Hello! My sign shop on etsy is called Authentic Signs! I am currently selling aluminum signs with vinyl graphics applied. All of my designs are original or spinoffs on real signs you see in everyday life. Other signs I sell are miniature versions of real traffic and safety signs. Some of my graphic elements are hand drawn and then re-drawn on the computer. Often, I just get my pen tool out on the computer and just start drawing away.

I am currently experimenting with some new signs that I will release later here on etsy that are hand painted and stained. All of the signs are made from reclaimed pallet wood that I have been cutting down into sign blanks.

I noticed there was no team for sign makers & sign admirers so I wanted to start one here on Etsy. I make all of my signs at home and hope to grow my etsy business. I am looking forward to networking and meeting other sign makers!

You can introduce yourself here! Please try and favorite all the shops you find on here!

visit me at www.authenticsigns.etsy.com

fan me at www.facebook.com/authenticsignsllc

follow me at www.twitter.com/authentic_signs
Former_Member
Not applicable

Re: Introduce Yourself

Hey all, I'm happy to join everyone on the sign team! I make freehand lettered signs using reclaimed wood and eco-friendly paint. I've been doing custom work on the side and opened up the Etsy shop a couple of months ago. I am in awe of all the success stories out there, and look forward to learning from/sharing with all of you.
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hello my name is Anita and my shop is DsignDen. I create wood signs that I hand paint. I love to create motivational, meaningful and encouraging quotes on my boards. I also like a little sassy too. I also do coat racks, key, necklace, earring holders and bottle openers too. I'm happy to be part of this group and selling on Etsy.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hello,
I am a new sign maker and love it. I hand paint all my signs and love learning new techniques.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hello All!

I'm a fine artist/ crafter based in California right now, but originally from Michigan! I create hand-painted signs, fine art, vinyl works, and decor. I am so happy to have found this team to connect with others that do what I do! I focus on modern/ colorful design, and also a little bit of rustic. I cut, stain, paint, and design my own graphics and layouts...I do it all! I am a one-woman show :)

My shop is a little sad atm, I'm working on my titles and tags to get more views etc. I have a lot to learn and look forward to doing so here!!
I look forward to meeting you all, as well, and if you'd like to see what I make you can find me here:

www.etsy.com/shop/kstevensarts

www.facebook.com/kstevensarts

www.instagram.com/kstevensarts

www.twitter.com/kstevensarts

Thanks for letting me join!!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi guys! I haven't been very active lately @loxigolddecor because my son is having an awful time this winter with being sick! Annnnyway, I was pondering the use of making vinyl stencils so I can make more than one sign every 3 days! I researched the Silhouette stencil vinyl and its reviews are awful and you only get one 12x24 sheet for $10! Do any of you use stencils/make stencils or have any advice how to make more than one sign a week! Also, let me
Know you Instagram account name so I can follow you! I love IG! Thanks my creative Etsy friends! 🌺
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hello! I use decoupage, canvas panels, ribbon and glitter to make my signs. Prints of my original paintings and illustrations are decoupaged on to each sign. Looking forward to checking out other team members shops!

https://www.etsy.com/listing/269723529/blue-willow-sign-joy-2-6x4?ref=shop_home_active_24
0 Likes

HI!

I decided to turn my graphic designs into something more creative, so my husband and I started The Quirky Image. We wanted to create fun signs that were unique. We experimented for hours and found an image transfer technique that works well. I design the graphics in Photoshop, we transfer the images, and he does the sealing and hardware application.
I must admit, this little guy is my favorite, but don't tell the others!

https://www.etsy.com/listing/269829925/crab-with-mallet-wood-wall-art-beach?ref=shop_home_feat_2
0 Likes

Hey all! We are a fairly new shop on Etsy making custom carved signs and lithophanes. My wife and I work together to create new designs, cut, paint, package and ship.

Check us out @
Etsy: https://www.etsy.com/shop/LifeInGrain
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/LifeInGrainOH
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lifeingrain_
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hey Y'all!

I just opened The Redbud Studio earlier this month. I had no idea that teams even existed so I am so excited to be apart of a group of such amazing makers!

