I redeemed 100 Free listings to my store via etsy.com/promotions and I have listed 4 listings free via that promotion. But today when I tried to post my next listing the promotion I had redeemed was gone from my account. Is there a way to get that back? I had 96 more free listings and now it's no longer shows on my listing dashboard which is pretty sad

NostalgieCT
Conversation Maker

Re: 100 Free Listings Disappared

Jump to solution

@LeLightFantastic That exactly describes my situation. My sales slowed in late May and fell off a cliff in June to nothing. I've had multiple overlapping sales since the very beginning but my last sale in June was delivered and reviewed with nothing in the pipeline for July putting my shop in the red for the first time since opening due to new listings and relisting expired items.

I had expressed on another thread that I planned to stop listing rather than go into the hole further in a wait and see stance. And then in the middle of the night, kept up by fireworks and a frightened dog was the forum posting for 100 free listings...voila' my dilemma is solved. I was grateful for this admittedly small break allowing me to list without feeling like I was doing something stupid or pointless because I'm at the breakpoint of seasons, too soon for winter listings and late in the game for summer wear.

I applied the code and planned a massive photoshoot and listing bonanza this coming week then the forum brouhaha over people entitled and not entitled to get free listings. My 100 free listings disappeared. Interestingly enough they came back and I'm using them.

What bugs me about this is the tone of the conversation, the term "entitled" and the general scolding people over claiming something free that was not as far as most of us knew attached to any strings.

Free listings, I'll take it. It makes many decisions that I had to make in my semi-dead shop very easy.

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
14 Likes

Jump to solution

@NostalgieCT  That's good news.  The free listings are sure to be motivation to shops like yours to try and breathe life back into it, without feeling like it is a waste of money. I hope the now-possible restock of your shop can revive it.  Good Luck!

3 Likes
NostalgieCT
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

And they're gone again....oh well.

0 Likes
MrsDsHandKnits
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

@ CoquetteBath

me neither, never received any "advantages" in my previous years here on Etsy(2008-2016) either, so have learned to live with what could be construed as "favoritsm" or "unfairness", blah blah,blah ..which can be and most likely is encountered on most selling sites....I do my own thing and rarely concern myself with anything else. My online selling is a hobby, not a "true" business so whatever happens, happens...and right now it's a lot of "nothing happening" so I am actually letting most listings expire as I have no interest in Etsy right now...

1 Like

Jump to solution

To those who got these listings...no problems with you or for you.

I just think the angst is a bit over the top. I didn't get them. I actually can't remember ever getting anything like that from Etsy. I remember the tote bag debacle of a decade ago. Nothing came here. Others were raving on their free goodies from Etsy (tape, etc). Nada.

I'm fine with it. Someone has to get them. It is just never me. That being said, if anyone Etsy is reading this....you do you. Give them to the smaller shops...fine with me. I've never asked for a freebie in life and I've never gotten one. I'm fine with doing this 100% myself. Always have. Always will.

4 Likes
AnnaleasFinest
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

@CoquetteBath 

I would have had to give up business multiple times already then because I could not spend 20 €...

but turned it around with a strict budget....

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Hi !

I used the code but did not know it was not for everyone... I got 100 credits yesterday... They disapeared today and came back tonight.... I have trouble with Etsy emails. Even is they are turned on and adresses are in my autorized list, I never received them. Then I don't know if I'm elligible or not. I don't want trouble 🤷‍

1 Like
FoundAndFlogged
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

@VintagerieNaphtaline Same as you - I saw a forum post and used the code, unaware that I was doing anything wrong.

After 7 freebies, I got something about it being my last when putting one online. Coincidentally, it was my last of the day anyway. I wasn't worried one way or the other, 20 bucks is chicken feed in the great scheme of things.

I've just done a new listing, and I'm still showing 93 credits. I'm a bit mystified now, I wasn't given this code by Etsy yet they haven't retrieved the remaining credits.

So, 92 left now. Next thing I did was had a look at the forum & saw this thread, now I'm worried...

I noted your last few words "I don't want trouble". Of course you don't and nor do any of us, but things we read here make us fearful of retribution.

We were going great guns this week, but we've been dead in the water for 24 hours - Coincidence? maybe - how has your day been?

0 Likes

Jump to solution

@FoundandFlogged

My English is not perfect. I think you ask if I did sales ? It is really slow since 10 days. I usually make 1 or 2 sales a day... Now 3 in 7 days !

