cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Admin I would like answers on Pre-Transit issues

Jump to solution

So it has been going on since Monday and I think we deserve some answers after this many days since the pinned thread has not a single update.

Any tracking manually entered or entered through a third party shipping service is only showing Pre-Transit.  I am currently up to over 75 now.

This is effecting star seller status.  Will this be addressed?

Do I have to contact Etsy support and give every single one of the over 75 order numbers to get this fixed or will the fix when it is implemented update all the tracking numbers?

It won't be long until my customers start to contact me asking what is going on with their packages and it's not a good look for my shop, or Etsy

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
79 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Admin I would like answers on Pre-Transit issues

Jump to solution
5 Likes
531 Replies

Jump to solution

I have many orders that were delivered, per the USPS site, still saying pre-transit on Etsy.  My SS shipping still says 100%.  I don't have PS integrated, though, so maybe that's an additional problem.

If any Buyers message you about it, tell them it's an Etsy glitch, and to follow the tracking on the USPS site.  I always check the tracking there, to see if there are any delays, so I am aware of any issues.

I'm worried about the Etsy automated messages the  Buyers may be getting - probably late, if / when this gets fixed.

15 Likes

Jump to solution

It is also happening if you manually enter the tracking number, so it is not just Pirate Ship.  It is on Etsy's end

22 Likes
FrameTowne
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

Integrated shipping on PS is so easy, much easier than manually entering everything.  I have been using it for nearly everything.

6 Likes

Jump to solution

@FrameTowne I do use PS with integrated shipping.  But it happens if you manually enter tracking number too.  I manually add tracking numbers if I combine shipping for multiple orders from the same customer.

9 Likes

Jump to solution

@PillowDetails 

Same. My packages are all showing Pre Transit but my SS is still updating fine. I am integrated with Canada Post.

0 Likes
OneEyeCatStudio
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

I took my package to the post office and got a receipt. So, yes, manally entered, but no other site involved.

It still showed Pre-transit on Etsy even though it was correct on the USPS site. It has corrected itself today.

1 Like
TheHomespunLoft
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

@PillowDetails 

Integration is not the problem. I am not integrated at all. I had a few that this happened to.. and it is not only Etsy that it is happening to.

I ended up doing Chat on this past Monday and getting my acct situated.

2 Likes

Jump to solution
1 Like

Jump to solution

no updates since that was posted on Monday.  It is now Thursday

10 Likes

Jump to solution

Good to know they're getting right on it! lol

10 Likes
digitaldoodlebug
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

I don't think etsy ever gets back fast. But it's not all shipping. My shipstation orders are showing just fine. 

1 Like
bradgoodell
Community Maker

Jump to solution

My PirateShip labels were showing fine, until today. Now one shows "no tracking", even though the tracking is clearly there.  All the other labels bought at the same time show tracking.  

It's some weird Etsy glitch, and it's annoying when it happens to you.  

4 Likes
2TrickPony
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

just checked. Most of my ship station orders look good, but several have "pre-transit" and then under that, tracking info. LOL pretty stupid looking. 

1 Like

Jump to solution

It is, in fact, impacting the shipping scores in shops.  Not all for some strange reason, but I don't apply logic to etsy issues.  I personally got a call back on the problem and was told the shipments affected would be updated.  They were NOT.  It was going on for a while before any word about an investigation and here we are still experiencing this.  It is an etsy issue and it is not being fixed.  No excuses accepted at this point

36 Likes
bradgoodell
Community Maker

Jump to solution

Agreed.

2 Likes

Jump to solution

This probably explains why lately when I log into Pirate Ship I get a message that my Etsy information isn't current and to hit the Refresh button. The week prior my Etsy orders didn't import over at all, I contacted Pirate Ship and they told me to disconnect then reconnect my shop to fix the issue. 

9 Likes

Jump to solution

I did that too.  Some of my orders were fine, then suddenly showed pre transit.  Mine go back to the 28th

1 Like

Jump to solution

Same with me.  My last package sent after I refreshed still shows pre-transit on Etsy even though it's been delivered. 

Tracking number shows on completed sale page. 

This knocked my ss down to 99%.

2 Likes

Jump to solution

I tried that too and it didn’t work.

1 Like
IWishYouWood22
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

We’re having this same issue in our shop and we use PS as well. All of our orders clearly have tracking, but our Star Seller score is steadily dropping and according to Etsy we have 8 orders without tracking. It’s incredibly frustrating and I hope they find a solution quickly. 

According to support they can’t manually adjust the Star Seller badges so how is this supposed to be fixed? 

10 Likes

Jump to solution

They are not doing it quickly, so you'll have to contact support and have them manually switch them back for you. Go through support chat on your dashboard, it was really quick and easy. Just have all of your order #'s available.

3 Likes

Jump to solution

You have to contact etsy support to have them manually go in and check them all to confirm that they have been delivered and then they'll switch them all from Pre-transit to Delivered on their end. In your dashboard you'll find a chat bubble during their hours at the bottom right of your screen. I just had them fix all of mine that were stuck like that.

3 Likes
bradgoodell
Community Maker

Jump to solution

I realize that is a "fix".

What bugs me is this is an Etsy issue.  Meaning, Etsy screwed something up across the board.

If we all use Chat to fix it, it ties up Chat.  Then people who have bigger problems don't get served.  

21 Likes

Jump to solution

@bradgoodellYes, you are correct. But based on the posts they are either taking their time fixing it on their end or they've stopped it from happening any more but are not going back and fixing the old ones. So sadly, like always, it's up to us. Just wait for the posts next month for those who don't even realize that they have orders stuck and they lose their star badge. I asked a few times to support if it affects badges and they deflected, so I am going to say they don't know or that yes, it does.

6 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.