So it has been going on since Monday and I think we deserve some answers after this many days since the pinned thread has not a single update.

Any tracking manually entered or entered through a third party shipping service is only showing Pre-Transit.  I am currently up to over 75 now.

This is effecting star seller status.  Will this be addressed?

Do I have to contact Etsy support and give every single one of the over 75 order numbers to get this fixed or will the fix when it is implemented update all the tracking numbers?

It won't be long until my customers start to contact me asking what is going on with their packages and it's not a good look for my shop, or Etsy

GielDesigns
Conversation Maker

Re: Admin I would like answers on Pre-Transit issues

Jump to solution

@fabricfetish  Thanks for that info. I was wondering if their manual fix would correct the star seller. Mine dropped from 100% to 92%. If it doesn't update soon, I'll have to contact them.

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes

Jump to solution

@fabricfetish 

I was just told this when I contacted chat 

"We have tools to manually marked the order as delivered here on our end however we are advice to not take further action first while the engineering team is still investigating on the issue, Ann"

3 Likes

Jump to solution

To answer your question... yes, it is affecting SS! If you click on SS on your dashboard, it will show where your shop is for April and will tell you that shipping is "not quit making it" :-(!!!

2 Likes

Jump to solution

I am on with Etsy now and they are not fixing the issue. I shipped an intl order using Pirate Ship. It still shows pre-transit. The order was delivered on time. We are being penalized on Star Seller for not using Etsy labels.

2 Likes
SugarTaffySoap
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

@fabricfetish hmm, just curious. Do you use etsy labels?

0 Likes
fabricfetish
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

I do not however as @Hertfordweaver said above they are using etsy labels and are still having the same issue. 

1 Like

Jump to solution

It's a joke. I use a mix of Etsy labels and my own (post office/couriers) and I'm having the same issue with Etsy labels tracking, that isn't updating either. 

0 Likes
djndesignstudio
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

We ship USPS only through ETSY (no third-party shipping). Our shipping labels that printed on 3/1 and 3/3 (nothing shipped on 3/2) show Pre-Transit on ETSY tracking. All are getting tracking updates through USPS and most have been delivered. So, it's definitely an ETSY issue. Our smooth shipping Star Seller badge won't be affected by this issue because a tracking number is present for all orders.

3 Likes

Jump to solution

It takes longer than a couple of days to find out the problem.  Sometimes it is like looking for a needle in a haystack.  Give them more time.  Etsy does not take the time to update what is happening because it takes away from actually getting the job done.  We've experienced such items before and it takes time.  Time to fix.

Even out in the other world, such problems take time to fix.   Even when it is more crucial than shipping on Etsy. 

It is frustrating as he double toothpicks but my experience has been you only frustrate yourself until you can't function.  Been there done that.   

1 Like
dorothydomingo
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

Do you have inside knowledge that it takes more than a couple days to identify the problem? Since you don't actually work for Etsy, you have no information on how complicated the problem is, or how long it takes to fix. You have no proof they are actually even working on it.

What affected sellers need is an update from Etsy, not "keep calm and carry on" pablum. Our frustration doesn't prevent us from functioning, thanks very much.

26 Likes

Jump to solution

What I wonder is how do other sites that have issues (like Pirate Ship for example) manage to get an issue fixed within a few hours (or less) or at least no longer than 1 day?

4 days to fix an obvious glitch on any site IMO is unacceptable. 

12 Likes
PWOriginals
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

I use Etsy labels and have just one order from 3/1 that has been delivered but still shows pre-transit on Etsy. All orders prior and since have tracking, including day before and day after. But, it has not affected my SS stats at all and doesn't show as late anywhere. I'm not going to bug Chat as others are having a much bigger problem than I.

1 Like
dorothydomingo
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

This happened to three of my orders and I buy my labels thru Etsy, so it's not just those entering tracking numbers manually or purchasing thru Pirate Ship.

My most recent order did update and now shows as delivered, but the previous 2 orders that were delivered as shown on USPS site are still designated as pre-transit.

It doesn't appear to have affected my star seller so lucky me. But this is a system wide problem on Etsy's end and there has been little communication to affected sellers about the progress in fixing it. It would also be nice to know that they don't intend to let this affect sellers' shipping metrics for what is clearly an internal Etsy glitch.

3 Likes
leinweberstudio
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

Etsy. Where the drama never ends.

