So it has been going on since Monday and I think we deserve some answers after this many days since the pinned thread has not a single update.

Any tracking manually entered or entered through a third party shipping service is only showing Pre-Transit.  I am currently up to over 75 now.

This is effecting star seller status.  Will this be addressed?

Do I have to contact Etsy support and give every single one of the over 75 order numbers to get this fixed or will the fix when it is implemented update all the tracking numbers?

It won't be long until my customers start to contact me asking what is going on with their packages and it's not a good look for my shop, or Etsy

leinweberstudio
Conversation Maker

Re: Admin I would like answers on Pre-Transit issues

Jump to solution

I have started doing the same. 

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
1 Like
leinweberstudio
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

In fact, I wonder if we need to start sending messages to our buyers that say:

"BTW, I'm not the incompetent boob this site is doing its best to present me as".

I've had a business for longer than most etsy staff and mgmt. have been alive.

4 Likes
Eclecticgoods4U
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

ecommercebytes wrote about this...everyone should go there and add commentary.....maybe this will help light a fire under Etsy's arses to get this fixed.....we all know that marketplaces do not like negative publicity!  https://www.ecommercebytes.com/C/abblog/blog.pl?/pl/2023/3/1679193197.html

5 Likes

Jump to solution

I've mentioned this before, but what really bothers me is that some sellers can get this resolved through Chat, and others cannot.  It is like the haves and the have nots.  Why can't all sellers be treated the same.  If you fix it for one, you should fix it for all if they contact chat.  I've been to Chat 4 times (both from the dashboard and from the help section) and the answer I always get is that engineering is looking into this.  Well, my first chat was on March 8 and I have a ticket number. As of this morning I've got 46 orders that say pre-transit but have been delivered.  I am doing the work around for recent orders and that seems to be working but unfortunately, I've got those older orders from March 1 that are still hanging out there.  It is very frustrating and very disappointing that ETSY hasn't fixed this for all.

10 Likes

Jump to solution

I cannot find an option to chat. My shipping on time rating is now down to 85%, even though all 116 packages shipped within 24 hours of the orders being placed. 

I don't care about star seller status, because it doesn't seem to make a difference in how much business I do. It's about all I can handle anyway, but now with this reserve and not getting paid, it's just one more awful thing about Etsy. It's all bad and all stress anymore.

5 Likes
CuriosityCabinet
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

I guess I'm one of the have nots. I contacted chat after reading this thread and was told they were passing it on to a team and I would get an email... which I haven't received. My shipping score is dropping daily even though all packages are in transit or delivered. Guess I will lose star seller because of etsy's stupid glitch.

2 Likes
bradgoodell
Community Maker

Jump to solution

I've contacted Chat twice about this, and had 2 entirely different experiences.  That convinced me that it depends on who you manage to reach on Chat.  

5 Likes
ChillwolfArt
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

@CarolinaHats   What a bloody shame that Sellers even have to do this.  And if "engineering is looking into this", why in the H is there no public Announcement to the Community, nor something about this issue which "engineers are looking into" in the Seller's Dashboards.

5 Likes
CuriosityCabinet
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

I just contacted chat again hoping to get a good rep this time and I don't even think I was chatting with a real person. Seemed like a bot. Nothing applied to my issue. Ugh. 

2 Likes

Jump to solution

What is the work around

0 Likes

Jump to solution

@JMOldeVintage I read somewhere (I apologize that I do not remember where, so I can share the link) that the issue was between Pitney Bowes and Etsy.   I also know that USPS admitted there were issues within certain apps on their website and they were working to correct it.    They apparently have because the warning banner was gone yesterday.  
    I believe Etsy feels it is our goal to retain those buyers for them, no matter what they throw at us.   I despise the tests they run on our shops, we all know by now that they do nothing but cause havoc for us, the sellers.  FIX what is broken, stop the childish competition between coding teams trying to win a stupid trophy.  Put those people to work to make the site flow again without issues.

I gave up a long time ago trying to read buyers minds.   I make sure I have all my ducks in a row incase a buyer contacts me.   
With my second contact with Etsy support via phone call the rep asked me a lot of questions which caught me off guard and will not happen again.  My call was NOT about finances, which I could understand if it were, instead it was about an issue Etsy created for tracking.  

3 Likes

Jump to solution

CozyExpressions; How did you get a phone call? I can't even get a chat. I have well over 70,000 sales and can't reach anyone about these problems. 

