Post Everything Here

Jump to solution

https://i.etsystatic.com/icm/980bda/192207589/icm_fullxfull.192207589_4r6ub1oit7cwsgwcgc4w.png?version=0

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
5 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
OwlTalk
Crafty Poster

Re: Post Everything Here

Jump to solution

I don't understand--- did someone report a post?? What for?

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3,643 Replies

Jump to solution

picture above is thanks to JC who put it together and sent it to me. Thanks JC!

7 Likes

Jump to solution

So good to have found you! bonjour to all! I have missed you.

Love the picture by the way - does make me think of old time journalists... I learned to type on an Underwood made sometime in the late 1800s.

4 Likes

Jump to solution

Hi Sylvie!

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Bonjour Sylvie,

Found it! Thank you for the convo.

It's my very first post in the new Forums, so please forgive me if I make a mess of it, I can't fathom it all out, it's a right dog's breakfast, but maybe it's just that my old brain can't adjust!

Bon weekend everyone.

2 Likes

Jump to solution

Pure luck that I found this Team/Thread. Not sure if I'm posting a "nested reply" or a "new post" but trying to mark this. Right now the forums are confusing, slow to load or are refusing to load for me.

It should be an interesting week in the political arena & will check back as often as possible. (Have an ill Kitty wearing a "cone-of-shame", oh what we don't do for our pets)

Love the Typewriter. Till later.....Dottysmom

1 Like

Jump to solution

glad you all found us!

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Trump Had A Bizarre Meeting With Right-Wing Activist Ginni Thomas: Report

Virginia “Ginni” Thomas is married to Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas and loves sharing right-wing memes on Facebook.

Ginni Thomas, the wife of Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas, has long been involved in far-right activism but a recent White House meeting with President Donald Trump, reported by the New York Times, is raising eyebrows.

Trump listened “quietly” while Thomas and a group of ultra-conservative activists criticized transgender people, women in the military and Republican leadership last week, according to the paper. The group convened for about an hour in the Roosevelt Room, where Trump sat “saying little but appearing taken aback,” the Times reported citing three unnamed sources familiar with the matter. 

They began with a prayer, the paper’s sources said. Attendees also prayed at various times throughout the session. 

Thomas, who operates a one-woman political consultancy, has been criticized in recent months for pushing more obviously partisan messages than some deem appropriate for the spouse of a justice of the Supreme Court, an institution that has recently seen its impartiality questioned.

Over Facebook, she regularly posts unvarnished praise for Trump and slams Democratic leadership. This week, she shared a racist meme about immigrants. (Not her first.) Thomas once called the Parkland, Florida, school shooting survivors “dangerous to the survival of our nation” because of their battle for stronger gun control policy. 

Others at the meeting were Connie Hair, chief of staff to Rep. Louie Gohmert (R-Texas); Frank Gaffney, an anti-Muslim conspiracy theorist; and Rosemary Jenks, who works for the anti-immigration group NumbersUSA ― along with around six White House aides, the Times reported.

Thomas and Hair were particularly hung up on certain administrative appointments they wanted Trump to make, accusing White House aides of blocking them, according to the report. 

One woman present reportedly argued that all women should be barred from military service due to their physical differences from men.

Someone also told the president that Republican congressional leaders should be “tarred and feathered” over the partial government shutdown, although the attendees apparently did not say what the leaders should have been doing. While news of the meeting comes just after the White House agreed to temporarily reopen the federal government, at the time the shutdown would have seemed indefinite. 

At one point, Trump pulled his daughter Ivanka Trump, who is also a White House aide, into the meeting, “saying she would be beloved if she were serving a liberal president, instead of getting negative news coverage.”

The unusual meeting reportedly came to be after the president and first lady dined with the justice and his wife but had been delayed for months, the Times said.  

1 Like

Jump to solution

I know I should be surprised at this, but I'm not really. 

0 Likes

Jump to solution

So does this coincide with the Supreme Court granting the Trump administration’s request to allow it to bar most transgender people from serving in the military? That came about Jan 22nd.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

I'm checking in to say that I prefer the single thread too. It makes keeping up easier.

2 Likes

Jump to solution

I was posting under "Trump Had A Bizarre Meeting" - or so I thought. 

