Hello! My sign shop on etsy is called Authentic Signs! I am currently selling aluminum signs with vinyl graphics applied. All of my designs are original or spinoffs on real signs you see in everyday life. Other signs I sell are miniature versions of real traffic and safety signs. Some of my graphic elements are hand drawn and then re-drawn on the computer. Often, I just get my pen tool out on the computer and just start drawing away.

I am currently experimenting with some new signs that I will release later here on etsy that are hand painted and stained. All of the signs are made from reclaimed pallet wood that I have been cutting down into sign blanks.

I noticed there was no team for sign makers & sign admirers so I wanted to start one here on Etsy. I make all of my signs at home and hope to grow my etsy business. I am looking forward to networking and meeting other sign makers!

You can introduce yourself here! Please try and favorite all the shops you find on here!

visit me at www.authenticsigns.etsy.com

fan me at www.facebook.com/authenticsignsllc

follow me at www.twitter.com/authentic_signs
Former_Member
Not applicable

Re: Introduce Yourself

Hi, my name is Jeni and I just started my hand painted sign business in September. I am having tons of fun and love it. I use reclaimed pallet wood for all of my signs. I am excited for advice and to learn about other sign makers.
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hey everyone! I'm new to Etsy and I make hand-painted wooden signs. My signs are made on pine wood. I'm excited to be a part of this team!

Also, since I'm still learning about Etsy, I'd appreciate any tips, advice, critiques you can offer for me! Thank you!
0 Likes

Hi I am newly retired. I began making signs for holiday gifts it was so much fun and relaxing that I decided to open an Esty account. In trying to find ways to get more exposure I found this team. I hope to be able to learn from everyone and share with others with the same hobby and passion
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hey everyone, Marie from NJ.. I'm new to this team and 9 months new to etsy. I make racks and shelves out of reclaimed wood mainly for jewelry storage purposes.. I recently started making welcome signs with the pallet wood scraps I had leftover and all I want to do now is make more signs! Looking forward to being on this team, check me out & I'll return the favor :)

www.facebook.com/thepovertybarn
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi! I'm VERY new to all this
There are some very talented and creative sign makers posting on here - great work! : )

Hello from West Yorkshire UK

Matt
0 Likes
MamaSaysSigns
Inspiration Seeker

Hi everyone my names Brittany and I just opened my etsy shop mama says signs this week. I make hand painted signs, and have been selling through Facebook and locally for a little over a year quite successfully, but thought I'd like to broaden my horizons. Any help anyone can give me about this etsy thing would be welcomed:)
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi everyone! My fiance and I decided to start making signs to save for our upcoming wedding. I do most of the work on the signs as he owns a business that takes most of his time. I love anything rustic or shabby chic, and love making new creations. Our shop is slowly growing, so stay tuned for new items!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi everyone, I've just joined Etsy and hand paint wooden signs too! Very happy to find this team.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi. I'm new to Etsy. My shop is called Rustic Ruox. I specialize in reclaimed wood and pallet signs that are all stained and hand painted.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hello! We joined this group about a month ago and have slowly been setting up our Etsy page.
At the end of 2014, my husbands' parents decided to retire from their company, Saltbox Signs. My husband and I decided in August of 2014, as they were at the beginning of their retirement phase, that we would like to continue making and creating the same signs, original and custom, that my husband, Joe, had helped his parents create for over 12 years.
And so began the idea of Well Spoken Home Decor.
We hand paint, hand stain and hand stencil each and every board individually.
And also create and take custom sign ideas.
Please visit our site, wellspokenhomedecor.com
I would also appreciate any ideas on how to generate traffic to our Etsy page. We are also on Amazon and have had no problem generating business to our signs, but Esty seems to be a completely different machine. Please email me at wellspokenhomedecor@gmail.com if you have any ideas on generating new business to share!

Thanks so much and I wish good luck to all!

0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hello!

Our signs are all painted and relieved carved with cnc machine. I am a model maker by trade and wanted to buy a small cnc machine and well.. my wife said i needed to pay for it somehow so I made up my first custom sign for a friend and loved it so much I felt I needed to share it with the world.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/225009351/custom-hand-made-hanging-wood-family

My wife is handy with a crochet hook so we built a shop together. We also have partnered with my mother-in-law and added some items from her artisan soap business SunburstSoaps.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/WoodNHook

Follow us:

Twitter:
@WoodNHook

Pinterest:
http://www.pinterest.com/woodnhook/

Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/WoodnhookDesigns
0 Likes

Hi!

