Starting today I get this new popup EVERY time I click on a listing from Search, the wording as above.. It always shows a tiny image of the most recent item I favorited.
I tried unfavoriting the item and then it started showing the next item in my favorites list. It's driving me batty.

Are others seeing it too?

Re: Pesky popup - Don't miss out on an item you've Favorited! Rare find. Add to Cart

I stopped getting those pop ups when I unfavorited everything AND opted out of those emails.  Finally I have some peace.

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
6 Likes
LilMissSweetPea
Conversation Maker

Re: Pesky popup - Don't miss out on an item you've Favorited! Rare find. Add to Cart

Yes, I spent most of my day yesterday 'un-favoriting' items.

4 Likes

I have an ad blocker and I was able to set it to specifically block these pop ups. I hope it isn't blocking anything I want, I'll have to see.

3 Likes
ChickenPen
Inspiration Seeker

I am an Etsy buyer and I am definitely doing less browsing on Etsy as a result of the annoying pop ups. I had hundreds of items in my Favorites folder and I actually created a new folder and moved every single one of the items that were in my Favorites folder to the new folder. Unfortunately, it did not help because I am now seeing the pop ups for items that USED to be in my Favorites folder. Even though my Favorites folder is empty, the counter shows that it contains 27 items (another weird problem); I don’t know, but I am guessing that it is these 27 invisible items that are generating the pop ups. Whatever the reason, it is beyond annoying and it is definitely causing me to do less browsing on Etsy.

8 Likes
TheHomespunLoft
Conversation Maker

Once you unfavorite everything-- those pop ups stop-lol. I keep things I like In a folder off of Etsy now.

1 Like

Super annoying to have to keep X-ing out that pop-up.

I don't want to unfavorite items.

3 Likes

I would have thought that the ETSY bots could at least realise that if there are zero items available it is impossible to buy them!!

2 Likes

I see that I'm not the only one being annoyed by this feature! I think it is counter productive! I just makes you want to get out of the Etsy website as quickly as possible! I would be super happy if Etsy could stop this feature!!! Thank you!

7 Likes

I think it's gone....

0 Likes

Not as of this morning it wasn't (sigh)

0 Likes

Oh no!  I don't see it anymore.  At least that means it's probably only a test.  Unless Etsy just totally gave up on me as a shopper LOL

2 Likes

One can't even work their shop, let alone BROWSE! It's like SPAM! Make it STOP ETSY!!

8 Likes

Still going on me!

3 Likes

This pop up is driving me ROUND . THE . BEND! I actually bought the item a couple of days after favouriting it so it's doubly annoying I keep seeing it continually. Favourites used to be such a good feature, a way of finding something you liked before pay day, come pay day, you pop back to buy it. Simples!  I am not favouriting any other items from now on so I don't get that annoying pop up. I've unfavourited everything that sets the dratted thing off. I'll just have to hope to chance that I find it again when I'm ready to buy.

4 Likes

I know I get the same thing.  It is so annoying.  

1 Like

I agree. It’s really annoying. Worse than the abandoned cart coupon.

3 Likes

STOP STOP STOP!!!

2 Likes
VintageResquers
Inspiration Seeker

This is the most annoying feature that Etsy has introduce! I sure hope they get rid of it soon. I don't need constant reminders of items I've favored! Makes me want to delete every one of them! Get rid of this asap, please!

3 Likes

YES!!! I am so annoyed with this right now. I am working on my shop (laptop) and every single time I refresh I get the pop up for a favorited item. I literally emptied my cart so I would stop getting popups but now I guess I have to stop favoriting things too! I also stopped sending offers to my customers so my shop doesn't annoy them to death. MAKE IT STOP ETSY!! 

3 Likes

Many of you have said that you've now unfavorited everything to stop getting these annoying popups, so I can't help but wonder if this method is having the opposite effect with most buyers, and if so, will they come back, or will we have lost many of them forever?  We're certainly not going to be as easily found if customers have unfavorited our items or shops.

2 Likes
nineteen27
Community Maker

edited:

i am going to post this in its own thread.

2 Likes

I see that you posted your comment 3 weeks ago...well, it started a few weeks ago for me, and is still a problem, and I am sure others as well. Not a nice thing to do to potential buyers.

1 Like
SaraBerrenson
Inspiration Seeker

I am having this same issue! Do we know if anyone from Etsy support is looking into this? It is so annoying it's driving customers away!

1 Like

April 12, 2024 We're Back in This Ridiculous TEST: Guess Some Marketer Doesn't Understand a Majority of Shoppers Do Not Like: Stalking - Pesky - Pushy - Rude -  Bullied - Persistent Sales People [ in this Case Your Favorited item with a Annoying Pop-Up in Your Face: don't Miss out to Buy= Generally distrust anyone trying to sell them a product or service. Wow is This Another Reason Why Views & Sales Have Plummeted along w/The Search Results Wonky too; Humm Shoppers Getting Annoyed going Elsewhere?  *Wow Guess I'll Have to Remove More of my Favorite items to Get This Pop-Up to Go Away Again! 

1 Like
digitaldoodlebug
Conversation Maker

Still happening. I was shopping yesterday and added some items to cart (was browsing the shops other items before checking out). Then started getting nonstop popups so hit save for later on them. Well then they start sending me popups on my favorites. At that point I was done. Went somewhere else. Makes you wonder if the pushiness works on enough people to make up for those it pushes away. 

1 Like
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.