We take cheating very seriously on the ART Team. If evidence of cheating is found, you will be contacted and expected to take appropriate action. If repeated cheating continues, you'll be removed.

To help, please contact Etsy and request that Team Captains and Leaders are given tools to help prevent cheating and that duplicate/false shops are removed at: www.etsy.com/help/contact

THANKS!

Re: Cheaters

Jump to solution

@MikeKrausArt can designbyturkay be removed from the art team yet? He always posts but never returns any of them and most of the time it's a shop link or Instagram page link rather than an item like. Also davetipton exact same reasons

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
1 Like

Jump to solution

@DigitalAndDelicate Thanks for your message.  I've been receiving hundreds of messages lately relating to some changes, updates, and glitches Etsy has made to Teams.  Some of this has enabled cheating.  Some of this doesn't allow me to correct issues.  

Currently, I have several tickets open with Etsy for correcting these issues.  And I hope you let Etsy know we need better tools to manage Teams at: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/19he4zbKSk20A0lb4x0YvF_QE8Pmc6Cr2ieHRRJqK-nM/viewform?edit_requested...  THANKS AGAIN and hope to have this resolved in the near future.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Mike, I was very surprised to see you post in the forum the following:

Removing threatening, harassing, violent, misleading and other TAGS from Etsy Teams posts
by MikeKrausArt 
Etsy Seller 
11 hours ago

Members  are attacking other members using tags on conversation thread posts.  There doesn't seem to be a way to turn off tags.  And I'm unable to find ways to remove threatening tags.  

This has lead to escalations of harassment, threats, and other destructive behavior.  And, as a Team Captain, Etsy isn't providing me the tools to solve this.  

I haven't seen anyone post a threatening or harassing tag. Yet I see every day in the Favathon people that cheat every single day. As BDResinAndGifts stated you have 2 main cheaters, one of which I addressed here back in August, yet nothing has been done.

It is not fair for the honest people of this team to continue to support these cheaters and if other team members are pointing them out with a tag, I for one appreciate the warning because I don't want to heart shops that will never heart anyone. It's a waste of my hard-earned time. Why should anyone reward these shops with hearts they don't deserve?

I am on 3 other teams where nobody cheats, but on this team, the list of cheaters is getting longer and longer because there are no consequences for cheating. Please don't throw your honest members under the bus and make them look bad for pointing out the dishonest ones. It seems to be the only recourse some have since nothing is ever done to the cheaters.

Just remove the cheaters from the team and then other members won't have to resort to tagging to warn others to avoid those that don't play fair. If you can't remove them, then write to them and call them out for their unfair participation in the games.

I only play one game on here and it's frustrating with so many that don't play the favathon the way it's supposed to be played.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

I totally agree with ArtisticPlanetStudio. It seems that the most effective method is to hide the garbage under the carpet. I stayed away from this group for a long time and I will probably give up soon because nothing is corrected here. If so, the list continues to grow.

We use tags because it's the only way to make us heard. We can't make a list, we can't say anything in the group, and we are also criticized. What can I say!

1 Like

Jump to solution

@AJsPlanet @DotsPointsDashes Thank you for letting me know about your frustrations.  They are frustrations I share as well.  And I will try to explain the reasoning.

1) Several posts were removed "punishing the victim" because hateful/misleading claims were being made by their competition.  These kinds of messages will never be tolerated.  And the members have been removed from the team.

2) Cheating is a problem with all teams.  This is because Etsy provides us NO tools to correct this.  So, it's easier to manage a small team of 100 members than it is a large team of tens of thousands of members.  So, I apologize if there are delays in addressing issues as this all has to be done manually.  Also, I maintain a spreadsheet of complaints, violators, warnings, and removals.  Members are not immediately removed from teams for small infractions.  But, given warnings.  Then a final warning.  Then removal.

3) The ART Team is a mutual support group.  We want this to be a helpful and friendly place.  And we want all members to work together to succeed together.

THANKS AGAIN! 

2 Likes

Jump to solution

Have a great weekend!

HIGHER TRANSACTION FEE SURVEY: 

Etsy wants to know how you feel about them raising prices at: 

https://survey.alchemer.com/s3/6742978/Etsy-Feedback-Survey-pxhln785q5?source=fa

0 Likes

Jump to solution

h_____________ never plays the same as everyone else. Just post his shop link and leaves up to you to find the other link you need to do his shop and he dose it on every game he plays.  I guess he is special and we need to do his work for him if we want to play with him. I skip all of his post that are not like everyone elses.

1 Like

Jump to solution

@BradsCollection Thanks for letting me know.  I'll keep my eyes open for their posts.  

I also suggest contacting Etsy at: www.etsy.com/help/contact and ask that they give Team Captains/Curators management tools to monitor and oversee posts/comments.  Especially for groups with 26,000+ members.  THANKS AGAIN!

0 Likes

Jump to solution

still up to know good never plays like a member of a team refuses to do same thing every one else is doing look at the Incognito games he's messed up so bad know one can play.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

H_____________ cheats on every game they play. No matter what the rules say or what everyone is doing they refuse to do the same refuse to follow the rules on every team they are on. And I bet they don't heart everything they say they doo if someone looks because they cheat on every game.

1 Like

Jump to solution

@MikeKrausArt I noticed that over the games I have played from Monday to Thursday a lot of people are not playing by the rules. I have played in the Instagram and Pinterest and took the time to go back and count the likes and saves for this group and only half of our team members who dropped links have played by the rules on my post. On Instagram you can pull up your view insights and that will give even more insight which matches what I just said. I'm not sure what Etsy will do because these groups are being created by sellers and really have no value to Etsy, I've learned this from other group captains I play with.

I know quite a few of our team members because we play in other groups together but not so much these others. I had high hopes...

0 Likes

Jump to solution

@DesignsbyCristal The ART Team takes cheating seriously.  And we have a process for punishing and removing cheaters.  

There can be difficulty because Etsy provides no tools for managing violations.  The "report inappropriate content" feature doesn't go to anyone.  Stats on Etsy (and elsewhere) can take up to 24 hours to appear.  So, we do receive hundreds of false reports every day. We suggest contacting Etsy and ask for them to provide management features at: www.etsy.com/help/contact

No one knows how Etsy's algorithm works because it is not made public.  And, it appears to change frequently.  What may work one day does not tomorrow.  

THANKS and we're working to help everyone find success on Etsy!

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.