TheraClay
Registered Member

Etsy drafted $395 out of my checking today?

Jump to solution

WT heck is going on? Did Etsy draft this out of my account? It's showing as a positive balance? I really need a response here, Etsy

37 Likes
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Re: Etsy drafted $395 out of my checking today?

Jump to solution

An update on recent issues affecting payment accounts

On Friday, February 15, a bill payment error affected a small group of sellers which resulted in some cards being incorrectly charged. Sellers who were affected have been notified by email, or by Etsy Conversations, and the issue that caused this has since been resolved.

As part of fixing this issue, all incorrectly charged cards have been refunded. It may take several business days for the refunded amounts to clear and settle in card accounts.  Also related to fixing the root problem, some sellers saw their scheduled deposit of funds returned to Etsy on Friday, February 15, and those deposits will now be sent on Tuesday, February 19.

For affected sellers, we are very sorry for the trouble or concern this may have caused. Our first priority has been to correct the issue. This was not a fraud issue, but instead an error related to a site change which affects a small group of sellers and is unrelated to buyers' purchases.

This is an issue we do not take lightly. We’ve assembled a Payments task force, including senior executives across Etsy, to address any concerns or troubles resulting from this error. We will refund any undue fees associated with this incorrect charge and change in deposit schedule. We don’t expect this error to impact additional sellers going forward.

34 Likes

Jump to solution

Hello everyone,

We’ve shared an update with details on the recent bill payment error in the Announcements section. You can read more about it here: https://community.etsy.com/t5/Announcements/More-information-on-recent-bill-payment-error/m-p/125344... 

We’ll also be un-pining this thread from the top of Bugs, but it will remain open for discussion. Please note we will not be issuing further updates in this thread.

Thank you

1 Like
3,652 Replies
cottageprims
Registered Member

Jump to solution

Happening to me too.Contacted etsy but they want to email. Come on have we been hacked?

15 Likes
lovestrucksoul
Registered Member

Jump to solution

My bank just cancelled my card bc Etsy tried to take over $5000 this morning :( I’m standing in the store unable to make a purchase for a crying 5 year old, wth???

97 Likes
AlinasUniqueboutique
Registered Member

Jump to solution

The one thing I find disturbing is that it’s so hard to find someone to talk to like Etsy customer service Numbers... Are accounts being hacked? I’m a little concerned with posting another item because I don’t want to get paid and then all my money is gone that I receive from buyer? 

35 Likes
LoisBoutique
Registered Member

Jump to solution

I just noticed an unauthorized charge from etsy.com for 31.65 on Feb. 20.  It indicated it was for merchandise, but I haven't ordered anything.

After trying to get some answers, on chat, they told me someone would email me about the charge.  Still haven't had an email aboout it.  I'm thinkig someone used my charge number to buy something.  Still waiting to get an email.

2 Likes
buffalogirls
Registered Member

Jump to solution

Can anyone tell me how would i find out if Etsy withdraw money from my credit card or bank account? Does it show on the Etsy statement? Thank you.

1 Like
CountryDreaming
Registered Member

Jump to solution

@buffalogirls 

... What I did was to physically walk into my bank to verify my checking account and move most of my money from the checking account to a money market account. I also called my credit card company and reviewed the recent charges on my card. Fortunately, all was well. Since then, I've deactivated all my listings. I also am watching my Etsy account.

4 Likes
StuffedBras
Registered Member

Jump to solution

Me Too.  Etsy just charge my CC for $344.46 and I already had a postive balance.   Now my Balance is showing higher balance by adding what they just charged. 

Why doesn't etsy have a email support or phone number to get answers?

37 Likes
DarolsDivineDesigns
Registered Member

Jump to solution

Agree!!  My card was hit with $788 +today. We are unable to talk to a live person!  I am rethinking having a shop with Etsy.  Completely unacceptable!

60 Likes
SimplyAffinity
Registered Member

Jump to solution

@DarolsDivineDesignsI was also charged $788.42 on my CC. I have been trying to figure out if the charges made any sense. Some have had over $5000 taken. This is absolutely unacceptable! I opened a Shopify shop in August, and I highly recommend it! I don't trust Etsy.

Even if they are planning to refund our accounts through Etsy Payment Accounts, OUR money is still THEIR money for the time being. They charged my CC, yet they want to refund me through my Etsy Payment Account. I don't even have access to that money until it is finally deposited into my bank account (Monday is also a federal holiday). For the time being, this is a pending charge on my CC, and they SHOULD be refunding or stopping these transactions before even have the chance to go through, instead of refunding us through our payment accounts. 

