Re: Post Everything Here

Jump to solution

Montana would have to abide by our gun laws. No permit required for a purchase of a firearm. Not acceptable. I am behind the votes for Hawaii & California. Canada should invite Puerto Rico to join as we wouldn't treat them the way trump treats them, as second class citizens.

I have been thinking for decades that BC should take on Alaska. One gets tired of telling Americans that yes, you have to travel through BC to Alaska. We could expand Yukon Territory to encompass Alaska, then NA would look neat & tidy.

Now I will sit back & wait to see if our anonymous reporter reports this post.

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
1 Like

Jump to solution

A trillion for Montana seems pricey, how about the west coast states instead. No more picking on California and it would give us a nice route to Mexico too ;)

That was supposed to be a reply, these new forums bite.

1 Like

Jump to solution

California, Hawaii or the U.S Virgin Islands would get my vote.

1 Like

Jump to solution

I'm also in CA and would vote to be sold to Canada just for the healthcare alone. I'm not a very polite person though, so I hope fellow Canadians won't expect me to assimilate. ;)

3 Likes

Jump to solution

Montana is the best choice since it is land locked.  Imagine trying to build a wall around Hawaii or the coast of CA.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Just read that Sean Spicer has got himself a new job

If you can't beat 'em, sorta join 'em? That might be the mantra for the newest special correspondent for the newsmagazine show "Extra": Sean Spicer, the former White House press secretary better known for taking questions from reporters than posing them himself.

The gig is a version of the talk show the former Trump-er had been shopping to various networks in which he planned to interview newsmakers in casual settings. 

A celebrity gossip tv program seems to be the perfect "factual" news program for the current WH interviews. 

0 Likes

Jump to solution

John Kasich got a job on CNN.  Anti women's rights supporter.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Kasich always sounds reasonable when I watch him on Maher & late night, but then reading his record & opinions...he certainly has a way of sounding moderate without actually being moderate. 

3 Likes

Jump to solution

Kasich wanted to withhold funding from rape crisis centers if they gave out information for abortions, much like what trump is doing now to Planned Parenthood.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Dee, just posted about CNN, you have to scroll up to see it. Short version, they are the new FOX.

I really need to figure out this new format.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

I have never watched CNN, but have been disappointed to hear about some of their recent hires. 

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Synopsis of the Headlines

Mueller watch: the special counsel’s reporter will, in fact, not be out next week, according to the latest reports. The chairs of six House committees wrote to Attorney General Bill Barr today saying that they expect the report to be made public.

Trump’s most famous “both sides” moment came when he praised the “very fine people on both sides” of the deadly neo-Nazi rallies in Charlottesville, Virginia. Today, told reporters that he does not believe his rhetoric played any role in inspiring a neo-Nazi coast guard officer was accused of planning an act of domestic terrorism. Federal prosecutors said the man had assembled a list of targets, including prominent Democrats and media figures. “I think my language is very nice,” Trump said.

Hasson's hit list includes Democratic politicians -- Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, of New York, Sens. Chuck Schumer of New York, Cory Booker of New Jersey, Richard Blumenthal of Connecticut and Kamala Harris of California, as well as former Rep. Beto O'Rourke of Texas -- as well as CNN journalists Don Lemon, Chris Cuomo and Van Jones and MSNBC's Chris Hayes, Ari Melber and Joe Scarborough.

The White House continues to ignore the congressional requirement to submit a “comprehensive, interagency national strategy for countering violent extremism,” which was due in June. The fact is that Washington has provided neither funding nor a comprehensive strategy to prevent violent extremist attacks in the United States.

Unlike in Australia, Canada, and across Europe, few, if any, non-law enforcement alternatives for families and other members of the community to use to report concerning behavior exist.

Obama initiative -This included a $10 million federal program to support locally led efforts to prevent and counter all forms of violent extremism.

Trump’s Department of Homeland Security budget has eliminated money for that initiative, thanks to former DHS Secretary John Kelly’s decision to withdraw funding for organizations focusing on right-wing domestic extremists.

1 Like

Jump to solution

Did anyone really think that Mueller was done? So many more indictiments, like junior & kushner, before that happens. 

1 Like

Jump to solution

Even though the democrats are demanding the report be published and open to the public, I'm betting the repubs will try to hide it or redact most of it.

oh I wish they would hurry up. I can't stand another two years of this disgusting mess of an administration. My blood pressure can't take it.

