Can’t deactivate abandoned cart!

I have no ability to deactivate my abandoned cart promotion! I have tried “details” many times, but it’s just not there!

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
8 Likes
51 Replies
NanaLetha
Community Maker

Re: Can’t deactivate abandoned cart!

There is a "stop sending" button not deactivate.

0 Likes
CyclicRedStore
Inspiration Seeker

I have the same problem as the OP. I already clicked "stop sending offers" a few days ago, but now I want to disable it completely, so that customers can no longer use the codes that have already been sent. There used to be a "deactivate" option, but it's gone now.

9 Likes
hard2findstuff
Inspiration Seeker

I have the same problem - there is NO button !!!

4 Likes

Nope!  That button has disappeared for me.

3 Likes

There is not in fact such an option any more. Back in December when l activated the promo, there certainly was that option. l would never have used the feature if there hadn't been. lt is not clear to me that the option to end a promo is a"glitch" or somebodies' bright idea. 

1 Like

abandoned cart offers now expire 60 days after it’s sent

1 Like

Actually, that is not my experience- l started a promo in December and l cannot remove and it hasn't "expired". 

0 Likes
NanaLetha
Community Maker

@CyclicRedStore  Deactivate is gone 

1 Like
CyclicRedStore
Inspiration Seeker

And how do you prevent people from using codes that have already been sent? Will they automatically expire in 60 days like in the new Abandoned Cart offer?

0 Likes

I still have details and then when it opens up I see Stop sending.  If you are not getting  window opening up it could be that you have something blocking like ad blocker.

0 Likes

When I click "details" and scroll to the bottom of the pop-up I still see the "deactivate" button. Could be you are having a glitch that Etsy needs to look into.

@MarlenesSewingRoom @CyclicRedStore Can you edit the offers just to expire today? If you can't deactivate them directly, maybe you can at least end the offer by expiring it early? You could also check and make sure you don't have some kind of ad or cookie blocker on whatever browser you're using.

1 Like
CyclicRedStore
Inspiration Seeker

I can see the pop-up, but where the option used to be, it's now completely blank. I also tried to do it on another device, and it's still the same (no option). I think it could be a glitch... Thanks for your reply!

2 Likes

Etsy admits that their "engineers" are currently trying to fix the issue. But they have to be cornered before they even admit that this rather dire problem even exists. What is the deal, Etsy?

1 Like
CuriosityCabinet
Conversation Maker

I had a deactivate button on the fave coupon and clicked it but it still says active. I ended up contacting chat about this and like BruenPottery said, they told me they are aware of this "glitch". So we just have to keep offering coupons until Etsy gets around to fixing it??? That could take a long time, or never happen. This is unacceptable.

1 Like

I cant deactivate coupons either.  I've just raised it with Etsy Chat who had no answers either.  

4 Likes
nineteen27
Community Maker

i spoke with live chat yesterday.

he said the tech department knows about it.

and are working on how to fix it.

7 Likes

@nineteen27 

Thanks for providing customer service.  

6 Likes

same here. Something is going on. But l can't see how this situation is somehow good for Etsy, but who knows. This is part and parcel to Etsys' determination to insulate themselves from the vendors. No transparency is a very short-term policy.

1 Like

0 Likes

I discussed this issue with chat earlier this week. I have 4 active coupons. One is 2 years old and is the only one I can’t deactivate. It also happens to be the one I planned to deactivate this month. Chat forwarded the issue to the tech team and said I’d get an email. The tech team emailed me pretty quickly, which I thought was odd, and said their engineering team is aware of the issue but they don’t have a timeline for when it’ll be fixed. 

Every time they try to improve something, they break something else. 

2 Likes

It looks like the Deactivate button has only been removed for the two coupon types where Etsy has added expiration dates:
Abandoned cart offers expire 60 days from the coupon’s creation date. 
and
Post-purchase thank you coupons will expire one year from the date of their creation. 
https://help.etsy.com/hc/en-us/articles/115014260108-How-to-Set-Up-Sales-and-Discounts-for-Your-Shop...

0 Likes

I just checked my marketing offers, clicked on details and I still have a deactivate button at the bottom of the page.  I wonder if this is another Etsy experiment.  OOops, I take that back.  Things on my offers were changed and I have a stop sending offers on some of my marketing offers.

0 Likes
TBQSC
Community Maker

Targeted coupon offer details now say the following at top of each offer page ...

Thank You = ... The offer expires 1 year after it’s sent, and can only be used once. (Hovering over the "?" says ... "After an eligible customer’s order is marked as shipped, they’ll get an email with your offer. Eligible shoppers have opted in to receive Etsy marketing emails. This offer expires 1 year after it’s sent. Buyers can be sent a thank you offer again if they don’t have one that’s active. Buyers can only use each offer once, and can’t share their code.")

Abandoned Cart = ... Offer expires 60 days after it’s sent.  (Hovering over the "?" says ... "When an eligible shopper adds your item to their cart and doesn’t check out, they’ll get an email with your offer. Eligible shoppers have opted in to receive Etsy marketing emails.  This offer expires 60 days after it’s sent. Buyers can be sent an abandoned cart offer again if they don’t have one that’s active, and it’s been 30 days since they redeemed this offer. Buyers can only use each offer once, and can’t share their code".)

Favorited Items is the only one that shows it can be deactivated ... the other 2 do not have the "deactivate" text and only have the "stop sending offers" link. 

4 Likes

Well, it seems that Etsy has done it again.  Changed the rules without notifying us first.  Perhaps Etsy would prefer if I "deactivated" my listings instead.  I don't want to be forced to keep this  in place for a year.  I want to turn the marketing emails on or off at will.

4 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.