In the meantime, if something happens to one of our shop owner's or their families, and they need money, they have these ridiculous charges on their credit and debit cards, or bank accounts. Some are having to pay overdraft fees, and interest on these charges to their CC's. I don't understand how this isn't on the news right now, and why Etsy isn't doing ANYTHING about this. This is hundreds of thousands of dollars that we are talking about, maybe more.

79 Likes
jlyndesigns
Registered Member

Jump to solution

This is exactly the kind of thing I imagined when I refused to link a bank account to my shop. So happy I decided to close over this issue. I never had an issue like this with Pay Pal and I've been with them 16 years.

60 Likes
AlinasUniqueboutique
Registered Member

Jump to solution

Yes I have the same question that part is making me mad and I don’t find this Professional in fact I don’t feel too safe to do business on Etsy

17 Likes
MagicMixes
Registered Member

Jump to solution

To change to Etsy payments instead of only Paypal... Paypal have telephone support, and don’t usually steal from their customers,This might explain why Etsy forced every

22 Likes
BedazzledWitchery
Registered Member

Jump to solution

I agree. I find it pretty disgusting Etsy that you continue to charge sellers higher and higher fees for ZERO customer service. We as sellers should have an email support/customer service phone number/chat dialogue. I have been on Etsy for five years, but I am seriously thinking of closing my shop and going to another webhosting/online shop.

56 Likes
ApparelArtbyMare
Registered Member

Jump to solution

Same here. $1266+ was taken. I am definitely concerned. Supposedly I will receive a deposit from them which I should use to pay the debt  which is charged on my cc and pending. With banks being closed on Monday this creates a delay of an additional day for the weekend to make sure it is resolved. Very uneasy. I've had alot of success with Etsy for the past 10 years or so but this has truly made me hesitate and wonder what is going on. 

20 Likes
DannysAttic2
Registered Member

Jump to solution

Just like ebay was forced to establish customer service numbers after a class action lawsuit, etsy will have to do the same soon enough. I messaged them thre months ago for a call back and I'm still waiting.  I hope your issue gets resolved quickly along with everyone else tht was effected.

24 Likes
aosLeather
Registered Member

Jump to solution

This is the essential question.

Etsy handles our money - obviously they are capable of mishandling our money. To have no dedicated support phone line has become quite unacceptable - Etsy is no longer the kitschy little craft site they were when i joined - with the growth and increased gravitas, it has become an increasingly glaring ommission that this service is not available to us.

24 Likes
MiniaturesfromAvalon
Registered Member

Jump to solution

The most frustrating thing about being a seller on Etsy is the difficulty in reaching anyone for customer service. I had to find an email address on the forums, because I couldn't find it anywhere on the site. And forget about calling. They have that help page which is basically a robo-question/answer utility. If your problem isn't one of the options, you're out of luck. I started selling in 2011, and I'm almost sure that they had a phone number and email listed for issues, but at some point, I guess they decided that took up too much time and man hours. Thanks, Etsy. 

13 Likes
woolhearts
Registered Member

Jump to solution

this is totally unacceptable. + there is NEVER anyone (live person) to respond

6 Likes
UnityBraids
Registered Member

Jump to solution

Etsy took over $$$$ out of our checking acct too!! WTH?? My husband is on the phone with them trying to stop that! 

16 Likes
FelinesFidosFriends
Registered Member

Jump to solution

Go to your payment account and make sure the autobilling is disabled.  They cannot by law charge your account without your permission.

41 Likes
willendure
Registered Member

Jump to solution

You can go to it's the ftc federal trade commission  ! I can't recall .do a online search and file a complaint. Trust me me action will be taken SWIFTLY

28 Likes
CoxRetros
Registered Member

Jump to solution

I am glad I stopped the autobilling last summer when they announced their new scheme to make billing "easier" (but really increased their cash flow).  I've actually stopped autobilling for everything I do and even remove the credit card numbers from sites I don't use often like Amazon and Apple.  Leaving the number there makes it easy for these things to happen.

20 Likes
aosLeather
Registered Member

Jump to solution

I have scanned but don't see the answer to this Q: Is every shop that's been affected set up for auto-pay??

2 Likes
zahrazart
Registered Member

Jump to solution

Ohh my I came back in forums after a while and I got this scary news 😳 let me check my ac.........🙈

4 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.