I accidentally set up a code with one click regarding abandoned cart that I wasnt ready to set and now I cant remove it and it frustrates and stresses me as the code is wrong and I dont want to have the discount on my whole store. I tried to contact etsy support center through the chat and it feels like it is down as I dont get any new responses. I only see old conversations and the chat is just open without anything happening. I need this issue to be fixed as soon as possible.

Re: I cant deactivate promo code

I am having the same problem.  The help center tonight first told me to just press the "deactivate offer" button, which does not exist.  Then she told me the reason it's not there is because I made the promo code "for all time".  Well, I never created the promo code, I simply clicked on a tab to start the "abandon cart promotion' at the beginning of the year.  We went round and round about how I set up the promo code myself and that I just need to stop sharing it with my customers.  I explained that I don't have any way of sharing the promo code to potential customers that have items in their carts and have not checked out.  I am happy to see this thread, I felt like I was going crazy!  Could anyone share if they have been successful deactivating the promotion.  I totally understand the frustration others are having with this issue.  Please give feedback on their promotion page in the  "discounts and sales survey".

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
1 Like

Same issue. I have been researching, googling, contacting them.. Same answer.  Just go to DETAILS and  deactivate .. NO DEACTIVATE OPTION TO PRESS!!!!!  I AM SO FRUSTRATED AS WELL! HEEELLLPP! 

1 Like

1 Like

I've just noticed that the number of E-mails sent in my abandoned cart offer has been increased despite the fact that I pushed the "stop  sending Emals" button. I acepted the fate to get surprises during 60 day period from the people whom emails had been already sent. I understand that it is difficult to explain them why they can't use their coupon. But, Etsy continues to send Emails. Is is an endless no-choice process or I can stop it?

1 Like
AlohaPug
Inspiration Seeker

I just had a person who placed am order come in a day later and use an abandoned cart code to place a much larger order. Can't deactivate.

0 Likes

I have the same issue. I can't deactivate abandoned cart.  

1 Like

have you tried scrolling down to "details" and changing the expiry date? - try a browser, not the app

0 Likes

It's very frustrating. I can't deactivate mine either. Someone I don't even know used a 15% off coupon. This isn't the first time, but I'm done running sales right now and I can't even turn them off....

4 Likes
MaggieandRose
Conversation Maker

There is a ‘feedback’ section in the sales and offers, I suggest we all use it! 

5 Likes

I can't deactivate a code. Thee delete button is not available.

3 Likes

I have multiple thank you codes running...they say active.. and also Etsy above them is asking me if I want to set up a thank you offer... it is totally broken on my page and no deactivate or ability to change it.

4 Likes

@JoAnneBassett I have the same.  I managed to use the 'stop sending' button the other day, but there was no 'deactivate' option available.  I think that is why 'active' is showing in our coupons - it is active for anyone who has already been sent an offer as they can still redeem it within Etsy's newly set timeframes.

2 Likes
PlayaTortuga
Inspiration Seeker

I set up codes for abandoned carts and rebuyers.  I did not notice an end date option.  I now have both of these codes active with "no end date".  There is no Deactivate button or Stop Sending option.  After activating these codes I changed my mind and wanted to run a sale instead.  Looks like I'm stuck with these.  Ridiculous!

8 Likes

100% concur!  Plus if customer "allegedly" came to me from a online search, I get the double whammy in fees!  And offering free shipping, profit is nearly gone. 

0 Likes

This is a real threat and Etsy is not taking care of it. Also, clearly this forum is not being read by anybody but the vendors. l am struggling not to lose trust in this company. Where are you, Etsy? What will this platform look like when all the actual craftsmen have been driven off? Serious question.

0 Likes
PoochandTabby
Conversation Maker

Etsy updated their Advertising and Marketing Policy on February 20th, which includes the new rules on the "Targeted Offers" (Abandon Cart, Favourited & Thank You coupons)  

See Section #3/B

https://www.etsy.com/ca/legal/advertising/?ref=list#promote

0 Likes

@PoochandTabby Thanks for sharing.

I guess Sellers seeing "no Deactivate button or Stop Sending option" are experiencing a bug then. Let's hope it gets fixed soon.

If you wish to discontinue Target Offers, you can manage or turn off your campaigns at any time from your Sales and Coupons dashboard, but any coupons that have already been sent to a buyer will remain valid and usable through their expiration date. Etsy will automatically apply expiration dates on Abandoned Cart and Thank You coupons sent through the Targeted Offers tool. Coupons will be valid until expired as indicated on the e-mailed coupon details.

0 Likes

Great

0 Likes
SkyMasters
Inspiration Seeker

Same issue for me - Sent a request for help - we shall see....   Has anyone else noticed "Etsy - Keep Commerce Human" as they are chatting with the Bot ?

4 Likes

what a cynical joke. 

0 Likes

C'est pareil pour moi. Je n'ai plus la possibilité de désactivé le code.

2 Likes

Also can't deactivate the Abandoned Cart coupon code. Help chat was no help, they say they are "working on it". Only contributing this comment to make it known it's still an issue- I wish I'd never activated it! 

3 Likes

I have tried for over a week to do deactivate mine and they are still active and people using.  Referred to etsy technical support via help chat. Will hopefully be resolved soon!

1 Like

My shop listings have all been deactivated, 185 of them, while a robot tells me "Our technical team of experts know the problem and are working to resolve it". 12 days and counting. Just feel like closing it all down and starting again but as there is now an £11 fee to do so....can't be connected surely ?

1 Like

I do NOT like this feature now that I see we cannot stop it! I just found out the code sent is active for a year!  Also, if customer "allegedly" came to me from an online search, I get the double whammy in fees, discount codes if they favorite or put inn cart!  

1 Like
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.