Hi,

Im not sure, but as far as i understand in the shipping profiles its not advisable anymore to use "other".

But the issue is that my shipping profile is not showing any other option than "other" it does not show any carriers to choose from.

Could someone advise me what to do? Im shipping from The Netherlands.

Thank you so much

RueDeLouvain
Conversation Maker

Re: NL shipping profile "other"

Strange though that with a shop in Netherlands your shipping profiles do not show you any options except "other". I'd contact Etsy about that because that's not how it's supposed to be. I get a list with quite a few choices, such us UPS, Fedex, Belgium Post, Mondial Relay...plus Other.

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes

Do you mean in the dispatch settings while closing an order? 

There shipping companies are showing. 
But not in the shipping profiles with the estimated arrival dates etc

0 Likes

Ive been selling on Etsy for 8+ years and there never has been anything else but the ‘Other’ option!

2 Likes

(Shipping from the Netherlands btw, using Deutsche Post. Tip for fellow Dutchies, cheaper compared to PostNL)

1 Like

Etsy probably cannot (yet) automatically estimate delivery times for the carriers that we have available in the Netherlands. Maybe they don't consider it a big enough market to put more priority to implementing this. Or maybe PostNL and others don't allow the integration? I don't know but either way this is the only option we have, so use it.

0 Likes

Thank you. I think i'm being misunderstood in this post. Im aware I can choose other. Just wondering what if an order is late, you are not protected by Seller protection during the holidays if you choose "other" ? I read to be comply with seller protection in case orders arriving late and the customer receives their money back. I have had it happening before that an automated bot made wrong decisions with my store, and it has costed me a lot of money and time to set it "right" again

Etsy also advertises for the holiday with get your gift in time or receive your money back

0 Likes

They never write that you are not protected if you choose "other". They say to choose a carrier that is closest to what you use. For us this is "other" because there is nothing else. Then you fill in the times manually and you get estimated delivery times. You are not covered if you have no estimated delivery times. But in this way you have them.

1 Like

It doesn't matter what you chose, 

choosing the shipper, or "other"  in the shipping profile,  has nothing to do with seller protection.

0 Likes

@CraftyCornishMaids@DaintyAndVibrant 

Sorry I ment the Purchase Protection program.

Im just afraid it will happen the same as happened earlier. That a purchase was automatically refunded from my account by a bot to the buyer after opening a case, my goods were received for free. It was a tracked order.

@DaintyAndVibrantI know they never wrote you are not protected if you choose other. But Etsy clearly advised me not to use other and then choose a different carrier which closest reflects your delivery times, even if that is not the carrier you are shipping with....  Before I didnt receive this advise and it was advised to use "other". So it makes me wonder... Anyway, time will tell, if the Etsy bot is gonna love me again

0 Likes

@OeiCeramics 

I have always used "other" I still have it on all international, and some local.

I use it whenever I can,

It does not make any difference to seller protection,

There are 9 hurdles to jump, it would have been one of those, that meant you were recouped from

"other" is NOT one of the nine hurdles

0 Likes

As the others above have said “other” is just fine for us in The Netherlands. I use it (am in NL) and there isn’t any other options for us when setting up shipping profiles, so all is good. Whatever the Etsy rep said was incorrect, they told you the “script” for USA and UK etc. where you have options aside from other. Sadly, it’s incompetence from an Etsy employee. 

You say you had an order refunded even though it showed delivered and you weren’t covered by the Purchase Protection Plan. Could it be that it was either delivered “late” (outside of your other estimate) or it was above $250? Because the rest looks alright. Unless you shipped with a carrier that isn’t picked up by Aftership (which is what Etsy uses to track. But if you used PostNL then it should be recognized and ok. 

But no worries, other is just fine. My top, extend the shipping days so that you don’t potentially deliver “late” which will refund a customer. I have USA for example on 7 to 20 days. Most arrive in 7-10 days but I give myself more to manage expectations. 

1 Like
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.