers?

It won't be long until my customers start to contact me asking what is going on with their packages and it's not a good look for my shop, or Etsy

Re: Admin I would like answers on Pre-Transit issues

Jump to solution

Feedback is another layer of the problem. If a package is delivered but still shows as “in transit” the customer cannot leave feedback. I purchased something, it was delivered to me just fine but the package is still saying it is in transit so I cannot leave feedback for this wonderful, deserving seller. I even had the post office scan the label as delivered and it is still showing as “in transit.” I don’t have words. 

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
2 Likes

Jump to solution

My Tuesday Canada Post shipments (updated by Shippo) showed as pre-transit Wednesday, but are now showing in transit, and did not hurt my Star Seller shipping average. 

It's very odd how there is no clear pattern to who is affected. 

3 Likes

Jump to solution

My shipping percentage is now down to 90% due to this Etsy bug.   And now shops are saying they are being put on reserve for their shipping percentage going down.  I’m a bit scared of the consequences of this now before it’s fixed because we all know Etsy isn’t exactly quick with them.   Then when we lose our star seller due to this, we lose chat too.  

1 Like
leinweberstudio
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

And now shops are saying they are being put on reserve for their shipping percentage going down.

Isn't it funny how all of this is working out.

4 Likes

Jump to solution

@FreshLemonBlossoms  can you post links to that if you have any? I was wondering why that wasn't happening, but apparently I just missed it. 

0 Likes
ChillwolfArt
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

@FreshLemonBlossoms   That is inexcusable!  Through no fault of the Seller.

1 Like

Jump to solution

@cindylouwho2  

https://community.etsy.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Funds-held-in-reserve-Star-Seller-technical-issues/m-...

I know I read another one too, but I think it was in one of the longer posts going on.  Trying to find it again. 

1 Like

Jump to solution

@FreshLemonBlossoms thanks! That one could be because they are a newer shop - hard to say. 

0 Likes

Jump to solution

@cindylouwho2  I know I saw another one earlier in the day yesterday.  I thought it was in one of the 3 or 4 longer threads I was reading throughout the day. I remember them saying they had gone under the 90% mark for shipping due to this (I think it was like 88% they mentioned) and they were put on reserve.  I did click on the shop to see their location (it was US), but had the thought it could possibly be something else that triggered it.  

Then later in the day, I saw the second thread I linked you too which was practically the same situation I had read earlier.  Since I am now teetering on the 90% edge, I was totally freaked out last night after reading those 2 threads yesterday.  

I really hope they aren't connected to this bug, but I also don't trust that it isn't.  

Now reading this morning: Chat is fixing it. Chat isn't fixing it.  Chat says to wait. Chat says star seller can never be reversed.  Chat won't do anything.  

I'm just trying to figure out my next steps now. 

2 Likes

Jump to solution

@FreshLemonBlossoms my shipping percentage only hit an all-time high of 90% in the last week, and I have never been on reserve. It's been lower than 70% in the past. 

I suppose the other threads you mention could be a change in patterns that is triggering the reserve, not the actual percentage itself. 

0 Likes
voodookittys
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

I’m currently at 4 orders that say no tracking when tracking is clearly there. Not cool!

1 Like

Jump to solution

I am so angry about this ... 100% of my shipments the past 3 days are showing as not shipped on time in the star seller CSV, although 100% have been marked as shipped correctly, on time, the same way I've been doing it for years.  All have been scanned correctly by USPS, and are either in transit or delivered.  Although this has been happening to me for some of my orders since Sep, it would auto-correct itself in the star seller rating the next night, after the shipping status was re-read.  This is no longer auto-correcting, and my star seller rating is dropping like a rock.

I used to be able to fix the erroneous 'pre-transits' myself, by editing the tracking number - I didn't actually change anything, just clicked edit, then save.  This seemed to trigger a re-read, and the status would update, without needing to waste time contacting Etsy support.  Starting this week, I now get an error message saying 'the tracking number is already in use for this order', and the status no longer updates.

It's not star seller I'm concerned about per-se, it's just the easiest way to see the problem.  But I *am* concerned about the risk this now exposes me to, if a buyer were to open a case.  The bots would happily refund immediately, as they would see I hadn't shipped on time.