Sorry - I will get the hang of it.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

it posted correctly under that. : )

0 Likes

Jump to solution

I like the single thread also.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

okay will leave the single thread. I think what I will do is post a  separate thread if I post any predictions this way it isn't in the way of the other posts.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Trump tweeting again about global warming.  It would be funny, if it weren't so sad.  And even sadder that people like this walk amongst us ...

President Trump has reduced temperatures to RECORD LOWS in the Mid West What did Obama ever do to lower the temperature?

2 Likes

Jump to solution
"What did Obama ever do to lower the temperature?" He left the White House.
0 Likes

Jump to solution

Leave it to Rachel Maddow to find out where Trumps duct-taped women in really fast cars came from ...  A movie.   Sicaro.  

https://www.palmerreport.com/analysis/women-duct-taped-cars-trump/15578/

3 Likes

Jump to solution
Hurrah! A single thread! G'day all. Is the Mueller investigation close to being completed?
0 Likes

Jump to solution

If you can believe an AG that was a pitch man for inter- galactic vacations and high rise toilets then I suppose it could be true.

1 Like

Jump to solution

other people have confirmed what the AG said. I don't know who because that is all they said on the news today.

0 Likes
OwlTalk
Crafty Poster

Jump to solution

Wishful thinking? Not sure if it's true and also maybe only part of it might be over --- there seems to be so much information and work for the investigators to go through.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

"In the beautiful Midwest, windchill temperatures are reaching minus 60 degrees, the coldest ever recorded. In coming days, expected to get even colder. People can’t last outside even for minutes. What the hell is going on with Global Waming? Please come back fast, we need you!"

Trump's tweet from last night. He's giving every indication he does not understand Climate Change (never mind that he can't spell).

That it's Whitaker currently saying the Mueller Investigation is close to being done may be absolutely nothing but wishful thinking. But, since Stone arrested & charged maybe those still in Trump's 'circle' should be worried(?)

1 Like

Jump to solution

When making his case for a giant border wall, Donald Trump has turned to a variety of strange talking points. At a White House event earlier this month, for example, the president marveled at the quality of the vehicles used by human traffickers “[T]hey have unbelievable vehicles. They make a lot of money. They have the best vehicles you can buy. They have stronger, bigger and faster vehicles than our police have and than ICE has, and the Border Patrol have.”

About a week later, Trump published a tweet intended to raise public anxieties about activities at the U.S./Mexico border.

“Border rancher: ‘We’ve found prayer rugs out here. It’s unreal.’ Washington Examiner People coming across the Southern Border from many countries, some of which would be a big surprise.”

Last week, the Republican turned to one of his go-to stories, which he’s peddled many times.

“Human traffickers – the victims are women and children. Maybe to a lesser extent, believe or not, children. Women are tied up. They’re bound. Duct tape put around their faces, around their mouths. In many cases, they can’t even breathe. They’re put in the backs of cars or vans or trucks.”

It’s tempting to dismiss all of this as just another round of nonsense from a president who too often has no idea what he’s saying, but in this case, these three Trump talking points have two things in common.

First, they’re demonstrably false. There’s nothing especially amazing about smugglers’ vehicles; there’s no evidence at all of prayer rugs being found in the dirt by the border (in fact, the whole idea is kind of silly); and experts have marveled at how bizarre Trump’s claims are about women tied up with tape.

Second, each of these appeared in a recent fictional movie.

No, seriously. As Rachel Maddow noted on the show last night, there’s a movie called Sicario: Day of the Soldado, which was released last summer, and which included a woman being tied up with tape, smugglers driving vast vehicles, and officials finding prayer rugs in the dirt near the border.

Again, just so we’re all clear, the movie is real, but the story is fictional. The script was written by screenwriters, not documentarians. The plot of the film is made up, as are the characters and developments that unfolded on screen.

As Rachel added, “In a normal administration, it would be insane to suggest” the president of the United States saw stuff in a movie and maybe thought it reflected reality. And who knows, maybe it’s just a coincidence.

But let’s not miss the forest for the trees: Donald Trump’s observations about the border are so at odds with reality that there are reasonable questions as to how in the world he even came up with such strange ideas.

1 Like

Jump to solution
Prayer rugs- seriously? I suppose they think the anti-Muslim rhetoric plays well with Trump fans. Anti-Muslim fear mongering in the US has helped stoke and perpetuate fear of Islam and is reinforcing negative stereotypes. How desperately sad.
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.