Starting today I get this new popup EVERY time I click on a listing from Search, the wording as above.. It always shows a tiny image of the most recent item I favorited.
I tried unfavoriting the item and then it started showing the next item in my favorites list. It's driving me batty.

Are others seeing it too?

C20Ceramics
Conversation Maker

Re: Pesky popup - Don't miss out on an item you've Favorited! Rare find. Add to Cart

Even when looking at my own shop from my dashboard, Im getting annoying popups - last one! rare item! unique find! etc etc. none of which are true.....a great way to turn away customers though, which Etsy has perfected the art of! 

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
5 Likes

Re: Pesky popup - Don't miss out on an item you've Favorited! Rare find. Add to Cart

I think it's time Etsy cleaned shop and got rid of every marketing ploy they have tried and start over from scratch with a clean look again.  There are too many pop-ups, messages and other stuff with a lot of abandoned programming that only screws up the search results, the way listings look, the site and how it functions that adding more on top of it will only make it worse.  And Etsy is only going to add more as a way to increase their bottom line.

6 Likes

Nothing in my Cart: Yet my Newest Favorited item: Pop Up Continues to Pester Me, as I work Updating our shop, or as I Search.

Does Not matter How Many Favorites I Delete; Then My Other Older Favorited item Will Pop up, Takes Over: Don't Miss Out on item You Favorited. Add to Cart. Wow does this mean I will have to Delete All of my Favs To Get This Pop Up Go Away? Since Some Marketing Person Thinks Pushing this idea Out will make Sales?  I don't know anyone who likes to be Bullied, or a Pushy Sales Person! 

Can't move on this site without being distracted & Attacked by a Pop Up: to Buy. X on it here it comes Again... 

3 Likes
OneEyeCatStudio
Conversation Maker

And now I'm getting pop ups for something I already bought.

Vintage, only one, no more to buy if I wanted to.

Just think how much better Etsy (and all of us who sell here) might do, if Etsy could manage a bit more competentcy.

C'mon Etsy, try a little harder.

6 Likes
BlaqKat
Conversation Maker

The last 3 things I faved continued to pop up constantly while I was on Etsy. I was so closed to removing them from my favourites, I HATE pop-ups. It's why popup blockers were always such a big thing - I can't imagine this actually works well for people. I can see lots of buyers removing items from faves or dropping them from carts.

I've had to remove items from my cart as I like to browse over several days and I was inundated with hurry and buy it pop ups. In the end, I emptied the cart. So those sellers lost out on sales because I wasn't ready to buy immediately.

I thought at least adding to faves would be a good backup rather than putting into cart, but no. Another "great" idea brought to you by Etsy.

7 Likes

It used to be a popular question for used car salemen to ask "what would it take to get you to make a purchase today."  I always told them there was nothing they could do to make me make a purchase before I was ready to.  Most of them had no answer and only a few had the sense to back off and stop the high pressure sales tactics.  Etys apparently doesn't know when to back off.

6 Likes

Never in the history of humanity has anyone wished for a popup...anywhere, anytime.  It's a universally annoying feature.

So, of course, etsy has implemented it in various places.

15 Likes

I've got this going on too. I've had to delete the same item from my cart about 3 or 4 times in a row, because of accidently touching the add to cart. This is ridiculous to say the least. Please stop this!!!

1 Like
Jewels2at
Community Maker

I wonder how many customers have just given up...and went to another online venue.

Etsy search did not work so well in the first place...

3 Likes

So I deleted my favorited items back until one that was Sold and yes, you guessed it - the popup appears when I click on any active listing "Don't miss out on an item you've favorited. Only 0 left in stock.". When I click on Add to cart, it takes me to an error page - "Uh oh! You have tried to place an item listing into your cart that no longer exists.".

I feel embarrassed, as a retired IT test analyst and current Etsy seller, that they didn't even code for basic exceptions. 

8 Likes

The "Ad To Cart" pop up is nothing but annoying ...just more stuff in the way

2 Likes

Agree, wish Etsy would get out of its own way and quit cluttering up the site trying to force sales.

5 Likes

They try to copy websites like temu i guess they want to boost their sales up by catering to impulse buyers

2 Likes

Wouldn't it be nice if Congress could ban Temu the way they're trying to do with TikTok due to their shady business practices (circumnavigating duty fees, forced labor, and exploiting workers - all good reasons to ban them):  https://globalaffairs.org/bluemarble/how-shein-and-temu-get-around-us-labor-laws-ban-products-made-f....  NOTE:  Enjoy the popups at that link.  There's no avoiding them though since they're everywhere.  Sigh.

3 Likes

Just provided my feedback on this to Etsy help, who promised to forward it on.  Not sure if it will change anything, but it seemed more constructive than just piling on here, LOL.  Fingers crossed!

6 Likes
MarcelsMusings
Inspiration Seeker

I just did the same. Suggested they look at community response on this topic.

0 Likes

I had so many notifications I removed all favorites from my account.  It was entirely too many notifications.  So now, I won't buy from any of those sellers.

2 Likes
OneEyeCatStudio
Conversation Maker

" So now, I won't buy from any of those sellers."

This makes me nostalgic for the old forum. I miss all those DNBF lists.

Etsy is forcing pop ups on people, prompting them to buy something that is not even any longer in my store.

I guess I can count on some people punishing me for that.

4 Likes

It's not the sellers doing it!! Why punish them?

9 Likes
CinderAndSurt
Inspiration Seeker

Yes and I would love to know how to get it to stop…. There should be an option to do so

5 Likes

Came here to see if it annoyed anyone else....guess so!

It shows my most recently favorited item every time I go to my shop page. I thought maybe putting it in my cart would make it stop, but NO.

4 Likes
CuriosityCabinet
Conversation Maker

I doesn't stop even after you add it to your cart??? WTH! I hate to think of one of my items annoying someone like this. 

5 Likes
CuriosityCabinet
Conversation Maker

Uh this pop up is SO annoying! I am currently editing and adding items in my OWN shop and the same listing keeps popping up on every single page. I X it out and it comes back again... and again.... and again. Who thought this was a good idea??

2 Likes
MouseGarden
Conversation Maker

There are times when the pop up covers the info and photo of the item I am looking at.  It's actually in the way.

4 Likes

Just picture an office full of Alfred E. Neumans all running around going "I'VE GOT A GREAT IDEA!!!!

5 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.