Hi all!  In my Shop Overview on the Dashboard page shows a sale for today with the dollar amount.  However, I can't find it.  It's not listed under Recent Activity.  It's not in my Current Orders.  It's not in my Finances page. 

The total Sale count in my Shop did calculate another sale.

Anyone else have this happen?  Maybe the payment is waiting to go through?

I'd hate to not fulfill an order in a timely manner if it is a real order. However, it's not there to fulfill.  Yikes!

Re: Sale Showing But Not There

Jump to solution

@SilverandEarth 

The absence of a "pending sale" email makes me wonder how many orders might have "bounced" without us even noticing that there was a payment problem. 

I only know about the existence of my 4 phantom orders because the buyer has requested cancellations.. 

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
1 Like

Jump to solution

@CookOnStrike  You're right. There might be many more that we're not even aware of.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

An awful lot of reports about stuck orders. I hope that we are not going to have a repeat of the payment processing fiasco of a few years ago.

2 Likes

Jump to solution

Is anyone at Etsy addressing this ????????????????????

5 Likes

Jump to solution

I had a live chat with Etsy yesterday.  She “looked into it” and said after 72 hours if not resolved let them know (again).  Everyone should have a chat to let them know.  I didn’t have an order number to  reference so had to give the url for the sold listing after opening it as if to edit.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Same here. Orders are showing up either very slowly or not at all

0 Likes

Jump to solution

An update from Etsy sure would be nice !!!!!!!!!!!!

5 Likes

Jump to solution

Same here.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

I have an order or maybe not, that's been stuck since yesterday morning. Has Etsy or Plaid been hacked? Why doesn't Etsy respond by a simple, HEY, we are aware and are working on this? I show a sale from yesterday on stats but there's no order in que. 

3 Likes

Jump to solution

"Why doesn't Etsy respond by a simple, HEY, we are aware and are working on this?"

Exactly!! We've been waiting over 24 hours now and NOTHING !!!!!!! I called on the phone this morning and reported it, sent a direct email message to Etsy admin and tagged ampersay several times in different threads about this issue. No response --- no NOTHING !!!! So much for their customer service. I wish we could rate them, like they do us! No star seller badge for them! Speedy replies ----Has a history of replying to messages quickly. NOT !!!!!!!!!!!!

And like you said, a simple "hey we are aware and working on it" isn't too much to ask!!!!!!

4 Likes
ChillwolfArt
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

This entire situation doesn't make sense; Ghost Orders of sorts.  Orders either go through or we receive a Banner Message stating the Order is Processing (in which case we know not to ship it out until Processing has cleared).  There is no in between. 
So what is going on here and why is there no Announcement about it?

ETA:  Re: There is no in between (rather, there should not be).

2 Likes

Jump to solution

i did say  when talking to etsy today that normally I would see the order but it would say Processing dont ship but they did not give an answer to why this was different. 

1 Like

Jump to solution

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Same thing here as well! Been over 24 for hours for me too with no resolution. Customer is REALLY wanting the download and her orders are stuck "somewhere in space" (she purchased two more times because the first order didn't go through). It's hard when you don't have answers to give your sweet customers.

Something really odd is definitely going on. I also just got a YOU'VE MADE A SALE email (that processed correctly) and then a minute later received a PROCESSING ETSY ORDER email for the exact same sale that already went through. Weird. Received several more PROCESSING ETSY ORDER emails but they all finished processing within the next minute or so. 

Another issue I just discovered is that I just now (this evening) got an email with a new customer request but when I opened it, the request was from over 1 DAY AGO. Ack! That better not count as a missed message toward my Star Seller stats. 

Hope this is all on their radar.

2 Likes

Jump to solution

I'm on the phone with them right now for the second time!! Talk about going round and round trying to get them to understand. It's beyond frustrating!!!!!!!!!!

And now I was placed on hold listening to very loud and annoying music! I'm really starting to lose my patience with this whole thing!

2 Likes
BezelsandBeyond
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

The music is TERRIBLE!!!  

Update on my order - it now shows on my Orders & Shipping page, but shows "not paid," so still processing.  Meanwhile, I've received 3 other orders just fine.

1 Like

Jump to solution

@BezelsandBeyond  Yes, the music is awful and LOUD !!!!!!!!! Yikes, I had to hold the phone away from my ear!

Glad to know your order is showing up on your Orders and Shipping page. Mine still is not. The rep is telling me it's a PayPal issue. Hmm, I wonder. I guess there is no way we would know because we can't see what payment processor the customer used anymore. We used to be able to see that, until they took away our PayPal accounts. Glad you received 3 other orders that worked fine.

2 Likes

Jump to solution

~36 hours later the situation with my 6 orders is still the same - 2 showing as "not paid", 4 still invisible on my side (but they are counted in stats and revenue). 

The customer placed a new order just now and it went through instantly with confirmation emails to both sides. She used the same Paypal account like before. 

1 Like

Jump to solution

I just posted about exactly the same thing! Looking at your replies now.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

We are also having these problems. Several of our orders have gone invisible

0 Likes

Jump to solution

I also have an order from March 1 that was marked as sold out on my listing page but never showed up on my order page or finances. I did not receive an email about waiting for payment to process as we have intended past.

2 Likes

Jump to solution

The invisible order that I received on March 1 cannot be seen in the order que. It is included in sale stats. It's been 3 days now. Do they know what happened? I'm not seeing any response from Etsy? 

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Etsy doesn't want to believe it's them. I tried contacting them regarding the star seller bage issues and huge drop on sales for seasoned sellers. They just provide the generic email, it's not us, it's you. There customer service sucks. More shops need to keep contacting them 

1 Like

Jump to solution

I'm frustrated with the lack of response from Etsy. I don't think they know what the problem is after 72 hours. One poster was told if the problem isn't solved in 72 hours to contact them again, another was told it was PayPal. Is it PayPal? I used PayPal to purchase an Etsy item March 1st, I had no problem. There's no response from Etsy acknowledging that there is a problem site wide. If this were a PayPal issue, why is it affecting stats since the actual money is stuck in limbo? This seems like an Etsy processing problem. The item which showed sold out could have shipped already. 

4 Likes

Jump to solution

"I'm frustrated with the lack of response from Etsy."

Same here! You would think by now they would get in the forums and say something. The lack of response is appalling. I'm starting to wonder if anyone even works here anymore!

I agree with you @CharmedEnchantements . I sincerely doubt it's a PayPal problem considering the amount of sellers that are experiencing this problem. It's hard to believe that all of these "stuck" orders were paid with PayPal. Even if they were -- the "bug" could still be in the Etsy processing system. I'm going to go call PayPal right now and ask them if they can shed any light on what is going on  ---- since Etsy seems incapable of providing us with any answers or resolutions!

3 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.