So it has been going on since Monday and I think we deserve some answers after this many days since the pinned thread has not a single update.

Any tracking manually entered or entered through a third party shipping service is only showing Pre-Transit.  I am currently up to over 75 now.

This is effecting star seller status.  Will this be addressed?

Do I have to contact Etsy support and give every single one of the over 75 order numbers to get this fixed or will the fix when it is implemented update all the tracking numbers?

It won't be long until my customers start to contact me asking what is going on with their packages and it's not a good look for my shop, or Etsy

fabricfetish
Conversation Maker

Re: Admin I would like answers on Pre-Transit issues

Jump to solution

@leinweberstudio and that costs more even without the wheel and with no customer service! I love love love Pirateship!

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
6 Likes

Jump to solution

@slimchicken    I do exactly what @fabricfetish suggested you do.    @leinweberstudio there is always a glitch of some sort being reported.   If we would run our shops the way they do the marketplace, they would shut us down.

5 Likes

Jump to solution

I have had 2 fixed 2 different days but not by the chat rep. Forwarded to tech but actually fixed a bit after. They know it's an issue for many.

2 Likes
BirdsongEmporium
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

@DKVintageandBeyond how did you forward to tech? The chat on the dashboard does not work for me. In help I am only given an option for a call back. This is a time I actually want chat or email so that I can send information. A phone call really won't work well but I'm not being given any option that I can find anywhere for a working chat or to open a support ticket. 

1 Like
Eclecticgoods4U
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

just got off chat....they changed 2 to delivered and could not/would not mark the other as in transit.....IMHO this is probably intentional for those of us who use a third party for our labels and the sellers who actually use Etsy labels probably are the glitch....something along the lines of me not purchasing my labels via Etsy there may not be an update to the status......I have never had an issue before......so for those of us using a 3rd party I bet this will be our new normal unless they take away that right to use them altogether.

1 Like
fabricfetish
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

@Eclecticgoods4U When I look at my shipped orders (Via PS) for the last few days it seems they stay in pre-transit and then switch immediately to delivered skipping the in-transit part.  Not a fix for sure but a step in the right direction.  I was also told via (regular non SS chat) that they will not switch the package update unless the package shows delivered via USPS/UPS.

0 Likes
Eclecticgoods4U
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

@slimchickenI just got off chat....try it again...maybe use a different browser??? They fixed 2 of the 3 that were problematic. Good luck!

2 Likes

Jump to solution

@Eclecticgoods4U I did and was told they would pass it on to technical support. I have 116 orders incorrectly marked "pre-transit"; nearly a week's worth. We'll see how many they fix. If they fix them and I get my deposit tomorrow, I will take my shop of vaca mode. I'm not holding my breath...

3 Likes
CuriosityCabinet
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

That's what I was told too by chat rep. Said they couldn't fix mine. I'm supposed receive an email but haven't yet.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

And thank you!

0 Likes
ACertainFeel
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

My advice is to use the Help Chat, not the chat on your dashboard. I got Pretransit orders fixed both ways but it was a much easier process on the Help Chat and I received a survey of how did they do on there. No survey for shop Chat. Using Pirateship, they will only fix once delivered. I am exclusively using Etsy labels now with no Pretransit happening. I am also of the opinion if your Chat person can’t help, start another Chat till you get someone who knows what they are doing. I absolutely plan on getting back to Pirateship as soon as the dust settles on this. 

2 Likes

Jump to solution

I will not use Etsy labels, they are at least 20 percent more than Pirate Ship.

1 Like
BirdsongEmporium
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

How did you get chat through help @ACertainFeel? I'm only being given an option for a phone call and I want chat because communicating the numbers for orders and tracking won't work via phone.

0 Likes
ACertainFeel
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

@BirdsongEmporium 

Help center (bottom of your Shop page)

Scroll down to the bottom center, click on Contact Etsy Support/Sell on Etsy/Shipping/Shipping a buyers order/I still need help.

then an option for either chat or a call back will come up.

Best of luck!!!

