Starting today I get this new popup EVERY time I click on a listing from Search, the wording as above.. It always shows a tiny image of the most recent item I favorited.
I tried unfavoriting the item and then it started showing the next item in my favorites list. It's driving me batty.

Are others seeing it too?

Re: Pesky popup - Don't miss out on an item you've Favorited! Rare find. Add to Cart

Saw it for the first time today. I favorite lots of things and I couldn't even tell what it was it such a small picture. Can't click on it to see, just wants me to put it in the cart and buy.  Who thinks up these gimicks? I suppose some will click and buy then reverse the sale when they realise what they have done.

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
7 Likes

Re: Pesky popup - Don't miss out on an item you've Favorited! Rare find. Add to Cart

I spotted this annoying pop-up about 2 days ago. V-e-r-y IRRITATING!!!!!!!! Just another sure-fire way to drive customers right off this site!!

11 Likes
CloesCloset
Conversation Maker

Its been popping up for me for over a week, with an empty cart.... really annoying!!!!

4 Likes
OneEyeCatStudio
Conversation Maker

Honestly?

Between the constantly annoying pop ups THAT ARE NOT EVEN IN MY CART! and the fact that I no longer get purchase notifications ....

I'm getting very close to no longer shopping here.

and I'm probably not the only one.

Etsy ... WHAT TF ARE YOU THINKING!?!

ARE YOU SUICIDAL?!

17 Likes
OneEyeCatStudio
Conversation Maker

My cart pop up, that is not in my cart, is a listing from my other shop, so I finally just deactivated the listing.

That did not stop the pop up so yesterday I deleted the listing. It does not exist anymore.

And I'm still getting a pop up to buy it.

So Etsy is harassing me over and over all day long about buying something that is not even for sale on Etsy.

This is just so .......... unbelievable.

13 Likes
FeltWithAHeart
Conversation Maker

I could see it (maybe?? Maybe?? but no, not really) if I had anything sitting in my cart. But I don't, and it keeps popping up. I'm ready to get a hammer.....

8 Likes

LOL, customers are already annoyed with the messed up search and all the reseller shops claiming to be handmade.... this might push them over edge to never return here. Honestly I cannot go to car lots for this same reason and now Etsy is right up there with pushy ones.

12 Likes
Razzamazazz
Inspiration Seeker

Yep - very, very, VERY annoying!!! A great way to stop people from favouriting things. 

12 Likes

Please! Remove this annoying pop-up! I am trying to work on my shop and it takes extra time to X out the pop-up! 

10 Likes
MaggieandRose
Conversation Maker

There is a ‘feedback’ button in the sales and discounts section, I’ve just told them exactly what I think of these pop-ups, I suggest we all do the same! 

11 Likes

@MaggieandRose 

Thanks, will do the same.

1 Like

Thanks, will definitely share my opinion on this.

1 Like
VintageResquers
Inspiration Seeker

Thanks for this! Feedback sent

0 Likes

I get this ~"Save on an item you’ve Favourited! 25% off sale ends in 28 hours", when I am looking at other items.  Not even related to the item I am looking at.  It is making me want to delete all the items I have favourited.

5 Likes

I can't stand it!!! The one it's currently pestering me to 'act fast' on is actually sold LOL - the slider says 'only 0 available and in 4 baskets' lmao I better move quick, thanks Etsy! 

6 Likes

Math is hard but not that hard.

2 Likes
OneEyeCatStudio
Conversation Maker

Yes. I, too, am being pinched and pulled and taunted to buy something THAT DOES NOT EXIST!

0 Likes

@OneEyeCatStudio  lmao that may be a new level of ineptitude for them...

0 Likes

Those pop ups are seriously annoying

3 Likes

I get the very annoying. “ need help deceiding, get your friend or family opinion by sharing this listing” truly annoying

4 Likes

Please stop with the pop-ups. Distracting me I am trying to work on my shop.

2 Likes
MaggieandRose
Conversation Maker

I can just imagine messaging my friends and family with a listing link,

“do you think I should buy this?”
“what are you on about?”

”well Etsy thinks I’m completely feeble minded and can’t make up my own mind about this wondrous item, they think you can persuade me”

”I also think you’re completely feeble minded”

”ok I won’t buy it then”. 

3 Likes

@MaggieandRose  no no it's supposed to go like this:

"should I buy this thing?"

"omg yes! I will buy one too! I'll buy THREE! Buy everything!! Use the coupon."

Actually that makes me think........etsy could at some point use that as a sneaky OSA thing and wick 12-15% off you if someone actually did buy it.... Now I need it to pop up for me so I can see how it actually works. 

2 Likes
RueDeLouvain
Conversation Maker

Yes and it is sooooo annoying.

2 Likes

Agree!!!! It's driving me nuts

1 Like
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.