Introduce Yourself

Hello! My sign shop on etsy is called Authentic Signs! I am currently selling aluminum signs with vinyl graphics applied. All of my designs are original or spinoffs on real signs you see in everyday life. Other signs I sell are miniature versions of real traffic and safety signs. Some of my graphic elements are hand drawn and then re-drawn on the computer. Often, I just get my pen tool out on the computer and just start drawing away.

I am currently experimenting with some new signs that I will release later here on etsy that are hand painted and stained. All of the signs are made from reclaimed pallet wood that I have been cutting down into sign blanks.

I noticed there was no team for sign makers & sign admirers so I wanted to start one here on Etsy. I make all of my signs at home and hope to grow my etsy business. I am looking forward to networking and meeting other sign makers!

You can introduce yourself here! Please try and favorite all the shops you find on here!

visit me at www.authenticsigns.etsy.com

fan me at www.facebook.com/authenticsignsllc

follow me at www.twitter.com/authentic_signs
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
268 Replies
Former_Member
Not applicable

Re: Introduce Yourself

I saw the name of the team and had to join. :)
My signs are hand painted & hand lettered... I love typography and letters and logos and words!
0 Likes

nice to meet you sarah! I hope other ppl will introduce themselves too!

I like your shop! It is nice to see handpainted items.

0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi, I'm Angel...Ryan and I work together on our signs at night. During the day we both work a day job. We have four children between us and our first one together on the way.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hello, my name is Nikki and I just started making my signs last month. I've sold a bunch to friends and coworkers since then so I wanted to give etsy and business cards a try. I use wood scraps, make my own stencils, paint with acrylic paint and sand to distress them...oh, and soda tabs on the back to hang them. I'm obsessed with making them - they are so much fun! I'm glad there is a sign group to join and look forward to learning new things and sharing.
0 Likes
PatchSigns
Registered Buyer

Hi, folks !!! Joe from PatchSigns here... I'm really very new to etsy so be gentle with me because I bruise so easily. ha ha. I'm more of a traditional sign engraver using an old fashioned rotary cutter pantograph machine. I checked before-hand with etsy if I could still try and set up shop here and they said that selling under supplies is much like making things through a sewing machine with crafts... and so... here I am. Much Blessings to all of you. Much like my "Star-Creature's" logo's symbols... may you have Good Luck, Surprise and Success.
0 Likes

Hi everyone. I'm coming up on a year on etsy and it's been interesting year to say the least. One sale led to two and now it's full steam ahead knowing what themes I need to focus on. I work primarily with wood from pallets (it's free!) and I enjoy giving them a beat up, distressed look. I'm a father of 3 growing children and I also coach basketball, as well as being a teacher.
0 Likes

Hello,

Just saw this team and knew it was for me! I love making signs I have painted for many years and find that signs is what I enjoy making the most.
0 Likes
PatchSigns
Registered Buyer

This is so cool...! I just got my very first order yesterday !!!! The sign is already engraved and shipped !!!! This is kind of neat.
0 Likes

Didn’t know there was a sign team, glad to see it !

Nearly all of my signs are made from solid hardwood. I use either Oak boards or upcycled cabinet doors to engrave into. My designs are based off of Victorian / old west / 1800’s signage. Since starting my shop here, I’ve learned a lot, still lots left to learn though.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi fellow sign makers/appreciaters!! I've been selling on etsy for about a month now and I love it so far! I'm learning a lot (especially about shipping... that seems to be the biggest hang-up for me). I really enjoy working with wood and paint, I find it so relaxing. I also work a regular 9-5 job so I've been very busy! Its great to be able to connect with some other people who share my love!
0 Likes

Hello Again! Wanted to say hi to all the new people introducing themselves on here. I have gone through and hearted your shops. I'm really glad we are getting some new people joining and some conversation going on here!

I want to encourage people to start new topics if there is something that you would like to discuss. This team may take a little time to build up but I have faith it will grow with time and interest! If anyone has trouble posting or ideas for this team you may also privately contact me.

Again! Nice too meet all the new people!