2 Likes
BirdsongEmporium
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

Thats weird @ACertainFeel because that is the same place I have been going to but I don't have an option for chat only for a phone call. I don't want to have to try to communicate order / tracking numbers over the phone because I'm dyslexic and can get numbers all mixed up. I've been trying to find chat so that I can copy them and have them correct but I'm not being given a chat option.

0 Likes
Eclecticgoods4U
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

everyone should go here and complain....this is not fair that they are essentially forcing us to use their labels by making it difficult for us to use other options that tend to be cheaper and better... I feel Etsy needs negativity publicity over this if it is a glitch and if it is not a glitch so that others can see what they are doing to their customers.....and by customers I mean us sellers

https://www.ecommercebytes.com/C/abblog/blog.pl?/pl/2023/3/1679193197.html

5 Likes
fabricfetish
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

@TonsOfPaper Since you were able to help SimplyStaceysCrafts in this thread https://community.etsy.com/t5/All-About-Shipping/Pre-Transit/m-p/141054306#M494423 Could you please help all of us who also have tons of orders that were shipped on-time with tracking sitting in pre-transit but showing in-transit and or delivered via USPS or UPS.  

11 Likes

Jump to solution

I have the same question, I have 19 orders in pre transit, and my delivery rating is down to 84%. As above I just don't understand all this, I too watch USPS scan my packages and I get a receipt. I have had a great rating until a couple of months ago and now things just don't add up. I just really wish there was someone to talk to and explaining what is going on or if I am doing something wrong.

3 Likes

Jump to solution

7 hours ago @TonsOfPaper said that they recently pushed a fix which will prevent new orders to be stuck at pre-transit.  In this thread, here is a link to the message https://community.etsy.com/t5/Technical-Issues/usps-staying-in-pre-transit/m-p/141619349#M765633.  

1 Like

Jump to solution

I think that's referring to the fix they pushed a week ago, which didn't work.

If they did something since then, it's not mentioned on the actual announcement.

7 Likes
Funscrappers
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

I saw they said it was fixed from preventing new orders, but that is not true as the same thing happened to two of my orders yesterday.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

From the link @CarolinaHats posted above this is the post from Etsy posted 7 hours ago which would be @ 2AM EDT (also Etsy NY time):

"Kindly know that our team has pushed a fixed recently which will prevent new orders to be stuck at pre-transit. However, we're still working on updating previous orders that are stuck at 'pre-transit' so they won't have any negative impact on things like Shipping Score. 

On the other hand, as we checked the orders affecting your Star Seller, we can confirm that the tracking events are now showing on Etsy. Please know that it may take about 24 hours for this score to update."

So I take this to mean that any orders shipped today & in the future should show accurate tracking.

They are stilling trying to figure out how to get all the orders that have not updated correctly to show accurate tracking data.

But maybe the older order tracking has possibly been fixed? That somehow Etsy can see accurate tracking data? But that data still has not filtered down to each individual order yet? This step is what might take 24 hours? Really 24 hours on data that is "live" as I type on USPS' site?

Or am I the only one who hasn't had enough coffee yet & is simply confused? 

2 Likes
BetseysBeauties
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

@JMOldeVintage - I can only speak to my situation but the three orders made on March 2 & 3 in my shop remain in "pre-transit" status on Etsy, though all have been delivered.

Orders prior and subsequent to these three are accurate on Etsy. It's....strange.  

1 Like

Jump to solution

@BetseysBeauties  - I hate to say this, but I'm not sure if Etsy even knows what's happening or what will happen.

Looking at the Etsy rep. reply, they make it seem as if they "pushed thru" a "new" fix to the problem? Or was the older notice on a fix being pushed thru what they referring to?

The number of threads on the problem keeps growing. So I'm hoping they've tried a second time on a fix. 

3 Likes
ChillwolfArt
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

@JMOldeVintage  I'm confused also.  And there will be many Sellers who will most likely miss this Announcement; why not pin an Announcement to the Community either top of Technical Issues and/or Forum Announcements.  Seller Dashboard even. 

4 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.