A little about my shop... I create from start to finish wood signs. I have several stock piece but also do custom wood sign. I hand paint and hand letter everything. I don't use stencils or vinyl (typography classes finally being used!).

Check out The Redbud Studio at:
Etsy: https://www.etsy.com/shop/TheRedbudStudio
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/The-Redbud-Studio-1540012552963409/
Instagram: @redbud_studio

0 Likes
HoneybeeSVG
Inspiration Seeker

Hello Everybody!
My name is Jennie and I make signs for my home, but sell cut files on Etsy for sign makers.
I love to design my twist on things that spark my interest.
I'm excited to meet the team!
My shop is www.etsy.com/shop/honeybeesvg
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Glad to have found a sign team. My signs are created with what I may be feeling at the time. I love to use rustic wood but also use plywood or boards. My paintings are each unique, not perfect, but unique. Each one is free handed and I really enjoy it. I think it kind of looks like folk art. I love using inspirational quotes. I always try to keep a positive outlook on life and love to spread the joy. I just opened my shop maybe 2 weeks ago, so I am new and a little nervous about others seeing what I see in my paintings. Thanks for having me and I look forward to getting to know others.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi! I currently have notebooks in my shop but typically make wood signs. I was on a long hiatus for a while and now I'm working on increasing my inventory.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hey Everyone!! I am very new to Etsy and I'm looking for some help...I am wondering for all you sign makers that use wood...what kind of wood are you using?
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hello everyone I am Pat, I started Etsy about a month or so ago, I started with industrial style furniture and have just started (first listing was yesterday) some shabby chic sign design using reclaimed wood, let me know what you think

https://www.etsy.com/shop/ChipmunkDesignsShop
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

0 Likes

Hi all,

I'm relatively new to Etsy and looking forward to connecting with fellow sign makers. I just started this past January making signs and furniture using reclaimed wood and driftwood and I am absolutely hooked. For now I am selling items on my etsy shop and also have some of them in a small boutique shop on the North Fork of Long Island. I'd love to network and learn best practices from you all. Looking forward to connecting.

Best-

Dan

Instagram: @northforkroots
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hello! I am new to Etsy. I have started making signs selling to friends and family and decided to take my signs to Etsy. Still learning as I go. I look forward to talking with you all! What a great hobby we have! Thank you!
Tori
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hello! I'm very new to etsy and just learning the ropes. I've got a long way to go but I saw this team and just had to join. Looking forward to learning all that I can! :)
0 Likes

Hello All, Amber from Sassy Dsigns here :) I have been making signs for a year now. Kinda stumbled upon by accident and fell in love!! I mainly use pallet wood but use other reclaimed woods also
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hello
I've been on Etsy now for a few months, I'd love to join a sign making team. I hand paint signs and boxes. I hope to grow my business over the next year so that I can make a living from it in the future. I'd love to hear about the experience of others as they have grown their market and developed their products.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi everyone! My mom and I own a sign business which gives twenty percent back to local area rescues! Nice to meet everyone! Come visit us at:

https://www.etsy.com/shop/NanasAtticNeedville
https://www.facebook.com/nanasattic1100
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hello Team!

I am new to this team, and to start off, let me introduce myself, My name is Belinda and I opened my etsy shop in 2015 when i made my first sign. I closed it down because I was just to busy with life to run pay any attention to my shop. Well, about 6 months ago I was blessed with an amazing opportunity to stay home! I took advantage of that and my husband built a craft room for me and bought me all the supplies I needed to start my small business. I have a passion for crafts and for painting, when I made my first sign it triggered something in me. I knew that it was what I wanted to do and I ran with it and I have not lost that passion since then. Since I have re-opened my shop I have made 10 sales and for me its not about the money, its about making customers smile and creating a piece that will find unique spot in their home that they will forever enjoy as well.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Im Kristy Vestal! Just recently opened my shop so I'm really just starting out. I am currently mostly doing string art, but i do have some other things i will be adding to my shop too other than signs. :) I hope I get an order soon. Any tips for getting good product pictures and making your profile more appealing?
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.