We take cheating very seriously on the ART Team. If evidence of cheating is found, you will be contacted and expected to take appropriate action. If repeated cheating continues, you'll be removed.

To help, please contact Etsy and request that Team Captains and Leaders are given tools to help prevent cheating and that duplicate/false shops are removed at: www.etsy.com/help/contact

THANKS!

Re: Cheaters

Jump to solution

Hi Mike, I am contacting you regarding your "Pinterest Followers" thread. It has happened a couple of times that I posted my link and then a person after me posted theirs - but I did not get any new followers when I checked my Pinterest account. I am still not 100% proficient on pinterest - is there a way to check WHO is following you? The last cheater happened today and I reported him to Etsy. Growing tired of these people.   

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
1 Like

Jump to solution

@MyShackDM There use to be a way to see your followers on Pinterest, but I can't find it now.  I looked up some solutions and they don't exist.  Does anyone else have the answer?

As for cheating, it's become a severe issue since Etsy "upgraded" to this platform in February 2019.  Many of the old features either don't exist or don't work.  Many of the new features are so time-consuming and cumbersome that it's useless.  I really suggest you let Etsy know about the cheating problems at: www.etsy.com/help/contact and/or https://community.etsy.com/t5/Technical-Issues/What-Is-Happening-With-Etsy-Teams/m-p/126298021#M4888...  In my experience, Etsy only fixes problems they hear about over and over and over from many people.

THANKS!

1 Like

Jump to solution

Hey guys, to find Followers&Following go to your profile, open Community tab and you'll see 2 'rows' : one with Followers and beneath it is Following. Click the small gray arrow on the right end to open the "list". I made a screenshot but cannot/don't know how to upload it here. Hope this helps.

2 Likes

Jump to solution

Thanks for help UniqueArtGiftsBy3xRe! I found it :0)

Sending love to Prague! I come from Slovakia.

2 Likes

Jump to solution

@ArtShopUniqueGifts THANKS! I'll head over there right now to look

0 Likes

Jump to solution

@MikeKrausArt

Can you please remove the cheaters? Is so simple to solve, as soon as someone cheats several times we report you on this tread and you remove him from the group. It's so unfair! I'm in other groups and that's how they do it. Please Mike!

2 Likes

Jump to solution

@puralavanda It would be "so simple" if the "report feature" was functional.  Since Etsy "upgraded" to this Lithium platform in February 2019, many of the functions don't work, like the one I mentioned.  Removing repeat offenders is nearly impossible because we can't search members.  So, I have to go through the nearly 38,000 members to remove just 1 person.  Or, the delete post function works sporadically.  

In small groups, this can be a little easier.  If you only have 4 posts a day, it's quick to see the cheater.  If you only have 70 members, the search to remove is far quicker.  

To fix this issue, I ask that you contact Etsy at: www.etsy.com/help/contact and let them know you want Captains and Leaders of teams to have the necessary tools to manage their teams. 

THANKS AGAIN and STAY SAFE!

3 Likes

Jump to solution

@puralavanda  PS - Here's a thread dedicated to fixing the bugs in Etsy Teams.  Some have been resolved.  Many have not.  THANKS AGAIN!

2 Likes

Jump to solution

@MikeKrausArtthank you for your reply! Ok, I understand! In this way I realize that is really humanly impossible to clean up the cheaters of the team. Okay, I have to live with this! I will contact Etsy as you say, maybe you can open a thread with a predefined message to fix this issue, for every honest shop can send this message to the Etsy support... to make some noise Thank you and have a nice day!

2 Likes

Jump to solution

@puralavanda Hopefully Etsy will resolve these issues in the near future.  Especially, when members continuously let them know about these design flaws.  

As for notifications, please view:

https://community.etsy.com/t5/art/IMPORTANT-ETSY-NEWS-UPDATES/gpm-p/113839074#M2393679

2nd post on: https://community.etsy.com/t5/art/PINTERESTaTHON-Thursday-May-14th/gpm-p/130334423#M3752611

https://community.etsy.com/t5/art/NOTICE-Issues-with-cheaters-navigation-reporting-invites-images/gp...

