Hello, and welcome to The Business of Doing Business etsy team!

As a new member, we would like for you to introduce yourself to the team. Go ahead and post a reply to this thread to give a hello to everyone and tell a little bit about yourself and / or your business.
designedbyval
Registered Buyer

Re: New Members Introductions

Hi y'all. I am Val of Designed by Val and I sell one-of-a-kind jewelry made from gemstones, seed beads, and czech glass. Thank you for the invitation to this team. I have been on Etsy 3 years but only 1 1/2 years seriously. I look forward to exchanging ideas.

I love books too. I had to go digital because all 4 of my bookcases are full and I have stacks of books on the floor.
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes

Hi everyone, my name is Jennifer and my shop has only been open about 2 weeks. I work full-time and work on my shop in my "spare" time. I have never tried to run a business before so any advice and guidance is welcome and appreciated. If anyone has questions of a legal nature regarding their shop, I work for a law firm so I can try to answer your questions.

Thanks!
0 Likes

Hi folks, My name is Angela, born in OH, raised in SC, had a beautiful year in CA, and now I'm back in the South.

My main store sells scripture prints and Christian themed wall art, while my secondary shop (Quotational) focuses more on fun typographic work.

I did Etsy alone for several months, but now I'm back at a full-and-then-some-time job, but this is still an amazing way to do something I really care about and enjoy.

Look forward to getting to know you folks (:
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi, everyone! My name is Dawn, and as well as being a full-time elementary school teacher, I am also known as the "Waxie Lady." I have always loved the aromas of scented wax and the memories that they evoke. I will probably be needing a bit of support here, as I am new to selling my handmade wax creations in any kind of online forum. I would appreciate any and all assistance! Not exactly techno-savvy, I have to admit!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hello! I'm Stacy. I make Waterproof Baby and Toddler Bibs. My shop has been open since August 2012. I'm a stay at home mother with a 3 yr old daughter and we are expecting a son on Halloween.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hello Etsy Family! I'm Jonathan. I make personalized magazines for customers who are looking for a different and unique way of celebrating and sharing those special moments in their lives. Your photo is on the cover. Your story is the feature article. More "articles" in your magazine. These personalized magazines make fantastic keepsakes/favors.

Right now, I'm focusing in the wedding arena, but these magazines are great for birthdays, family reunions, bat mitzvahs, and the list goes on!

When I don't have my face buried in a magazine I'm usually working on some sort of DIY project or practicing on my cello (I play a mean "Twinkle. Twinkle. Little Star.").

I can't wait to meet others in this group and celebrate as we grow our businesses together!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Not new so much, I'm also Lady Honsa :)
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi all, I'm Venise and new to business. I'm a mental health professional and I love all things fashion and authentic. I make headbands and other accessories from an Alkebu-Lan (misnomer "African") concept. I need a marketing strategy. I loved the process of getting the items produced and photographed, I just need to sell them now :-)
0 Likes

Hello Everyone

I'm very new to Etsy and trying to feel my way around the Etsy world.
I sell jewelry and really enjoy making it, although I don't have as much time as I would like to spend creating. If I did, I woud love to make my own beads.
Anyway, hello to everyone! :)
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hello everyone.
My name is MJ, I just open my shop couple days ago. I make cute custom denim shorts and custom studded converse..well just have 3 items now but hope to have more in very soon.

So nice to be part or this community!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hello! My real name is Melanie, I run my supply shop under my pen-name, and my finished jewellery shop under my real name: http://www.etsy.com/shop/clinquante

I've been selling costume jewellery at craft shows since 1991, and online since 2003. So when recently friends started requesting a few supply sales, it seemed like a good idea to do it properly! Seems to be working.