I refuse to waste time with Etsy support.  The last time I sent them a list of about 15 order numbers to fix, it took me a couple hours to have them resolve.  I just don't have the time and patience for this anymore.

I agree with @PrettyVagrant , an update on this issue is overdue.

16 Likes

Jump to solution

I just spent more than 45 minutes on live chat.  25 orders that I shipped on March 3 were still showing as "Pre-Transit" on Etsy, while USPS tracking showed all of them as "Delivered".  The CSR asked me to provide every single order number to her whereupon she manually refreshed each one to reflect the USPS updates for tracking.  Within minutes all of the orders updated to "Delivered".

My star seller for shipping went down to 99% (it's been at 100% since inception) and she said the correction would be reflected in about 24 hours.  Honestly, the SSB has never really been a priority to me.  But if I'm going to lose status, I'd rather it be because of something I did, not them.

What stunned me a little was the response I received when I asked (repeatedly) if this is something Etsy is actively working on.  Of course I can't repeat exactly what she said, but to paraphrase . . don't worry it doesn't happen often, we're always here to fix things for you if you need it, and this one really gave me pause - Etsy's system can stop checking tracking from carriers if there's inactivity.  Inactivity?  They were packed/shipped/scanned and delivered within a 7 day period.

When I mentioned that I've read several sellers are experiencing the same problem, again the response was more or less yes, we know and we can always change it for you if you just ask.  This shouldn't be the case.  Clearly the site is not updating or refreshing the tracking as it should be.

ETA:  I ship only using Etsy labels, and only within the U.S.

12 Likes

Jump to solution

Chat told me yesterday that they were told not to update any tracking info while the investigation is going on, but I don't have hours to spend getting all this information.  I personally have almost 70 and climbing.  Others have way more than that.  

Chat told me they prioritize site issues, but wouldn't tell me how up on the list this is.  Must not be too high since they have known about it since Monday

1 Like

Jump to solution

@PrettyVagrant

I felt like I was making a big deal out of nothing ~ at least that's how she made it sound.  I kept two windows open switching back and forth to type in all of the pre-transit order numbers to her like I was playing beat the clock.

While I'm content she was able to update them for me, I have no sense of relief that the problem is near being settled.  I hope I'm wrong.

0 Likes
LanaLuckyFinds
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

@PrettyVagrant

I got exactly the same reply yesterday. 

0 Likes

Jump to solution

I’ve asked them on chat twice to fix it and they haven’t.

0 Likes
CordiaDesigns
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

Is it a coincidence that I haven't received any new orders and the last four orders that I had all say "pre-transit" still even though they have all been delivered?? Is my shop being suppressed because Etsy thinks I haven't taken any of these orders to the post office yet?

2 Likes

Jump to solution

I wondered the same thing.  My orders picked back up when I started shipping through Etsy.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

I am having the same issue with the pre transit crap.  And like everybody else here, Etsy can't be bothered with either fixing the problem or at least responding to our issue.  Etsy doesn't follow the same standard that we sellers are expected to follow as far as responding to their customer concerns and problems.  We are Etsy customers and deserve the same common curtesy that we sellers give our customers.  I have 7 orders showing pre transit...6 out of the 7 have already been delivered, while my funds are being held in reserve as though I didn't ship them.  I think its time for me to find another platform to sell on.  Hopefully a different platform will have customer service that can actually be accessed by their customers. 

5 Likes

Jump to solution

I feel the exact same way.  

0 Likes

Jump to solution

I've requested numerous call backs, but no one will call me.  I've also been on chat with Etsy twice.  Yesterday, they said my issue was escalated and I would receive an email from them.  I haven't.  So, just now, I have emailed them proof of shipment.  Hopefully they will get this resolved soon.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Have you tried chat? They can't ignore you there.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Sorry, I misread your post. I got the same answer from chat.

1 Like

Jump to solution

I decided to do a chat, since I now have 13 of these (11 delivered and 2 in transit) and it's bumped me below 95%...
My very nice chat agent could see that the correct status wasn't showing, but wasn't able to change anything on their end. They've passed it to a team which will get back to me by email. I did ask for a ticket number, and got one.

I do use Pirate Ship, with the integration, but that cannot be the issue. About half of my shipments (also shipped the same way) are tracking as normal. I can't see any way these ones are different -- they're spread out over different dates too.

2 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.