NL shipping profile "other"

Hi,

Im not sure, but as far as i understand in the shipping profiles its not advisable anymore to use "other".

But the issue is that my shipping profile is not showing any other option than "other" it does not show any carriers to choose from.

Could someone advise me what to do? Im shipping from The Netherlands.

Thank you so much

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
35 Replies
Amaradorn
Community Maker

Re: NL shipping profile "other"

Etsy is forcing us to specify the shipping carrier - so they removed the 'other' option.

Try making a new shipping profile and see if there is a choice of shipping carriers for NL.

1 Like

I tried all that several times in different browser too, deleting cookies etc etc. Then I wrote a forum post as I’m worried and don’t know what to do to and wish to do it right in line with seller protection

0 Likes

If you have "other", I would use it, I still have it on some listings

On the shipping profile under the ships-from country, do you have your postcode/zipcode?

1 Like

Yes, I entered the zipcode, both above the profiles and also inside the profile. Besides I have also had contact with Etsy to see if my shipping data is for  “shippingfrom The Netherlands” that was set right as well they confirmed. 
They advised to choose another carrier if yours is not in the list (so to say, not choose “other”)
but there is only “other” in the list in the shipping profiles. 
I’m worried, due to what is written in “seller protection” for “not arriving in time” new implementation. 

also Etsy says it updates automatically arrival times if they know there are delays with carrier. 
But I can’t fulfill the policies if there is no other option to choose from then “other”

0 Likes

They only removed "Other" from shipping profiles for USA and UK sellers.

https://community.etsy.com/t5/Technical-Issues/ANNOUNCEMENT-Update-Required-showing-on-Listings/m-p/...

If there is no shipping carrier list and only "other" then that's what you use.

4 Likes

That means that according to policies, if a shipment arrives later that it will re-imbursed automatically from my account and I’m not covered by seller protection. As far as I understand the new implementation

0 Likes

"Other" is still available in the Netherlands. I use it. I assume at some point Etsy will change this but until then I'll continue to use it.

2 Likes

Yes, it is available as the only option. I do not see any other carrier to choose from. For example if I say I ship from Germany you see a list of carriers with delivery times per carrier. 

0 Likes

I wonder if you suspect that this effects your standing in the algorithm lately as with me it looks like that. 

0 Likes

@OeiCeramicsIt's quite probable that it does. I use extended shipping times to the US and other countries and Etsy has said that (during the holidays) they will be pushing ahead items with short delivery times.

But I don't think just using "other" will hurt your shop. Certainly if there are no other options for us. The point is that "other" gives you the possibility to extend the delivery times - which is what Etsy doesn't like. If you don't use extended delivery times, then you should be OK.

1 Like

Thank you very much!

I'm not using extended delivery times and also fast processing times. Im using for example Fedex Priority. I would like this to be reflected especially during the holiday season for rush orders, but now I'm not given any choice. While other countries have a whole list of carriers and also Etsy tells me not to choose "other".

0 Likes

You can choose "other" if it's there

and you can put in what ever delivery times you want then

0 Likes

@OeiCeramicsIf you want to let the customer know this, you can add it to the product descriptions/FAQ/shop announcement. I don't think the customer sees what carrier you have in the shipping profile anyway (though I'm not 100% certain).

0 Likes

The customer does not see what the shipper is before, or even when they buy, only on the dispatch notification

.... or if you have choices, where they can upgrade at checkout

1 Like

Yes but Etsy is advising not to choose “other” and choose the carrier with the closest estimated arrival times if your carrier is not there. So to comply with the “seller protection” in case an order is delivered outside delivery frame arrival times. 

But if there is nothing to choose from then “other” it means im not in comply with what Etsy states. I’m in vain, and scared for orders being automatically refunded by a bot in case it is delivered outside of the time frame. 

0 Likes

If you don't choose "other" you are stuck with the delivery times the shipper provides etsy with,

If you choose "other" you can put your own estimate in.

Whichever you do, the buyer can claim late, if it's past the date, it doesn't matter if you have other, or not, it's the date that counts.

Etsy doesn't like "other", because we can put in longer dates, and customers might not buy, but it definitely covers us, if we use it properly

0 Likes
RueDeLouvain
Conversation Maker

I am in Belgium and like the Netherlands, there is no Etsy shipping available, so you have to choose your carrier in the shipping profiles. Some common carriers in our countries are not in the list so we have to choose "other" and specify the company. For example I ship often with PostNL-Belgium, it is not in the list but I write it in and the tracking works fine. 

The possibilit to choose Other has as far as I know been removed only for US and UK.

0 Likes

The issue is that there is no list showing in the shipping profile settings. Only other. 

0 Likes

I also have only "other" as an option. Only when I mark the order complete I get different options.

0 Likes

@OeiCeramics  @DaintyAndVibrant 

In the shipping profile, I can only choose options, that etsy sells labels for.

When I get to mark as complete, there are a lot of other shippers and options I can use.

1 Like

Yes, but Etsy told me to choose a carrier which reflects estimated shipping times closed to the one you use. And not to choose "other" (im not speaking about dispatch shipping notification, I'm talking about the profiles)

0 Likes

@OeiCeramics  How did Etsy tell you this? Did you use the chat? Or is it something you are reading in the help files?

0 Likes

I have been talking with support and they clearly advised me not to choose "other" (in settings of the shipping profiles). But if your shipping company is not in the list (in my list there is not even a single company....)  choose a carrier with estimated delivery dates closed to your shipper estimated delivery date.

0 Likes

@OeiCeramics  The people you get in the chat are not always the most knowledgeable and especially for details concerning countries other than the US. They probably assumed you had other options like shops do in the US. Don't take what they say too seriously. You have no other option. Fill everything in as best you can and you'll be OK. Use realistic estimates for delivery times while you can.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.