This is my fulltime gig, although I also tend a small organic farm, and have a rather large family. Life is never dull.
0 Likes
leanneholt1
Registered Buyer

Hey there all you Etsians! I'm Leanne and I am a silk scarf painter. My etsy shop is flingamoscarves. It is a part time business that I would like to grow.
I was working full time and recently took a part time job due to illness in my family. I'm hoping to build my shop/business into some additional income for my family. It's currently more than pays for itself, which is good.
I'm loving having more time for creativity!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi Everyone,

My name is Cathryn. I have a pottery business that is currently running out of my home. The pieces are based on historical Delftware from the 1780's and before. There is a demand for it and little supply, so I have had a pleasant start. I do tend to run out of inventory and have taken to mostly doing commission work (made to order) and my goal this year is to increase those commissions.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hey I am Carla and I am new to this, ASouthernWay is a up cycle, repurpose, pinspired kind of place. We make custom burlap wreaths..for Labor Day we are offering 15% off
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hello everybody. I'm Lilian from ColorsOfMyLife I make fabric flowers. I'm new to Etsy and I'm looking forward to learn and share my experience with you all. I will be working full time on my shop and if you know of anything that I should do first please let me know. I'm pleased to be part of your team.
0 Likes

Good Morning everyone,
Glad to join your team.
My name is Dee.
I make wire wrap, beadwoven and beaded jewelry.
I have 4 shops.

I am addidicted to beads and beading, it is my passion.
I have been doing art fairs for 20 years, Love doing Etsy,.
It brings me the little extra income for extras.

I am hoping to learn from your experiences and to share.
Thank you/
0 Likes

Hi Guys, I'm Marie, owner of Wood Be Jewels! I'm glad to be part of the Team and hope to network and connect with you guys!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi,

I am Tiffany from Polar Stones.
I run most of the business and design side of things while my husband works the tools.
We make stuff mostly for guys, whiskey stones, flasks, a new line of belts.
we also do grill stones, and beer caddies (that we do at shows as we don't like to have to ship the big stuff)
Looking forward to learning from others in this team!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi! I'm April and I make digital prints, original illustrations and (in the future) greeting cards.

I'm working full time but don't really love my job. I'm hoping my Etsy shop will give me something good to focus on! I get my prints next week so that's when my first listings will go up. Right now I'm just prepping my shop and getting acquainted with Etsy!
0 Likes
BerrysweetStuff
Conversation Maker

Hi Everyone,

Glad to join your team! =)

My name is Lori- owner of Berrysweet Stuff, For 15 years I have created handmade bath and body products of all types, soaps, lotions, body butters, perfume oils and more. I have an established webstore and I also have shops on various selling venues besides Etsy.

I look forward to sharing and learning here and I greatly appreciate the invitation!
0 Likes

Hello! And thanks for inviting me to join! I've only been active on Etsy a couple of months, but I've bought and sold on eBay for over 10 years, so maybe I have some knowledge to share as well as a lot to learn. :-) I sell hand stitched jute items of all kinds, although right now I'm on a pillow kick. I also have a line of spice blends that I'm hoping will get going for the holidays. Although those are my basic lines, I will sell almost anything I can get my hands on and am always trying new things.

I hope to be a useful team member and look forward to participating. :-)
0 Likes

hi and thanks for the invite!

i'm holly, and i have 4 shops (1 is inactive at the moment and the other 2 are sadly neglected due to demand in this shop) plus i have 5 kids and 3 cats. mostly i make beaded jewelry of all kinds - bridal, gemstone & statement (in one of my other shops) and everyday, casual jewelry (in another shop). my 4th shop was scrapbooking/paper crafting, but the custom orders started flying in about the same time this shop started getting bombarded and i had to pick which one i was going to nurture, since i don't have time to do both.

i make my living off etsy, and am happy to help out with whatever i can. i'm also looking forward to getting some great tips from the other awesome sellers in here, more than a few of whom i recognize and respect for their business knowledge and advice. :)
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi everyone!!
I've had my shop here on Etsy since 2009! It's not the only thing I do (I have about 4-5 "projects" currently), but it's definitely one of the things I love doing! I sell baby and children clothes, bibs, etc.
Currently living in Los Angeles, CA!
~c
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi Ya'll,

I'm Kristy and this is my second shop. I make handcrafted jewelry. I work full time, run my shops and raise my son, chickens, husband and dog.

Have been fighting pnuemonia, so I've been stuck in bed for a while now. Oh it's so hard not to get up and go...tried that made myself worse...... Thankfully I have taught the hubby well, he brings me the stuff I need to get orders out on time.
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.