1 Like
fabricfetish
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

@slimchicken go to either the front page of your shop or your orders page and scroll all the way to the bottom right click on - Help or Help center, scroll down to the bottom center click on Contact etsy support/sell on etsy/shipping/shipping a buyers order/i still need help. then an option for either chat or a call back will come up.  

3 Likes
ChillwolfArt
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

@CozyExpressions 

Completely agree with you.  And during your phone call, I do hope the questions which caught you off guard were NOT privacy related.  There are enough financial glitches going on as well as Hacked Accounts.  There would be no reason for them to ask questions which threw you off guard.

3 Likes
SewLikeBetty
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

This is BS.  Etsy knows they are the problem, yet they continue to tell me I am not meeting their StarSeller standard for shipping.  They should temporarily suspend that stat, or at least put a message up that says they are working on a fix and sellers won’t be penalized.  I have wasted enough time going through my orders, banging my head in frustration trying to figure out what I did wrong.  I should not have to dig through forums to find out Etsy has a glitch.

4 Likes

Jump to solution

@fabricfetish that's exactly what  I've done 7 or 8 times now over the last week. One response which was a copy/paste that addressed absolutely nothing and I immediately wrote back, saying it had not addressed my problem and that I need someone to address the specific issue I wrote about. It says I'll get a response in 1 - 2 days and it's been 6 days. Nothing.

0 Likes
SewLikeBetty
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

I was able to get 4 out of 5 of my in transit packages fixed through chat.  The 5th one hasn’t been delivered yet, so they left it alone.  I asked if I was going to have to come back to chat and request a fix again, and they said the issue should be fixed soon, it was just shipments from the beginning of the month that had a problem because, “USPS is not giving them the updates.”  I don’t trust that since one of my packages that has already been delivered, but wasn’t marked as such on Etsy, was shipped on 3/15.  That’s not the beginning of the month.  I told them this is a horrible way to treat sellers who are jumping through their hoops to meet Etsy standards and we are getting no communication or consideration.  They said they would pass my concern along to management.  Bad enough that they charge fees on shipping not purchased through Etsy,  now it looks like they are going to want all shipping to go through them at a higher rate which means they will also collect more fees.  Thieves!

1 Like

Jump to solution

@SewLikeBetty 

Ha, from the beginning of the month! It's still happening all the time.

Also, about USPS not giving them updates... Half of the orders track without problem, so where is that tracking coming from, then?

I wish they would just say they don't understand why it's happening, and don't know how to fix it.

This all started happening at the same time Etsy did something to disconnect the PirateShip integration. I suspect that (whatever Etsy did) is likely behind this problem too.

3 Likes

Jump to solution

I think that Etsy should stop all fees intil they get this fixed.

1 Like
Eclecticgoods4U
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

Those of us not using Etsy labels will probably be forced into it, like sellers from India......They are trying to squeeze whatever money they can from us sellers to increase their bottom line. I love having some say in what I can do with my business and the choice of which partner I purchase my shipping labels from is probably the only one left on this platform.....I use Pirateship exclusively, for many reasons and I love them and their customer service and would hate to not have that option any longer.......I took a about a month or so ago.....want to take a wild guess as to what its main focus was or was not......

13 Likes

Jump to solution

I agree, Pirateship is the best for First Class packages. I use Shiprush for Fed Ex Express (which I use a lot). Etsy will lose far more money by keeping me in reserve than they would ever make on labels if I switched to their shipping. I'm fortunate that this is not my only business and I can hold out. I will do so as long as necessary but I feel horrible for those that rely on Etsy for a significant portion of their income. 

1 Like
leinweberstudio
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

...want to take a wild guess as to what its main focus was or was not......

Yep. That told me all I needed to know.

6 Likes

Jump to solution

I will never use Etsy label.

2 Likes
CuriosityCabinet
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

I don't want to use etsy labels because I'm afraid if there's an issue I will not be able to get any support due to their horrendous customer service. Plus I have several stores on different sites so I like to have all my postage in one place. If they can't fix this glitch they better not count shipping towards next month's star seller. 

2 Likes
leinweberstudio
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

Totally agree. Hardly a day goes by w/o some etsy label glitch being brought up in the forum. Why would I want to use something that's not up to my standards and constantly malfunctions? 

It's like driving a car with one wheel missing.

6 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.