I accidentally set up a code with one click regarding abandoned cart that I wasnt ready to set and now I cant remove it and it frustrates and stresses me as the code is wrong and I dont want to have the discount on my whole store. I tried to contact etsy support center through the chat and it feels like it is down as I dont get any new responses. I only see old conversations and the chat is just open without anything happening. I need this issue to be fixed as soon as possible.

NoFrogsAllowed
Conversation Maker

Re: I cant deactivate promo code

If you have a button to stop sending offers, then there is nothing that Etsy is going to consider a bug and therefore nothing for them to fix.  

If buyers are given an abandoned cart coupon and are told it is good for 2 months, Etsy doesn't want you deactivating it a day after they got it, that would cause all kinds of hate and discontent.  As long as the abandoned cart coupons have an expiration date, Etsy is not going to put back the deactivate button.

If you don't have a stop sending offers button, which some sellers have reported, then that is a major cause for complaint.

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
3 Likes

Are you suggesting that the management of Etsy is opposed to "..hate and discontent.."? 

0 Likes
NoFrogsAllowed
Conversation Maker

@BruenPottery 

Amongst buyers, yes, they are opposed, among sellers they don't give a rat's tushie.

0 Likes

I stopped sending abandoned cart and favorites offers a few days ago. I just went into my coupons and noticed that the abandoned cart offer is active again. I'm not happy.

3 Likes

I’m having the same problem. It showed I needed to do some and after I did the ones I thought I had all showed back up so everything is duplicated. There’s no way to end or delete them which is frustrating. I should not have to contact Etsy support to get those this accomplished and it is more than frustrating!

0 Likes

l have just found a relevant article on you tube called     "breaking news: etsy opens the door to China..."

l guess this is the "...Switch.." part of that ole corporate Bait and Switch.

1 Like

I have no ending button for a Promo code ( 10% whole shop!), that I did not make.  I discovered it yesterday .... Etsy told me it is a known technical issue, that they are working on, and they will get back to me, but it is still there . Is there any way to get rid of it ?

1 Like
KawinekoShop
Inspiration Seeker

"At this time, we do not have a timeline for when this issue will be resolved but please know that we prioritize issues based on the impact to our members."

They are doing NOTHING. 

2 Likes
KawinekoShop
Inspiration Seeker

"At this time, we do not have a timeline for when this issue will be resolved but please know that we prioritize issues based on the impact to our members." They are doing NOTHING.

1 Like
ShopEbbettsPass
Inspiration Seeker

Literally go the same response as you. I am incredibly frustrated

1 Like
OuthausBerlin
Inspiration Seeker

Betreff: I cant deactivate promo code

They have put up a disclaimer banner on my page. It says that after you stop sending abandoned cart messages - they have 60 days to use it, and if it is a "thank you" discount then 1 year!! Which means the codes must be kept active for that period of time. 1 year is a little bit insane.. and there should have been this warning when I did it!! 

1 Like
RueDeLouvain
Conversation Maker

@OuthausBerlin The 60 days or even a year the buyer has to use the coupon is not great but it is not the issue. The problem is that we can not stop sending out new offers because the edit/deactivate/stop-sending-mail buttons have disappeared. There is also no end date so mails will keep being sent out forever until this is fixed. As of today it is still not fixed and we are now well into 5 weeks and counting. 

2 Likes

@RueDeLouvainthey are still sending my two codes (cart and thank you) even though I checked the stop sending.  And apart from the issues of codes still being sent, they are consequently still available on those scraper apps....Supposedly a tech company, but they mess things up too often!

0 Likes

Hello, I am in the Netherlands, I have the same problem. I cannot deactivate my discount promotions. Etsy says it is working on a solution. Until that solution is available, Etsy should warn us not to temporarily set up discount promotions. So that more sellers do not become victims of this problem.

3 Likes
AntiqueChic1
Inspiration Seeker

I had a Thank-you 10% discount that I could not stop or deactivate, the buttons just weren't there. It was driving me nuts! After looking everywhere for a solution I saw that Etsy wanted me to take their survey about their sales and discounts. Oh boy did I! I told them in caps that I wanted to stop the targeted offer. Tonight when I checked the offer was stopped! I don't know if the survey was what stopped it, but its worth a try. 