1 Like
FoundAndFlogged
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

@VintagerieNaphtaline Désolé d'entendre cela Fanny, vous avez une belle boutique.
J'espère que les affaires s'améliorent pour vous, bon week-end.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Thank you ! You too!

0 Likes
WantableDesigns
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

I have 79 left and I just made another one then it popped up 'you just used your last free listing' and they're all gone. The follow up message earlier today did state that any outstanding ones would be credited after the promotion ends on July 15th. It was attached to a survey and I think we now have to wait until the survey period has ended.

0 Likes
WantableDesigns
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

Not only that, I get the 'you just used your last free listing' on everything I do, even if I just revise a listing to add an extra photo.

0 Likes
HelChampDesigns
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

Did you receive them after July 15th?

I answered the survey in to first message with the code at the begin, from the Etsy message to get the free listing.

I filled then the form when they said to fill it before July 15th to receive back the free listing.

Not July 20th, no news of the free listing on my side.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Because no one else has said this…

This is a problem with Etsy’s basic operating system that Etsy has ignored for years.

How many sellers have come to the Forum complaining that their private coupon code has been posted all over and is now being used by a bunch of people to get discounts?

Etsy never cared about those complaints, and now it’s happened to them.  Sorry, but I have very little sympathy.

31 Likes
ChillwolfArt
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

@PlatypusDream 

I do try to keep abreast of things even though I'm not always present, but I had no idea about this.

0 Likes

Jump to solution
The saga continues…
I used the code shared on Sunday, great! 100 free listings.
I used 11 of them - some on new listings, some to renew expired listings.
Yesterday (Wednesday).. they were removed. Within a couple hours they were back.
This morning I checked & still has 89 listings showing.
I started listing. I renewed a few, I listed a few. 16 new, 5 renews.
Now the free listings are completely gone…. Again

So far, nothing was “charged” on my finance page.. anyway.. if anything changes I’ll let you know! 
Etsy really can’t get things sorted, can they??

2 Likes
NostalgieCT
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

I used three free and was charged for a fourth listing that was in process when the free listings were rescinded. I wondered why it took so long to process. Now I know.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

My free listings came and disappeared, too, only to come back yesterday, and disappear again today.

I did a couple of new listings, and the number of free listings went from 100 to 98, no charge on my finance page.

I renewed 5 listings, and wasn't charged for them, but the number of free listings stayed at 98, instead of going down to 93.

So something was definitely messed up, and not surprised they disappeared, and don't expect them to come back.

1 Like
HelChampDesigns
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

@LemonsLoot

The code was not for renew listing, so that is maybe why some appear in you financial page to pay. Was wrote with the code that was for new listing only.

0 Likes
9ElizabethStreet
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

Funny/not funny adjacent issue: when this issued popped up, even Marmelade was "outing" the coupon code. So I followed the topic to a link on Google for "Etsy coupon codes," which resulted in an actual search ON ETSY for coupon codes. Believe it or not (and I know you will), there are shops that are selling digital downloads for coupon codes. To major retail stores that are not Etsy. The world is full of just one scammer after another, as well as people desperate for those discounts. Wonder how long it will take to get those shut down? ROFL

4 Likes
ChillwolfArt
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

@9ElizabethStreet 

Re: "Believe it or not.."  I had no freakin' idea.  I've not seen the Threads either, which @PlatypusDream  posted above.
(Beginning to think I live under a rock, no joke).  I'm not always present, but do try to keep abreast of things.  So much for that.

1 Like

Jump to solution

etsy will email you the form to reinstate the free listings.

my offer appeared again today after I fill out the form, they were here this morning, now they are gone again

there was something about July 15 in the message, so maybe that's when they will give it to us back?

3 Likes

Jump to solution

I think it's an experiment and they're still playing.  I saw it in a facebook group and used it, told everyone I know who has a shop here and it worked for a few days.  

It motivated me during this slow period to work on stale expired listings rather than working elsewhere where I sell.  If one of them sells, Etsy makes over $25 on average.    And imo, Etsy SHOULD run free listings on occasion.  It is tiny for them but somehow a motivator during a time when people have lost heart. 

I don't know why people have a problem with sellers grabbing free listings, or assume they can't afford 20 cents, but then, I am for sellers, not Etsy Corp.  They can well afford losing 20 cents on the hope of making dollars in fees or will make it up when those items that wouldn't have been listed the past few days are renewed.

19 Likes
LastCentury
Community Maker

Jump to solution

100% - Was it a short term debacle or was it an Etsy masterminded plan???? Either way they made up for it in sales fees right away with sellers listing more items and I'm sure buyers buying & offsite ads selling.

2 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.