THANKS AGAIN!

2 Likes

Jump to solution

@MikeKrausArt 

thank you Mike!

2 Likes
Silkraft
Crafty Poster

Jump to solution

Whenever I notice that somebody has been cheating, I send them a message. Often they then favorite or pin or whatever it was they were supposed to do. If they don't I just pass over them when I see them in other threads.

3 Likes

Jump to solution

Hi,

I found that in this group there is a member that instead of posting a link to the listing, posted an hidden link to search for the article. What can we do about that?

2 Likes

Jump to solution

@Silkraft @BohoCoolKit To fix the cheating issue, I ask that you contact Etsy at: www.etsy.com/help/contact and let them know you want Captains and Leaders of teams to have the necessary tools to removed bad posts, improve reporting, search members, and manage their teams. 

THANKS!

1 Like

Jump to solution

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE EXPLAIN WHY THIS SHOP CONTINUES TO POST HERE?

Posts 5996
Solutions 0
Likes Given 0
Likes Received 1789

This shop posts everywhere and nobody is stopping them...........WHY? We all play fair, Mike you need to remove this shop from our team!

2 Likes

Jump to solution

@CoCoBlueTreasures 

I completely share your frustration. And, several shops are on a list for removals once Etsy makes that possible.

GOOD NEWS: Etsy is updating Teams in January 2021 (community.etsy.com/t5/Etsy-Community-News/We-re-launching-a-new-Teams-ex...). I highly suggest contacting Etsy at www.etsy.com/help/contact and request that they provide Captains the ability rights/restrictions for leaders, spam management tools, and member search for removals.

THANKS AGAIN and HAPPY HOLIDAYS!
Mike

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Mike, what does this "violation" mean? We see this every now and then. I have it on my name today, and wonder why? Is it because I told someone she was cheating repeatedly and she complained or something? Trying to understand. Thanks, Roosmarijn

0 Likes

Jump to solution

@heARTsongpaintings Thanks for asking. There's pretty much two reasons people receive violations. 1) They don't favor listing, which you say you did. Or 2) They publicly accuse others of not favoriting items. There are other reasons like multiple posts, wrong links, etc. Unfortunately, I don't remember your post specifically. And Etsy's system isn't sophisticated enough for me to look. THANKS AGAIN and HAPPY SALES! -Mike

1 Like

Jump to solution

@MikeKrausArt ok thanks, then I know what it is, I corrected a post of myself twice because I put in the wrong content. So I deleted my post twice, I understand now that AI of Etsy might have seen that as a 'violation'. thanks, I will be more cautious before I post. 

1 Like

Jump to solution

There is a newer shop on here that is cheating at every game he plays. I report him every day and nothing gets done. It's getting old to constantly report him and see no action being taken.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

@ArtisticPlanetStudio I apologize about your experience.  Unfortunately, the "report inappropriate content" feature has been disabled by Etsy/Lithium.  So, reports don't go to anyone.  I don't know why they don't remove it from the options until they fix the feature.  Etsy/Lithium has set up a place to send Team complaints.  I really suggest letting them know how annoying this is:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/19he4zbKSk20A0lb4x0YvF_QE8Pmc6Cr2ieHRRJqK-nM/viewform?edit_requested...

0 Likes

Jump to solution

@MikeKrausArt  If I give you a link to the shop is there anything you can do? Because we can't call them out in the game or else we get in trouble, which is so not fair. These shops can cheat over and over again and nobody can call them out, or report them. What is worse is that I have written to this shop and kindly informed him of the rules and it's like it went in one ear and out the other.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

@ArtisticPlanetStudio please feel free to contact me about cheaters.  I do have a warning list.  After enough violations, they are removed from the team.  THANKS!

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Hey Mike, just sent you a topic related message.

Thank you for this thread

0 Likes

Jump to solution

@MikeKrausArt  Sent and thanks It's an everyday dilemma with this shop, never hearting anybody.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.