Hello! My sign shop on etsy is called Authentic Signs! I am currently selling aluminum signs with vinyl graphics applied. All of my designs are original or spinoffs on real signs you see in everyday life. Other signs I sell are miniature versions of real traffic and safety signs. Some of my graphic elements are hand drawn and then re-drawn on the computer. Often, I just get my pen tool out on the computer and just start drawing away.

I am currently experimenting with some new signs that I will release later here on etsy that are hand painted and stained. All of the signs are made from reclaimed pallet wood that I have been cutting down into sign blanks.

I noticed there was no team for sign makers & sign admirers so I wanted to start one here on Etsy. I make all of my signs at home and hope to grow my etsy business. I am looking forward to networking and meeting other sign makers!

You can introduce yourself here! Please try and favorite all the shops you find on here!

visit me at www.authenticsigns.etsy.com

fan me at www.facebook.com/authenticsignsllc

follow me at www.twitter.com/authentic_signs
Former_Member
Not applicable

Re: Introduce Yourself

Hi my name is Sherri. I've been selling my signs on Etsy for about a year. I paint wood signs and do mostly custom orders.
I'm so excited to have found this group, and looking forward to networking with like minded people!!! :)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

New to this!!!
Www.rusticcreationoflove.etsy.com
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Www.facebook.com/rusticcreationoflove
New to this!
0 Likes

Hi my name is Jennette and I opened my store back in 2010. I'm from Roblin, Manitoba and I love making all kinds of rustic wood signs, pallet signs,growth charts and other crafty items. I've been very slow at setting up my Etsy shop since I have a full time job doing accounting & income tax. I've been trying to keep this as a hobby but at the same time trying to grow it a little more.

I'm so glad I found some fellow sign makers out there even though we each have our own technique of doing things. Thanks for letting me join. I went through the whole list to check out all the shops and it looks like everyone is doing a great job! Keep up the good work!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi there! I'm Nicole (one of) and we started our shop in June of this year. We are from Springdale, Arkansas and we love to try new things and just see what we can make. Locally we do a lot of custom orders. I'm looking forward to learning the best way to run our shop!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hello all! My specialty is personalized signs and wreaths adorned with personalized signs. I do have a few, non-personalized seasonal items as well. My signs are painted and antiqued and then I add vinyl lettering, I'm excited to join this team!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi! My name is Karen and I started my Etsy shop a few months ago. My husband does landscaping work and started bringing home old fence boards so I started making signs with them. It's been a lot of fun. I have really enjoyed doing custom orders, too.

It's nice to meet like minded creators. I hope to visit a lot of your shops and find some stuff to favourite.

My Facebook page is here:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Babayayas-Handmade-Creations/628536210546276

Feel free to come visit and like my page. (Any likes are appreciated as someone who is just starting out :) ) And, of course, feel free to like my Etsy shop, too (or even certain items).
0 Likes
SignCreation
Inspiration Seeker

Hi Y'all I have recently opened a sign store on Etsy called SignCreation and wanted to connect to a sign team for support and growth. I found yours and joined. Thanks

I have been an artist for over 35 years- my other store on Etsy is Linsartwork where I have been selling my greeting cards and original art for over 3 years now. I was a professional sign maker years ago for a small sign company in CT. Now I do all types of signs for fun and profit. I also added my wooden christmas plaques and ornaments as well. most of my sign art is either antiqued, country-fied or shabby chic as I love that look. I use reclaimed wood or new, whatever I can get my hands on. I am expanding my line of signs to include a little bit of everything.

looking forward to sharing and comparing notes

Have a great rest of the week
Cheers
Linda
0 Likes

YAY - a sign team!! I started my sign business about a year ago and considering it's just a part-time gig for me, I am very happy with the success I've seen in these first 11 months. I paint my signs onto framed hardwood panels instead of solid wood. My husband is super handy, but when it comes to cutting wood - not so much. Plus, I like the way they look - elegant with a shabby twist. Anyway - I am super happy to be a part of this team and can't wait to help each other out. Cheers - Jen
0 Likes

Hi All, I started painting signs in January for friends and family. My daughter convinced me to start a facebook page, followed by an Etsy Store. What started as a super fun hobby has grown into a super fun business!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hello! I'm Natasha. 4 years ago my daughter was born, I struggled to find an affordable personalized item that matched her nursery so I made my own. Using what I had on hand, I created a personalized block set for her. Friend after friend asked after them and soon Sweet Peas & Honey Bees was born. I quickly began sign making to expand my business. Creating matching blocks, signs and everything in between. I now offer home and holiday decor as well as my foundation...nursery decor. I couldn't imagine doing anything else with myself! Truly a passion I didn't realize I had come to life.

