SULGAart
Inspiration Seeker

I cant deactivate promo code

I accidentally set up a code with one click regarding abandoned cart that I wasnt ready to set and now I cant remove it and it frustrates and stresses me as the code is wrong and I dont want to have the discount on my whole store. I tried to contact etsy support center through the chat and it feels like it is down as I dont get any new responses. I only see old conversations and the chat is just open without anything happening. I need this issue to be fixed as soon as possible.

Labels (2)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
13 Likes
127 Replies

Re: I cant deactivate promo code

@SULGAart: If you are referring to the Abandoned Cart Targeted Offer, "A campaign will continue to run until you decide to stop it by choosing Details under the discount on your Sales and discounts page." https://help.etsy.com/hc/en-us/articles/115014260108-How-to-Set-Up-Sales-and-Discounts-for-Your-Shop...

As best as can be determined, abandoned cart code can be used on any item (not just the abandoned one), can be used multiple times, and has no expiration date, although we did see a announcement that Etsy is working on an enhancement to resolve those issues.

1 Like

Im having the same issue, I contacted Etsy support yesterday and they said they would escalate it and I would be contacted by email but I haven't heard anything back.

7 Likes
SULGAart
Inspiration Seeker

I have clicked set up in my profile on the abandoned cart option thinking I could edit and make my own code but it got activated and done which was horrible and now I am stuck with it. I have gone to details multiple times there is no deactivation, no edit or remove button. I am frustrated to the max. 

19 Likes

I have that issue as well.

9 Likes
hard2findstuff
Inspiration Seeker

I HAVE THIS PROBLEM AS WELL

no deactivating button !!!

11 Likes

I am also having that issue!

there is no “deactivate” when I click “details”.

9 Likes
RueDeLouvain
Conversation Maker

Same here. It is illegal as well as being totally insane. Etsy can't force sellers to offer discounts without possiblity to stop or edit the offers.

25 Likes

I’m also having this issue and Etsy knows about it and it’s like they’re doing nothing about it. 

13 Likes
AuroraSphere
Inspiration Seeker

I am having trouble removing that discount as well. ETSY PLS HELP!!!

7 Likes

This is a big problem.  I just had an order that used an old discount code, that I could not deactivate when I tried earlier this year.  I figured that no one would know about the old code, because the emails are sending the new code with a lower discount.  But, somehow a customer found it and used it, much to my dismay.  

2 Likes
PremoGizmo
Inspiration Seeker

Same issue here.  Worst feature ever!!!

0 Likes
NanaLetha
Community Maker

There is no longer a deactivation button for codes or end sale. It vanished this morning 

12 Likes

Confirming @NanaLetha's observation for both Sales and Promo Codes (although the promo details popup still has the deactivation warning / disclaimer). Hopefully just an unintended consequence of the announced Targeted Offers enhancement.

0 Likes

I just noticed this too and came here to post until I saw this thread.  I've contacted Etsy support.  They have verified the button is missing on their end too.  The error has been forwarded to the appropriate team so we should have a resolution soon.  

16 Likes

I reported the same issue yesterday so 3+ weeks and the issue is still not resolved.

9 Likes
RueDeLouvain
Conversation Maker

The resolution "coming soon" has not happened yet - you posted this on 4 March, it's now the 27th, so in over three weeks absolutely nothing has changed.

This "bug" happens to corresponds exactly to Etsy's strategy to offer discounts all the time, that a resolution will be a very long time coming.

14 Likes
PetEmbrace
Inspiration Seeker

I tried today to activate the abandoned cart offer, immediately 4 emails sent out. Then I observed there's a "stop sending" button. I clicked on that so the coupon is limited to the 4 only. But when I go to "details" of the promo code, there's no way to deactivate it. Guess have to wait until 60 days for the expiration of the code.

1 Like

This is a very serious issue for any of us who rely on Etsy for our income. The indifference is nothing new, but the severity of losing control of our prices has put a sinister cast to that whole "FAQ" version of "support". Does Etsy care? l am just thankful to have  given only a 10% discount last December which nonetheless has cost me a lot. We may be seeing a harbinger of the future of this platform. 

3 Likes
NanaLetha
Community Maker

I tried both the app and a browser- still not able to end my shop sale 

8 Likes

I just ended a sale by using my tablet, Nana Letha, and the end sale button was below all the listings in the sale. I had to hunt for it. Try that and see if it works. Good luck.

0 Likes

This is very strange! I just checked and, for me, the Etsy Promos (Thank-you, Abandoned Cart and Favorited Item) all have the "Stop Sending Offers" button at the bottom of the pop out page, but my normal "Sale" events have no option to deactivate.

2 Likes
KawinekoShop
Inspiration Seeker

You can stop sending offers but you cannot deactivate the promo code (thank you, abandoned card). Plus I don't trust that Etsy stops sending those emails, if we can't even delete those promo codes. 

2 Likes

@KawinekoShop  I don't trust that Etsy stops sending those emails.  in my shop, I had clicked the stop sending Thank you codes, but they are still being sent (I manually counted my orders number against the number of emails Etsy says were sent, but it wasn't emails, it was in the automatic message sent at purchase)  The number is exactly the same as the number of sales to date, thankfully fairly low number as my items are not lower price impulse buys.  And of course, no way to even remove that code now.  The same thing with the abandoned cart code, which appears to still be being sent since the number has increased since the last time I looked.  Thank goodness I lowered the offer amount just before Etsy implemented their time-limit restrictions to just 5€ off on orders over 50€, because someone recently still was able to use it on one combined order of two  expensive items, after I had already negotiated a slight discount for ordering both items together....No more negotiating of discounts until we can deactivate existing codes

1 Like
VogueVixens
Community Maker

@KawinekoShop 

You are right. I clicked to STOP sending within 12-14 hours of the promo code offer being created.

Etsy sent out 5 more offers within the 3 weeks!

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.