IgiBee
Inspiration Seeker

after a global problem my store is invisible

Two days ago - global technical issue - since then I have had 10% visits to the store and zero! ZERO sales! I have been running a store for over two years and have never had such a situation. I don't understand it, it looks like a shadow ban for my store. You can imagine if I sold 12-30 products a day and now suddenly another day with no sales. I have no idea what to do. Support is wringing its hands and I know it was Etsy that messed something up... how else can you explain it?

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
4 Replies

Re: after a global problem my store is invisible

What do the stats say for the holiday season last year?  Around this time it would be expected to see a slowdown and even a mini halt as people are busy elsewhere.  People with the holidays on their mind are usually done buying online.

What global issue?  Was there an issue with wifi, ISP?  

I checked a few of your items and they are visible and on the first page of search.

1 Like

@IgiBee: "Two days ago - global technical issue - since then I have had 10% visits to the store and zero! ZERO sales!"  With all of the testing and tweaking that Etsy does (particularly with Search) it is almost impossible to make direct cause and effect correlations.

0 Likes

Last week you said some days you only get 2 sales, not 12: https://community.etsy.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Etsy-drop-down-my-sales-my-store-is-intentionally-not...

Anyone having days of 2 sales as their low will likely go down to zero in a day at some point once the site slows down after the holiday rush. 

Perhaps think more about my comments the other day: https://community.etsy.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Etsy-drop-down-my-sales-my-store-is-intentionally-not... including getting a critique (there are still typos in the panda balloon print - when I searched "balloon" in your shop, the listing did not appear)

2 Likes

I got 11 orders today, but they were all supplies and no handmade craft items. I expect it to be dead for handmade items from now until after Christmas, then maybe a tiny rush the first 2 weeks after Christmas as people spend the cash they got for Christmas, then back to normal sales volume, whatever it is for you, after that. Most people realize it is now too late to get anything for Christmas unless they pay the extremely costly fees for Express Mail. This happens every year.

Also, people are busy now making the final preparations for their holiday, so not as many people are online shopping for anything the last few days before Christmas.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.