Hi all!  In my Shop Overview on the Dashboard page shows a sale for today with the dollar amount.  However, I can't find it.  It's not listed under Recent Activity.  It's not in my Current Orders.  It's not in my Finances page. 

The total Sale count in my Shop did calculate another sale.

Anyone else have this happen?  Maybe the payment is waiting to go through?

I'd hate to not fulfill an order in a timely manner if it is a real order. However, it's not there to fulfill.  Yikes!

Re: Sale Showing But Not There

Jump to solution

My situation last night.. 

1 customer, 6 orders for the same item, 5 cancellation requests (all unique order numbers). My customer could see her orders, I couldn't.

It was confusing when those cancellation requests started pouring in with no orders to cancel on my side...  

Today I have "6" orders showing on the dashboard, but only 2 of them are visible on the "orders and shipping" page. Both are stuck in the "payment processing" mode. 

Customer's order history on the conversations page shows 6 orders, and 4 of those are still invisible to me.

-------------

It's not unusual for a random order to get stuck in payment processing now and then, but this is something new... 

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
3 Likes

Jump to solution

Same situation here.  I hope they resolve it soon because it's impacting a lot of seller from what I can gather on various FB groups.

2 Likes

Jump to solution

I still can't view my order I received yesterday. @ampersay   Can someone please get this fixed? Thanks!

3 Likes

Jump to solution

Same thing happened to me a couple weeks ago. 

0 Likes
2numerous
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

This has been a reoccurring glitch since JANUARY.

Go to the sold out section on the listing page and you can see which item has been sold or affected by this glitch.

1 Like

Jump to solution

Yes, you can see what sold there .... but there still is no invoice. So you have no idea who you sold it to and the shipping address so you can mail it!

1 Like
2numerous
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

@SilverandEarth 

This addresses one of the issues you mentioned above So now we need to wait 24 hours to see what we sold. 

By going to the sold out section you can pinpoint the listing that is affected by the glitch. And provide that detail or information onto Etsy. 

In my case it was happening with the same listing over and over, about 16 times. And once with another listing.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

@2numerous  Thanks for your help, I already did both of those things. I figured out yesterday what was sold by going to my sold section and I called Etsy support this morning and reported the glitch.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

I telephoned Etsy support.  They returned my call immediately.  I explained this is happening to a lot of sellers.  She was very nice, but did not have a solution.  She said she will report it to her "team" for investigation.  She said sales can take 48 to 72 hours to process.  I've never, ever had a sale take that long.  And this is something different because I can't even see who purchased.  I told her I was concerned about the buyer having to think I'm a bad seller by not processing the order.  She said the buyer can see that their purchase did not go through and can contact Etsy support on their end.  Ugh.

2 Likes

Jump to solution

Yes, I called too. The rep said it was the first time they were hearing about it. I told her to go look at the forums and they would see it is affecting several sellers. She was very nice --- but like you said --- offered no solution and would report it to her team. I've never had a sale take this long to process either. And like you said, you can't even see it in your "processing orders" section.

2 Likes
BezelsandBeyond
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

On with Etsy support now.  Getting nowhere.  He's telling me to go on my app or use another browser.  Nothing.  First he's hearing of this issue, so there must not be many of us calling.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

I hope these aren’t ghost sales/fake sales that we are getting charged with 

since those that are calling in and can’t seem to get a honest answer

but they sure can do research on you about being a star seller or not 

1 Like

Jump to solution

Happened to me as well on Mar 1.  But today, Mar 2, there is no history of the sale, except that when I look in my Sold Out - the items is showing there.  Which means it is no longer showing in My Active Listing.  If it is a glitch and the item didn't sale, Etsy needs to reinstate it as Active.  

1 Like
BezelsandBeyond
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

My number of sold items went up, but now they aren't even showing what sold, so it's getting worse.

1 Like

Jump to solution

@BezelsandBeyond  Same here. My sales number went up ... but still NO sale invoice showing.

@ampersay  Would you please look into this? I've tagged you several times, but haven't gotten a response to see if you are receiving these issue reports. Thanks!

2 Likes

Jump to solution

Same thing happened to me yesterday.  Still not resolved.  Usually this is a processing delay for the credit card but it isn’t even showing that.

1 Like

Jump to solution

Yeah, with the amount of sellers it's affecting -- it can't be an individual credit card issue. Unless, the issue is coming from the company they use to process the cards. I really wish they would get this resolved. I don't want to be late in mailing an order (if I really have one).

0 Likes
BezelsandBeyond
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

UPDATE - I just received a message from a buyer asking me why their payment is stuck in processing.  So, I am assuming all our orders are stuck in processing.

3 Likes

Jump to solution

It seems like this might have something to do with the company Etsy uses to process transactions.

I was hoping whoever bought from me would contact me --- so I could explain what is going on and let them know there might be a delay in shipping until this issue gets figured out.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

I have 6 orders - the same customer, the same item, the same payment method. 

2 are showing as "payment processing", 4 are completely invisible to the seller. The buyer can see all of them. 

This is not a regular "stuck in processing" case... 

1 Like

Jump to solution

@CookOnStrike  What does the buyer see on their end? Can they see it is not processed? Or does it appear to them that it is processed?

0 Likes

Jump to solution

@SilverandEarth  .. She only mentioned that she could see them on her purchases page, that's how she was able to send  5 "help requests" asking to cancel. She didn't receive order confirmation emails (neither etsy nor paypal). 

I don't know what exactly she can see on her end though. I have to rely on autotranslate to communicate, so that doesn't help.. and I don't want to inconvenience the buyer further with all this  

There's possibly something wrong with the payment processor...

0 Likes

Jump to solution

@CookOnStrike  Thanks for the info. I was just curious what the buyer sees on their end because my buyer hasn't contacted me -- so I was a bit worried that on their end everything seems fine and then they might start to wonder why their order hasn't shipped if this issue drags on for a few days.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

@SilverandEarth the most confusing thing to me is that I can see only 2 out of 6 orders. If I had all 6 in the "payment processing" stage, it would be more or less normal.

When I open buyer's "order history", I see a header "6 orders from Name", and the page shows only 2 "not paid" orders.

BTW, when there's a normal payment processing delay, Etsy sends an email notification "We wanted to let you know that you have a pending sale" + "Please do not ship this order until it has finished processing." There were no emails about these phantom orders.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

@CookOnStrike  Yes, this whole thing is very weird. Like you said, when an order is processing -- you'll get an email notification not to ship until it is processed. You'll also see it in your "in progress" section of your order / shipping section. I really wish someone from Etsy would respond in the forums and make an announcement that they are working on it. So far, dead silence. I tagged ampersay a few x's and direct messaged her with the problem --- still no word back. I also called support this morning and reported it. So you would think they would make an announcement about it and say they are working on it.

1 Like
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.