Starting today I get this new popup EVERY time I click on a listing from Search, the wording as above.. It always shows a tiny image of the most recent item I favorited.
I tried unfavoriting the item and then it started showing the next item in my favorites list. It's driving me batty.

Are others seeing it too?

Re: Pesky popup - Don't miss out on an item you've Favorited! Rare find. Add to Cart

Buying supplies here has been especially annoying this year. I have to "save for later" everything I put in the cart because the pop up will literally cover up the price and title of what I'm looking at even if I just pit it in my cart and trying to buy more from the same store.

The pop-up's gone rouge and is out of control!

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
1 Like
iheartspinning
Inspiration Seeker

Re: Pesky popup - Don't miss out on an item you've Favorited! Rare find. Add to Cart

It's popping up every time I open etsy.  It's just an item I looked at once.  I didn't even want it, I was just helping a seller rename it because he had put the wrong name on it. OMG Etsy please stop this or allow us to opt out.  Just because someone looks at something doesn't mean we want to be continously and relentlessly haggled about it.  GOOD GOD!

3 Likes

This is OUT OF CONTROL!!! It was even attacking me in an incognito window.

Could someone start a petition or something? I'm so afraid of how many buyers this will drive away, including (especially!) other sellers here!!!

2 Likes

The annoyances don't even stop if one buys an item.

I made a purchase.  I've received at least FIVE emails in four days from Etsy..."you made a purchase"; "it will be on the way shortly"; "item is shipped"; "item arrived in your state"; "item has been delivered".

That's at least 2 more than are remotely necessary.  And I bet they're not done yet...I haven't been badgered several times to leave a review.  Yet.

Why anyone shops here at all bewilders me.

6 Likes

It is annoying, just like the buy it now popups and review numbers that won't go away. I'm emptying my cart and stopping favoriting items. 

2 Likes

This feature is still going strong - so annoying! Please do something about it Etsy!

1 Like

Every time I look at something on Etsy, every time I go to edit one of my own listings, there's that annoying as heck pop up to try to get me to buy something from my favorites.

1 Like

Like everyone else who posted about this, it's driving me mad!

I deleted the item in the pop-up from my favourites - only for it to be replaced with the next item.

Someone in a post suggested leaving feedback to Etsy, but the first 'question' in feedback had nothing to do with the problem and I couldn't skip to the next without filling this one in, so I refuse to go further.

Please listen up Etsy - I just want to leave my feedback on this problem without filling in a survey!...plus I want this pop-up to go away!

1 Like

It's time we had another survey so we can all add that the pop-ups are not only driving us mad but they seem to be affecting customers too if we have noticed a drop in the favorites amount below listings since this could result in customers not returning to our shop.

3 Likes
BlaqKat
Conversation Maker

I don't know why they don't create a short term "leave Etsy Feedback" for sellers only

And then use AI (one of the few uses I believe AI could be helpful with) to filter the comments into categories and filter out the repeats and then work through like the top 20 issues.

0 Likes
bobsiDi
Crafty Poster

@StitchRoundabout I doubt Etsy will take any notice of what we say about this.

0 Likes

Hello, Are U Trying to Aggravate & Push Shoppers Away? I Was Working in our Shop Updating items & Well Today I See This irritating Pop-Up is Still Around, it Went away for a few days it's Back! so Guess we're Back in this Ridiculous Test Again. Days Ago I Removed & Un-Favorited items to Get Pop-Up Go Away!

[*Nothing in my Shopping Cart it is Empty - *Not a Favorited item Neither - i Browsed this morning Then this Appear: *Yet Pop-Up Stocks My Every Move, Yep I can X it to go away then Here it Comes Again Over & over!  Don't miss out on an item you've viewed! Only 1 left in stock

*I Have Observed Since This Pop-Up & Wonky Search Results: Our Favs Views-Visits-Shopping-Buying Has Decreased! Suppose This is Why Shoppers Don't Like to Have this Pop-Up in Their Face? Example the Pushy Hovering Stocking Sales Person Bothering your Shopping Experience so they'll Go Shop other Places instead of Here? This Pop-Up is A Big Turn Off for me! i see i'm Not alone.

1 Like
TagTeams
Conversation Maker

I am Soooo Over this popup. It makes me want to delete everything & that means I shop elsewhere because I’m not only a personal shopper, I’m also a live theater VP & need to buy for current, as well as, upcoming productions. This means I have SeVeRaL favored items.  It’s seriously ticking me off. 

2 Likes

This thread was posted a month ago and I am just now seeing the irritating pop-ups.  I was trying to shop today and finally gave up. I do not like it at all, very negative experience.

5 Likes
bobsiDi
Crafty Poster

Yes SO annoying. Makes me not want to favourite anything any more. I did recently favourite an item before buying it and it is no longer available, however the pop up still appears even though Etsy knows it has been sold.  Just $^@*#*% stupid.

4 Likes

I stoped adding favourites a long time ago.

this is what i've had in my listing for quite a while.

''  purchasers / potential purchasers please note that any
invitation to leave feedback , buy a favourited item , leave a review or chose add - ons are generated by Etsy ,
it is nothing to do with me ..
I have no control over this feature. ''

4 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.