KindledArts
Inspiration Seeker

usps staying in pre transit

Jump to solution

this is the second month that some USPS labels stay in 'pre-transit' even when there's activity visible on the USPS tracking site as being delivered. It was a negative impact for my shipping star seller last time. Any time line when this issue will be resolved?  I currently have three in pre transit but all have been confirmed delivered to recipient.

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
2 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: usps staying in pre transit

Jump to solution

Hello @KindledArts,

Kindly know that our team has pushed a fixed recently which will prevent new orders to be stuck at pre-transit. However, we're still working on updating previous orders that are stuck at 'pre-transit' so they won't have any negative impact on things like Shipping Score. 

On the other hand, as we checked the orders affecting your Star Seller, we can confirm that the tracking events are now showing on Etsy. Please know that it may take about 24 hours for this score to update.

Thank you very much!

View solution in original post

5 Likes
11 Replies
ChillwolfArt
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

Yes, here is a Thread with quite a few Sellers having this problem.
https://community.etsy.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Admin-I-would-like-answers-on-Pre-Transit-issues/m-p/...

I'll be back with the Admin Announcement (last posted on Friday).
https://community.etsy.com/t5/Technical-Issues/FIX-IN-PROGRESS-Some-USPS-tracking-orders-showing-as-...

I hope this will soon be resolved for everyone having trouble.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Hello @KindledArts,

Kindly know that our team has pushed a fixed recently which will prevent new orders to be stuck at pre-transit. However, we're still working on updating previous orders that are stuck at 'pre-transit' so they won't have any negative impact on things like Shipping Score. 

On the other hand, as we checked the orders affecting your Star Seller, we can confirm that the tracking events are now showing on Etsy. Please know that it may take about 24 hours for this score to update.

Thank you very much!

5 Likes

Jump to solution

Do we need to contact support or all accounts being checked? I have 5 orders saying stuck in pretransit. All have been delivered and tracking shows proof of delivery and some have left reviews. In the past 12 years I have never not shipped a package on time! Very frustrating!

3 Likes

Jump to solution

The new fix is not working: My old and newest/current orders are still showing pre-transit in error, so this has not been fixed. And my Star Seller has tanked bc of it. What should I do to get both Star Seller and pre-transit fixed? Should I contact someone there at Etsy?

3 Likes

Jump to solution

Dear ALL, it's most important that ETSY itself freely offers the info, that actually for sellers from outside the US,  are not allowed to trace their registered parcel once they get inside the USPS . That institution in itself, by law, has 15 + 45 +45 working days to deliver ''on time'' the parcel once it gets inside their sistem. I just had a totally mess with a Lady from US, with poor english to agravate our communications, that simply in the end gave a great apraisal to my honesty, but, after so much waiting that she was not expecting, I think she decided to send back her prior purchase. ( to my delight actually, it's a great piece ...). ETSY, although I had to call and recheck all the procedure, made all the ammendments, but, we still have no info available freely. Also, 250 usd max for articles is not the right solution, the insurance should be issued accordingly to the value of the article.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

@TonsOfPaper @Is the fix only for labels purchased through Etsy? Or is the integration fixed for third party (e.g., Pirate Ship, Shippo, etc.) shipping also?

5 Likes
CloversFinds
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

@KindledArts 

I have the same problem and have been waiting for mine to be corrected before my SS is taken away, would you update this thread when yours have been corrected as @TonsOfPaper  is indicating. I have no way to contact Etsy, my chat/email gone. Thank you

3 Likes
CloesCloset
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

The "new" fix is still not working, same problem this morning with tracking number "showing in use".  

2 Likes
CloversFinds
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

@KindledArts 

After commenting more than a few times about not having chat button (or when I have it not working), I finally get my chat back just now. I changed nothing, same browser, everything same, so just another glitch on this platform that is not MY FAULT as they always want you to think. I immediately did a chat for the 1 order I have still in pre-transit (delivered 3/14 with tracking) and was asked for the order #. Then asked if I mind giving sensitive security personal info. Sorry, yes, I do mind. I responded that I have read many posts of those that were not asked sensitive info and did not have to provide order numbers to have tracking updated. Truly unbelievable! Oh and I just notice I lost my star status (not that it had any positive affect on my sales). Nice, right?

4 Likes
CloversFinds
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

@KindledArts 

My one order that had been delivered and was showing "pre-transit" has been fixed sometime today. My star seller shipping percent has not been corrected yet but hopefully that will be taken care of soon. In the meanwhile taking a break from selling here as it is so stressful for the few sales I might get. There is absolutely no need for this BS to be dumped on us sellers, we did nothing to deserve this. Hope you are having luck getting your tracking updated too.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Yes! I spoke by phone and the etsy help person transferred me to Shipping. That person was well aware of the problem and within 24 hours, my Star Seller status was back on track and my shipment status posts are accurate too. What a relief!

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.