0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hello fellow sign makers! I've been making signs for over a yr and after much encouragement from family FINALLY joined Etsy. So glad I did! Have been really enjoying the work that it has opened up for me. My 24/7 job is being a stay at home mom so this has really added some fun outside of the norm. Looking forward to learning and sharing the ups and downs of sign making.
0 Likes

Hi! I'm Amanda. I opened my shop today. I sold my first piece and now I'm hooked! Shipping is tricky though. Any tips?
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi All!

My name is Tosia and I have had a shop on Etsy doing invitations and gifts but I was also selling vinyl car window decals as well. Just last month took a leap and purchased a vinyl cutter and plan on expanding my vinyl sign business. So far I am just looking for ideas on what to make but plan on having some new items in my store soon. I can also make custom lettering for car windows to advertise your etsy business or if you have a brick and mortar shop I can do the lettering for your windows.
Thanks AuthenticSigns for starting this team!!
0 Likes
PatchSigns
Registered Buyer

Hello and Welcome to Magdaly, Amanda and Tosia. Much Blessings and Success to all of you and to all of the Team Members.

To Amanda... you can calculate prices for shipping very easily by going to www.usps.com and while there you can put in the weight, the size of the package (because sometimes the shape of the package can determine balloon size weights or surcharges) and the zipcode.

Because the post office... with packages over 13 ounces (Priority and Parcel Post designations) the zip code will determine the price. Since I'm in New Jersey... for me to ship a package to California would be more money than for me to ship to New York City...

Good Luck !!! Sell away !!!
0 Likes

Hello :)

All of my signs are made from knotty pine. I feel the imperfections and knots truly add character to the sign. I hand stencil the signs with acrylic paint and sand the edges. I have been doing the signs now for approx. 2 years but just recently came to Etsy. I do sell at craft shows but would prefer to cut down on the shows and sell right from home.
0 Likes

Hello :)

All of my signs are made from knotty pine. I feel the imperfections and knots truly add character to the sign. I hand stencil the signs with acrylic paint and sand the edges. I have been doing the signs now for approx. 2 years but just recently came to Etsy. I do sell at craft shows but would prefer to cut down on the shows and sell right from home.
0 Likes
PatchSigns
Registered Buyer

Welcome, Heather !!! Good Luck with selling on etsy !!!!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hello there!
I ran across this team and thought it was perfect for me! I actually went to school for 'Sign Design and Hand Lettering' and loved everything about it. Art has always been in my blood and signs were a great way to bring in an income, but still have some creativeness each day. I love playing with different fonts, colors and layouts and have started doing more since finding Etsy as an outlet. (You can only give away so many presents before everyone you know has something you've made - ha!)
Our shop has really taken off with old sign letters that my sister and I rummage for but we're in the process of getting our studio set up. We hope to get more into the paints and mixed media that always seem to have words or quotes on them.
Love to see everyone's shops - there are so many different ways to make a sign and enjoy seeing all the great ideas! Happy to be a part of it. -Shila
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi,

My name is Taylor, and I am from Blue Bonnet Rustics. My fiance and I specialize in wood signs, and we discovered our passion for making wood signs while we were working on some for our wedding and rehearsal dinner! We are a new shop, and we LOVE it so far! We specialize in all custom, made-to-order sign, and we love meeting new customers that always have new ideas!

I have included some of our work below to see! :)

https://www.etsy.com/listing/112564318/texas-flag-custom-wood-sign-14-x-19
https://www.etsy.com/listing/112234584/15-off-in-this-house-customized-handmade
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi I'm George and much like Sarah (Page 1) I hand paint all of my signs and hand draw all of the lettering. I love using reclaimed material. I'm also very new to Etsy- like Joseph and am still waiting for my first sale... Hopefully soon.

I have a passion for type and lettering so it's nice to find a team for signs!

Here's one of mine

https://www.etsy.com/listing/112495090/hoorah
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi! I'm Olivia, and I just opened my Etsy sign shop. I live in Fayetteville, Arkansas and have a little business called Sleet City Decor. I'm following my stepdad's footsteps by hand painting signs, he's been a sign painter for close to 30 years. I have a booth at a hip vintage mall where i sell my signs, refurbished furniture and other handmade items. I also do a lot if craft shows.

I'm so glad I found this group!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi from Kit,
I'm fairly new on etsy and love my retirement avocation of making hand painted wood signs. I'm hoping I can get some good tips as well as support from this team. I'm so happy I found you.
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.