1 Like

Jump to solution

Guys, just a heads up. CNN owner Zucker is a friend of Trump. They just hired a former Jeff Session flack to lead edit the 2020 election news, name is Sarah Isgur. Today's stories includes the chop edited video of Diane Feinstein and the kids, along with the story about Amy Klobacher eating salad with a comb. It's just going to get worse. Time to go to MSNBC full time.

0 Likes
MariaSoleil
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

Interesting.  

0 Likes

Jump to solution

I read about this. I love the story about Amy eating salad with a comb, makes me want to vote for her even more. ;)

1 Like

Jump to solution

Shows that she can adapt to circumstances when needed. A crucial asset when you are dealing with this US administration.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Miss the old forums where we could quote trump and get reaction from his base. Anyone catch him last night rabbling on about Kim and how tremendous this summit is going to be, and in the next breath, down plays it all as maybe not going to be that tremendous.

1 Like

Jump to solution

trump being nasty again.

Around dawn on Monday, from the White House, Trump duly responded with a nasty personal jab.

He wrote: “Be nice if Spike Lee could read his notes or better yet not have to use notes at all when doing his racist hit on your president.”

He also claimed he had “done more for African Americans (Criminal Justice Reform, Lowest Unemployment numbers in History, Tax Cuts, etc) than almost any other Pres[ident]!”

Trump regularly claims to have done great things for African Americans, among whom unemployment has indeed hit historic lows. Such claims ignore stark economic disparities affecting African Americans and the economic record of the Obama administration.

The figure is volatile on a monthly basis. After achieving a record low of 5.9 percent in May, it has since jumped back up to 6.6 percent.

Facts

•  The median net worth of a black household is just $17,200, according to the Federal Reserve. The median net worth of a white household is 10 times higher. Back in 2004, the median net worth for whites was only seven times higher.
  • The homeownership rate for black Americans has fallen since Trump became president to 41.6 percent, according to the Census Bureau. The gap between white homeownership and black homeownership is now the widest since 1995
  • Census figures show the average income for a black college graduate is $64,486, about $13,000 less than what a white college graduate earns.
  •  Student debt for someone who is black is $32,047, almost double the average for someone who is white, according to a 2016 study by the Urban Institute.                                                   
  • Obama inherited an economy in the worst tailspin since the Great Depression began in 1929, while Trump came into office after seven years of economic growth. 
  • The US economy added about 3 million jobs for black workers during Obama’s tenure, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics

Aaron Sojourner, a professor of economics at the University of Minnesota and a former senior economist at the White House Council of Economic Advisers for Obama and Trump, said this context was the key difference between the two presidents’ records. AP

“The administration was born on third base and wants to make us think they hit a triple,” he said.

2 Likes

Jump to solution

“The administration was born on third base and wants to make us think they hit a triple,”

Sounds exactly right.

2 Likes

Jump to solution

Some on the right whine that the word racism is overused but not when trump does it. There was nothing racist in what Spike Lee said, trump is **bleep** delusional and a whiney little suck.

“The administration was born on third base and wants to make us think they hit a triple,” he said.

Describes him perfectly, along with his spawn. So gross.

1 Like

Jump to solution

Hmm, so * d a m n * is a word worth bleeping in the new version of Etsy. Are we adults still.

1 Like

Jump to solution

Some quotes I found regarding the Berlin Wall, since many trump followers are now saying that they didn't vote for trump based on his campaign promise of building a wall & that they don't expect him to build the wall.

"Nobody has the intention of building a wall." June 15th 1961, Construction on the wall started 2 m"The Wall will be standing in 50 and even in 100 years" - GDR head of state Erich Honecker, East Berlin, January 19th 1989onths later

“Above all, don't shoot at your fellow countrymen!” I remember how often East German citizens were shot trying to get to the West. Nearly 80 persons were killed trying to flee communism.

"Mister Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - US President Ronald Reagan, West Berlin, June 12th 1987

"The Wall will be standing in 50 and even in 100 years" - GDR head of state Erich Honecker, East Berlin, January 19th 1989

I particularly like this African saying “Many small people, who in many small places do many small things, can alter the face of the world.” 

The Wall was not brought down by Washington, Bonn or Moscow. It was razed to the ground by the courageous and intrepid people, from both the East and the West.

2 Likes

Jump to solution

Anyone watching the Cohen hearing before congress ?  It's only just started and before Cohen has even had a chance to read his opening statement the repubs have tried to postpone the hearing, and started to trash Cohen bigly. We know he lied to congress before and he's been convicted and sentenced, so he has no reason to lie any more. I think he just wants to set the record straight now that he has absolutely no reason to protect trumpty dumpty.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.