My signs are a little different from most of yours, I think! My signs are for baby carrier handles or strollers with a message to protect the little one inside from the curious hands of strangers. Phrases and fabrics can be customized :)

I am new to Etsy but want to make this work! I am a stay at home mom to 4 kids, the youngest with Brittle Bones and all proceeds will go to cover her medical care and hopefully eventually to help others!

Please take a look and give advice! Thank you!
0 Likes

Hello! I'm excited about opening my shop a few days ago! I'm still learning all about etsy and how everything works! I'd love it if you come favorite my shop! Ill be looking all of you guys up! Can't wait to see all the beautiful signs! I look forward to learning and becoming apart of the Etsy world :-)
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hello!!

I'm a baby to the Etsy world and have everything to learn! Looking forward to reading through these forums and hopefully getting my shop up and running! It's been sitting in a dark hole of Etsy with only 4 sales.

I make wood, hand painted sings. I make other small wood items as well but haven't got any of them up yet.

If anyone has time to stop by my shop and give me some feedback I would be sooo appreciative!!

Looking forward to getting to know this team and how it all works!

Thanks!!
0 Likes
Ajminteriors
Inspiration Seeker

Hi my name is Nicole and I make hand painted signs using reclaimed wood, mdf board, canvas or anything unique! I am an Interior Designer by profession. I will salvage what I can from jobsites and repurpose them into wall signs & decor. I work with a variety of styles, utilizing stencils, hand lettering, masks and more. I am new to Etsy and am just trying to find the best ways to promote my shop.

Visit me at www.etsy.com/shop/ajmiteriors
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi, my name is Mandie. My shop is Rustic Ruox and I specialize in reclaimed wood signs and decor. Here is some of my listings... Thanks for looking.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/225399715/newly-wed-sign?ref=shop_home_active_1

https://www.etsy.com/listing/225397608/alaska-life-state-of-alaska-alaska?ref=shop_home_active_5

0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi everyone! I'm a long time buyer with Etsy, and I recently opened up shop! I love love love making signs and I'm excited to learn more about what Etsy has to offer. While I'm proud of my work, I'm struggling a bit with my photos. I don't think the pictures I've posted accurately depict my work. They seem to come out fuzzy or off color. Any veterans out there have any advice? Thanks!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hello! I just started a shop called StencilTownCrafts and I sell homemade, handpainted ( or stained depending on the sign ) wooden signs. I absolutely love doing anything crafty and being able to make something with my own hands! I have some signs up now but I can do custom orders if you ask. Im excited to see all of what Etsy has to offer! Take a look and I hope you enjoy!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hello, I'm Cindy. I just opened ReverieLife last month and I am so excited for this new adventure. ReverieLife is unique, fun Folk Art for living. You will find that each piece will add a touch of whimsy to any place you choose. Every piece is hand made, so there are no two that are exactly the same. Life is a gift and I feel so very lucky to have found my passion. I hope that you can enjoy what I have enjoyed so much creating.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hello, I'm Mike and I love working with metal. My goal is to become a mechanical engineer. I have built my own CNC machine and use it to cut out all the signs I design. I also accept custom orders and will work with the buyer to ensure they love the item they order. I also weld, fabricate, airbrush, and write my own programs for my CNC.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hey all!!! My name is Amanda and my shop is BirdiesReclaimed. :) Barn wood signs, rescued furniture and more!!

I'm just getting started out so i'm a bit lost and timid, but I'm a fast learner! Any pointers anyone may have are most definitely apprectiated!! I'm open to suggestions and LOVE talking to people!

Check out my shop and let me know what you think!!
0 Likes

I love to hand paint all my signs as well. I use old scrap wood from the lumbar yard and discarded cutting boards to transform into an inspirational quote. Hope you like my shop!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi, I'm Kelly! This is my first joining of a team, as I am newer to Etsy as a seller and am still trying to figure things out! When I was just shopping things were much much easier ;)
I started out making wine racks from pallets and have branched out to just about anything really! I especially love creating hand painted signs and I will definitely have much more to come!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hello everyone! I'm Kelsey and I'm somewhat new to Etsy. I just opened my shop yesterday and I'm excited to start selling and learning more to improve my shop. I love finding new things to create, but my specialty is making wood signs. I have these signs hanging all over my house and I hope other people will enjoy them too!
0 Likes
ForestofNature
Inspiration Seeker

I am new to etsy, i do woodburned and handpainted wall art as well as signs. Still have yet to have a sale on here. Hopefully soon.
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.