I have two products that are being advertised that are not coming up today in searches at all.  They are very popular right now and one of them is a Best Seller.  I even put them on sale to see if they would come up.  This is one of them:  https://thetimetaxi.etsy.com/listing/1479039095

I tried searching in incognito and it isn't coming up.  I am not getting any search visits either.  I am just getting visits from social media etc. 

It usually comes up under Dalmatian Ears, Dalmatian Hair Clips or Dalmatian Barrettes.  

Re: Items not showing in search and best sellers too!

Jump to solution

@ByVanillaMintDesigns "I was told in chat that they have "systems in place to limit visibility for listings that they believe may violate Etsy policies while they conduct a review"." This sounds like they are finally moving to deindexing instead of removing items entirely. They promised in September that items should be reviewed within 24 hours, and would be reinstated if not reviewed within 48 hours:

https://community.etsy.com/t5/Announcements/An-update-on-how-we-re-keeping-Etsy-special/m-p/14345600...

They also promised to notify affected shops, though, so who knows? @AntheasArtsAndCrafts @Chrysalism 

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
6 Likes

Jump to solution

@cindylouwho2  Yes it sure sounds like they are massively using deindexing as a tool while vetting listings. Curious if this widespread checking on bestseller is going to be a standard check. I mean I told chat I applaud them checking for non handmade resellers and if they need pics or videos of me sewing I am happy to oblige… but still wish they could have skipped mine lol

4 Likes

Jump to solution

@ByVanillaMintDesignsIt is ridiculous. My listing video shows the whole process of the item making. Why they still review it?

0 Likes

Jump to solution

@MENGCACA because the bots that deindexed you can't see the video. Humans doing the real review might see it, though. 

1 Like

Jump to solution

All my cards are not showing in search...my other listings are fine

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Google search is showing my cards on etsy and the links work fine...so it's just etsys search function

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Google image search is also showing my listings.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

@ChrysalismThank you for sharing! Please let us know once yo got new response.

3 Likes

Jump to solution

There is literally hundreds indexed if this is the case why are my listings still searchable on Google ?

0 Likes

Jump to solution

@cindylouwho2I did not get any notify about the review. How about your listings?

1 Like

Jump to solution

@MENGCACA I don't seem to be missing anything when I search my own shop, but I have been downsizing for a while now & only have 100 listings left here. Some of my best sellers are unlikely to be stolen by other sites right now, although it has happened with other listings of mine in the past. 

@AntheasArtsAndCrafts Etsy can only deindex on Etsy; they can't control Google, especially in such as short space of time. 

If this is the new handmade bot flag review process, your items are supposed to be reindexed in 48 hrs, per the link above, unless they get deactivated as not handmade. 

2 Likes
Lasaris
Crafty Poster

Jump to solution

We are having the same issue - listings not visible in search generally, and not visible when our store is searched.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Same here.

Contacted Etsy chat and they are aware of it and said it will be fixed within the timeframe, but can’t say what that timeframe is!

So that was useful!

1 Like

Jump to solution

@cindylouwho2Thank youfor replying! I learned so much knowledge from your threads before selling on Etsy.

1 Like

Jump to solution

@cindylouwho2It's really unfair to review some bestseller listings instead of reviewing all listings automatically. The 48-hour sales decreasing will badly affect listing weight in algorithm.

3 Likes

Jump to solution

@MENGCACA "It's really unfair to review some bestseller listings instead of reviewing all listings automatically. The 48-hour sales decreasing will badly affect listing weight in algorithm." agreed, although if this is what is happening, it is better than having your item removed entirely for weeks at a time, which does kill listings. 

This is likely bot driven, as the handmade takedowns over the past several months have been. It tends to affect bestsellers because those are the items that get photos stolen & used elsewhere. 

3 Likes

Jump to solution

@cindylouwho2Good news! I got 2 listings indexed, and the bestseller badge still there.

1 Like

Jump to solution

@MENGCACA excellent! 

0 Likes
Chrysalism
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

@MENGCACA how did you get them re-indexed? Did support do it for you or did they just reindex automatically?

1 Like

Jump to solution

My shop is still there, all listings visible from my shop but I'm not anywhere in the search for any of my listings! 

Got on to chat and etsy used the reasons listed above about changing search visability etc but then said they are aware of the problem and working on it. I asked when I would be re-indexed in their search but they said they don't have a time frame. 

I've had no orders or favourites all day and I'm really worried this is going to take a while to sort out and I'll have no income!

1 Like

Jump to solution

Oh my gosh, I could have written this word for word. Can't find any of my items in search and nothing comes up in search on my shop. Etsy chat referred it to tech support about 4 hours ago. No sales or likes today which is very unusual. I have been so worried. I'm not happy to see that this has happened to you but if its a problem for many hopefully its a glitch and all will get resolved!

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Im missing 4 items, 3 are best sellers, customers messaging asking us if we've stopped selling, so sending them to other sites as etsy won't show it to them, great during a busy period for us

0 Likes

Jump to solution

@PracticalPrintsByLee does the 4th item have any sort of badge? Some idiot on Reddit is claiming that only badged items are being affected. 

0 Likes

Jump to solution

@cindylouwho2Not only badged items, also normal ones.

1 Like

Jump to solution

@cindylouwho2 I have no official “Bestseller” or “Etsy pick”. While my item is my bestseller it isn’t officially one on Etsy. 

1 Like
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.