2 Likes

@AntiqueChic1  Thanks for the tip!

0 Likes
RueDeLouvain
Conversation Maker

Since today I notice that the following text has been added at the bottom of the Promo code dialog box:

"You stopped sending offers. No new offers will go out. The offer code will work up until the expiration date for shoppers who already received it, and it will be tracked under your discount stats."

So at least the offer has now stopped - since I did not stop it myself (since there were no buttons to do so), Etsy has ended sending new offer emails from their side. Maybe as a result of several support tickets I opened...? 

I'm glad something has been done, although the whole situation is very unclear. What will happen if I set up a new coupon or offer? Will I again be unable to end it or edit it? I'm not about to run any kind of offers or sales anymore until things have been made crystal clear!

2 Likes

I also noticed that, when before it was just white blank. there was no button or stop sending offer button. but promo codes are still on and cant turn off.  now i do see the faint text below

0 Likes

This is complete nonsense! I continually changed out my Thanks, Cart and Fav coupons to keep them from being harvested by those coupon websites. Now I can't delete the Cart and Thanks coupons which apparently are set to never end! After doing math several months ago, I am already losing 13% of every sale to Etsy fees and now an additional 10% on coupons I have no control over. Etsy always encourages us to raise prices every time they have another "great idea" to offset the nonsense. Great for Etsy's bottom line but I can't go any higher or I won't sell a thing! I am fairly certain it is not legal for Etsy to take control of our coupons this way. I feel a class action suit on the horizon and I am all in if it happens. Enough is enough Etsy!

3 Likes

you only need to increase your prices overall, to cover the amount that you are giving off with coupons,

so overall, you won't be charging any more

if you have 10% coupon, used on 25% of sales, 2.5% will cover it

so overall, you won't be charging any more

0 Likes
CreationsbyDeven
Inspiration Seeker

I have the same issue! I need a promo code removed from my shop that was made accidentally...it went to my whole shop past customers and I needed it to go to a specific digital listing that will change and I wanted my customers to come get the update with a deep discount, not MY WHOLE STORE!! The support chat cut me off and said 'have a good night,' keep a lookout on your email.  I NEED HELP NOW!! I stopped it, but Etsy emailed so many past customers I can't afford giving my shop away!!! 

2 Likes

I have been also having the same issue and contacted Customer Supper 12 days and they said they will have their engineers work on it, NOTHING HAS BEEN FIXED and people are still using the promo code and i cant turn it off.  the message below is the message i got from them and have replied numeros time but nothing back. 

Clau

12 days ago

Hi there

Good day! Thank you so much for contacting us. My name is Claudia, I hope your day so far has been pleasant.  I would like to thank you for choosing Etsy as your marketplace to sell your unique and beautiful items. I understand that you are experiencing a technical issue with your promo codes and you are not able to end these and some buyers continue using them, let me help you with this.

We would like to extend our sincere apologies for any inconveniences that may have arisen in your shop. We understand that you may have felt that your support requests were not addressed properly and that you may have loose money. 

Please be assured that our engineering team is currently working diligently to resolve this matter in your account. While we are unable to provide you with a specific timeframe for the fix, rest assured that you will receive an email notification once the issue has been resolved. Following this, you will be able to end your discounts.

Once again, thank you for your patience and understanding. If you have any other questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to let me know. I'm here to help!

At your service, Claudia

END MESSAGE

0 Likes

After contacting Etsy through "Chat" my abandoned cart coupon, that was activated in mid-March, was changed from "active" to "paused".

1 Like
PillowSpook
Inspiration Seeker

I found out I was having this issue because a sale suddenly showed a 15% off discount that was NOT activated. I can't deactivate this promo code, it shows up as "paused." My listings don't even show a discount activated from the outside. Maybe customers using add ons like Honey are the ones finding them. It's very inconvenient because I just launched a new product and was planning to stand out by having low prices.. aghhh

0 Likes

@PillowSpook 

It will be paused from sending it out to new customers,

but other customers already have it, and they have time to redeem, I have this on my e-mail from etsy for an abandoned cart....

Redeemable until 11/06/2024. This coupon is issued by the seller, is non-transferable and can only be used one time. Additional terms may apply.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.