My business is booming, I've just recently opened my etsy shop and am allready hooked. Etsy has always been my go to for holiday shopping, I'm over the moon to have a little piece of the etsy world to call my own. My signs are made of birch or fir, hand painted or stenciled, in stock and custom. Sealed and ready to hang with attached hangers. My husband and I welcomed our second baby girl last year, life is busy! But it's a beautiful ride...
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi everyone! I JUST opened my shop last month. I am hoping to learn lots here! I know there are a TON of pallet sign makers out there and the competition is crazy, but it's worth a shot right?

I'm doing my first craft fair at the end of October and if anyone has any advice or experience with how to display wood signs, PLEASE feel free to share with me!!

Thank you for all of your support in advance!!

xoxo
Goldi
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi, my name is George. I have been in the sign business for 42 years. I also do a lot of pinstriping on cars and motorcycles. I thought etsy might be a place to sell a few fun things but it seems to be too complicated for me. My shop has been open for nine months and still no sales. I get a few views daily and some likes but my patience has worn thin. :)
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hello everyone! We are fairly new to etsy. We opened a shop about a month ago. No sales yet, but still learning. Looking forward to being a part of this team!
0 Likes

Hello...
I create signs and wall decor from salvaged Repurposed wood. Although many of my pieces are of my photography and graphic designs I do create custom signs and other signage as well. I am a Jill of All Trades there's No Jack About it! Thats one of my signs as well and was published in Somerset Studio Gallery magazine this last June.
Thank you for having me.
Michelle E. Black
www.mishkablack.com
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hello, my name is Wren.

My shop is called Wrenegade Woodworks, it started as a means of income before my daughter was born, building home furnishing (mostly wall hanging) such as coat hangers, mail boxes, wine racks... although I still love the wine racks and will eventually have those available on here... first step was moving on to recycled palette wood... due to my green views on the amount of waste our nation produces and also, due to the low upfront cost of these materials... second step was, due to their popularity, focusing primarily on sign making and the versatility of this craft. I had people having me make custom signs for their kids to hang ribbons from, door name plates for their infants rooms, house numbers, garden signs, etc.

I have recently started posting pre-made signs on etsy... although most of my business thus far has been consigned custom work.

Visit my etsy shop at:

www.etsy.com/shop/wrenegadewoodworks

and like me on facebook at:

www.facebook.com/wwwsigns
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hello Everyone! I opened my shop last month and am excited to be apart of the ETSY community! I make handpainted rustic signs as well as sell home decor antiques!
All of the wood I used to make my signs are from recycled wood I find or I also use pallets. All of my signs are painted with acrylic paint and range in different sizes and styles! I have had great success with some of my lyric signs recently!

Come see the shop etsy.com/shop/raggedrelicstx

LIKE me of FB facebook.com/raggedrelics

Follow me twitter.com/raggedrelicstx
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi, sign makers! :) My Name is Trinity and I started on Etsy making wreaths but have since started painting on canvas and some wood and just love it. I do quotes, sayings...whatever inspires me that day ;)

Check out my FB page and my shop!
facebook.com/pinkladybugcreations
etsy.com/shop/pinkladybugcreations <3
0 Likes

Hello, thank you for letting me join. I have been looking for a team for sign making. I began sign making on Etsy May 2014 this year. I have come along way but, would like to gain knowledge from others on this sign making. I use all new lumber pinewood. I hand sand with an electric hand sander on each board. I use acrylic paint on each sign. I use a variety of stencils and free hand. I have only sold a limited amount of my signs on Etsy. More sells to family and friends in person. I had one craft fair and sold a few. I really do enjoy making these signs. But, I really feel I am missing something in making them.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi everyone! I just opened my sign shop a few days ago and am excited to see a place where sign makers and admirers can meet, come together and support each other! I hand paint and stencil my signs on pine board or whatever wood scraps my husband has lying around. It's fun and I love the creative process!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi! I opened my shop a month ago, I sell hand painted shirts and signs (LOTR,sherlock,doctor who,harry potter) I just use scraps of wood from around my house,sand and paint them. I mostly just love the painting process of making them :)
0 Likes

Hello everyone! I am so happy I found this team! I love reading all the discussions, there is so much great information! I recently opened my shop at the end of November 2014. I haven't been able to put as much time as I would like into my shop because of the busy holidays, making signs for family and friends and my day time job. Well the holidays are over and my day job comes to an end in January, and I am ready to work on making my shop successful and filling it up with fun hand painted signs:)
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi everyone! I just opened my Etsy store last week and am working to fill it with inventory currently so it's a little sparse but please stop by if you get a chance! I started making signs for our wedding that's coming up in April and figured maybe someone else might like my designs as well so here I am! :)

https://www.etsy.com/shop/LoveSupplyCo
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.