8 Likes

Jump to solution

I'm not a techie person by any stretch of the imagination, but maybe Etsy's troubleshooters need to start with any changes they made here?:

"That’s why domestic orders in India will be required to use shipping labels purchased on Etsy starting April 25.* 

If you’re not a seller in India, this doesn’t apply to you and won’t affect your shop or the way you ship your Etsy orders.

Sellers in India can learn more about how to get set up to sell domestically here, including how to sign up to use domestic shipping labels.

*For sellers who created accounts before March 6. If you’re a seller based in India who joined Etsy on or after March 6, you’ll be required to use shipping labels on Etsy for domestic orders on March 6. "

The above is from an Announcement Etsy made on March 6th. Obviously this had to have been in the works prior to the 6th.
And yes, I know this announcement pertains to shops in India. But it also mentions Etsy Labels. And with that goes a host of other things. As a believer in the "snowball theory" - one small thing turning into an avalanche, I at least hope they've checked to be sure they haven't caused issues elsewhere when preparing for this new program. 

5 Likes

Jump to solution

I am a Pirate Ship user and my SS rating IS being affected by this.  I understand that tracking vs no tracking has become a black or white issue for Etsy.  However, in my phone call with support I was informed that they could SEE the tracking even though CSV says there is none and their status says pre-transit.  I thought since they CAN see the tracking is in place it would be a relatively easy fix to say, yes in fact tracking was there.  But, no!  The rep said he would adjust orders that had already delivered but not in transit or out for delivery orders.  So, which is it, tracked and dispatched or is actually delivered the requirement for SS?  He also said be patient for like 48 hours to see SS change.

Meanwhile my shipping rating is 95%.  I can't afford anymore of their screwups. 

5 Likes

Jump to solution

I was 100% because all have tracking numbers.  I am at 89% now and keep falling.  I contacted chat and was told this:

We have tools to manually marked the order as delivered here on our end however we are advice to not take further action first while the engineering team is still investigating on the issue, Ann

1 Like

Jump to solution

My shipping rate is showing as 89% because of this bug. As a low volume shop it only takes a couple orders to bring down my shipping rate.
It's frustrating because I am shipping on time, with tracking numbers, and all the orders are delivered. 

3 Likes
Hertfordweaver
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

I am showing some progress as yesterdays shipping is updated to in-transit, however I sill have older ones, delivered, showing pre-transit, I wonder if other shipping services like Fed-ex and UPS are having the same syncing problem or is it just USPS.

0 Likes
TastefulArtisan
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

16 USPS packages that I shipped yesterday only 2 are showing in-transit but the "pre transit" ones track just fine through USPS website. I used a 50/50 for those labels out of curiosity. The ones from PirateShip show in transit on their website, 1 of the in-transit from yesterday was an Etsy label. 1 was a Pirate Ship label.

It's the communication and seems to be random. So far my SS % remain unaffected but I do ship several days before it's "ship by" date so maybe that is why? Having to play amateur sleuth when it comes to finding and trying to workaround an issue (Etsy caused) is a bit irritating.

All of the FedEx packages shipped this week show in transit or delivered both on Etsy and on FedEx website. I do not know about UPS or if it's even a service offered in Etsy labels. So the communication is working just fine there (for me, individual results may vary)

And yes, I'm very partial to FedEx : ) and not just because they hold my laughable pension. For me, they have been far and above much better, more reliable and better tracking than USPS. 

I don't mind losing the star since it really hasn't helped or hurt but I'd rather lose it because of something I personally did and not over a glitch caused by constant tinkering. In my city, they do work on the freeways overnight on the weekends in 2 mile segments. To avoid traffic interruptions and turning our freeways into parking lots. Etsy should concentrate their meddling to off-peak hours (if possible). Live updates are really, really bad. Schedule it. Announce it and stick to it.

-Maria

0 Likes
BoraBayGifts
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

Same here! 

0 Likes
Hertfordweaver
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

I figure if I lose my shipping star, so will everyone else. Is it at all possible it's a USPS glitch and not just Etsy?

0 Likes
HallelujahTree
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

@Hertfordweaver it's not just USPS.  Here in the UK I've had it happen with DHL.  Seems to be quite random

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Chat told me they have been advised not to go and mark our orders as delivered until they sort out what is going on.

This just makes all of us look bad to our customers, like we printed our labels and didn't drop items in the mail....the old ebay seller trick to buy time.  I will flip my lid even more if this starts to effect my feedback.

4 Likes
fabricfetish
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

100% Agree!

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.