Hello, and welcome to The Business of Doing Business etsy team!

As a new member, we would like for you to introduce yourself to the team. Go ahead and post a reply to this thread to give a hello to everyone and tell a little bit about yourself and / or your business.
Former_Member
Not applicable

Re: New Members Introductions

Oh man, I hope I never have to move. My book collection is out of control. That's what happens when you live just blocks from the library used bookstore. And then there is the craft thrift store and vintage clothing by the pound store a block closer. *suddenly feels the urge to go shopping*
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes

Allison, you have a library used bookstore, a craft thrift store, and a vintage clothing by the pound store, all within walking distance?! Oh, my!! I'm so envious!!!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi everyone, my name is Mary and I have a small shop here selling a variety of things. I am in the process of opening a second shop if all goes well. I am working on the business of it all right now and hoping to turn it into a full time business. I enjoyed reading all of your introductions.... am also a bookaholic with a serious problem!!!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I know, I live in a great spot. I am also within walking distance of the best little thrift shop in Portland (they have two actually, one is strictly vintage goodies that have been pre-researched!) and The ReBuilding Center, which is basically a building materials thrift store. My house is packed with stuff though, I might need to open a second shop to sell my finds!
0 Likes

Hmmmm, some us seem to have a book addiction in common! ;)
0 Likes

Haha, I'm starting to wonder if we need a Book-Addicts team now. XD I love books, too! Broke a few bookcases via my books.
0 Likes

@beloved doll, I would have to join in on that one and drag my hubby along.
We are trying to simplify our lives though and only get books from the library, not as much fun though.

I'll warn you all I am a creative type and can't spell or use grammar to save my life , but not to worry "cause I don't car" LOL
0 Likes

@ Logan isn't fun to work in a mans world.

I was a sales rep, my first job I was the only woman of 25 male reps, for a regional company. Then I took a job as a sales rep for a National Company I was the only female out of 250 reps. Ugh!

Fighting in the mans world mentality was a bit more frustrating since both companies were founding members of the "good o'l boys" network. So, I took what I learned and said I'd had enough and started my own company giving women a chance, grew it to a national company, sold out and went a traveling.
LOL
The PITB guys are still working in their same ol jobs. LOL
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Linda, I hear ya. I recently left my company because I'd had enough with the lack of women in tech. It was infuriating at times.
0 Likes

Nice, Linda!!

My 9-5 is definitely in a male-dominated realm so it's really tough. I want to see my business take off where it can support me and I can have a few other people on board. Linda, mind sending over your mad skills to me? =P
0 Likes

Hello! Thanks for the invite. I'm Allison, I own Harmony Threads. I've been selling online for 14 years now, only seriously selling on etsy for 2 years. I design and manufacture circus (mostly aerial) costumes and workout clothing. I sell here and I have a stand alone site. This is my full time job.

We also homeschool our three, although my oldest has decided to go to our alternative high school this year. My husband is self employed as well, so we do a lot of schedule juggling so we can both work and homeschool.
0 Likes

Hello everyone and thank you for the invite.

I've been a buyer on Etsy for years but didn't start selling until this Summer.

Right now I'm focused on selling vintage goodies, but in future I hope to open a second shop to sell handmade goods (knit/crochet/sew/embroider)

Thank you, all!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Peace and Greetings, it's a pleasure reading about all you of you and your endeavors! I'm Meli, I am on etsy selling jewelry and crocheted goodies. I am a mama, and a professional dancer. I recently left my job of 9 years (social work) to spend more time honing my creating skills. In January I'm attending school to become a massage therapist.
I'd love to learn more about running a successful business selling my creations. Everything from business status, tax id etc. To filling taxes. I read blogs but sometimes concepts gel better when I've had the opportunity to discuss them. I look forward to sharing and learning with this team! Thank you in advance. ~
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Melinda, I see you are in Rochester! My fiancé is from there and all of his family still lives there. I actually find Rochester quite charming. He thinks I am nuts for that! But, but, but... Wegmans!
0 Likes

Hi. I am Melissa. I make porcelain home decor, jewellery and buttons inspired by the countryside surrounding Cornwall and Devon, uk.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

@Allison, I'm a native and I've had my ups and downs with it. There are some amazing institutions and events here-such as research at University of Rochester, and the annual International jazz festival, plus we have the#1 public market in the country. And of course, Wegman's :) Trader Joe's recently set up shop here too! Healthy competition I suppose.
0 Likes

Hi! I'm Alaina. I crochet just about anything and love it. I'm a homeschooling mom to 5, although 3 of my kids do an online school so there isn't much to do with them. I have been on Etsy for more than 3 1/2 years, but only just registered my business this year. I hope to learn more about things in this team.
0 Likes

Hi Everyone!
I really like what I do....knitting, crocheting, sewing. It gives me great joy! I am a retired secretary and I have two beautiful daughters and two awesome granddaughters. I love animals.....especially dogs. I have two fur kids, a bunny and a parakeet.

I have had my Etsy shop since 2009 and I think I have done pretty well with it. Of course, we all hope to do better.
Thanks for the invite!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi and thanks for the invite!
I'm Sheryl and opened my Etsy shop in May. I make wall hangings and macramé items. The macramé came after realizing my wall hangings were too time consuming to be successful here.
I was working as a medical assistant and pharmaceutical purchaser for a medical group. I would have had to go full time to keep my job and couldn't as I was already committed to watching my granddaughters on Mondays and Fridays. So after 10 years at that specific job, I resigned to become a fulltime grandma and Etsy shop owner.
I look forward to getting to know you all!
0 Likes

Hello and thanks for the invite. My name is Goga, I come from Croatia and make retro style clothes and lingerie. I've been selling on Etsy for 1 year now. This is my part time job.
0 Likes

Hello!
My name is Lin, I design and hand craft jewelry, like about 60% of other Etsians (it seems!) I've been on Etsy since 2009 but only really started putting in effort about 18 months ago, though haven't gone "full time" here yet as there are so many other balls I have to juggle at the same time!
Mum to two "kids" of 20 and almost-22, and an 8 1/2lb Chiweenie called Rascal.
0 Likes
LoomWeddings
Inspiration Seeker

Hi Everyone!

I'm Grace and run my little business norma&dorothy from my flat in Manchester. Although the shop has been opened 18 months, I have just started selling seriously 6 weeks ago. The shop is growing strong and I'm looking forward to my first Etsy Christmas! x
0 Likes

Hello,

My name is Jason Wall and I own a Wood Jigsaw Puzzle, Carpentry, Construction, and 3-D Cabinet Design company. I primarily sell wood puzzles here on Etsy with the hopes of expanding my product line broadly as time permits. With Etsy's tools I am able to ship my puzzles all over the world! Which is very exciting! I have only starting doing this about a year ago and it has been quite an adventure.

Feel free to send me a message if you have any wooden puzzle or woodworking related questions!

Kind Regards,
Jason K. Wall
Wall Woodworks Co.
www.wallwoodworks.com
0 Likes

Hello everyone...my name is paul...i have been a doll artist for 30 years...love all things hand crafted
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I was invited, I accepted, I feel very humble! I started in 1991, and I've never looked back. Selling supplies is a new venture, from requests from friends! This is my fulltime gig, although I am also a sheep farmer (YES, REALLY) which fits in nicely. I love my job :)
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.