Hello, and welcome to The Business of Doing Business etsy team!

As a new member, we would like for you to introduce yourself to the team. Go ahead and post a reply to this thread to give a hello to everyone and tell a little bit about yourself and / or your business.
Former_Member
Not applicable

Re: New Members Introductions

Hi! I'm quite new to Etsy - been here around 4 months now - and I sell handmade jewellery particularly with sparkly components!

I am also a researcher and I do an Open University course on the side!
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
rdboyer
Post Crafter

Hello all - I sell sculptural and some functional ceramic work on Etsy currently. I don't consider myself very entrepreneurial so I am jumping at the chance to listen in on the conversations here, perhaps ask a few questions and maybe contribute eventually.

Thanks for the invite.

-Robert
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Greetings! I do fused glass jewellery and home accessories on here. I have a full time job so am trying to find the balance between it and finding creative time in my studio, plus trying to generate a little extra cash to help keep supplies coming in! I'm looking forward to seeing what I can learn from this team!

I'm happy to be a part of this!
0 Likes

Hello everyone,
my name is Nadine and I have 3 shops on etsy, none of them going too well at the moment, and I think I would enjoy exchanging ideas and experiences with other sellers.

I absolutely love what I do (mainly quilting and painting) but with my day job and life in general I find myself running out of time to do the necessary marketing etc. But I am looking forward to see how you are all coping with this.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi! I have been on Etsy for several years but have recently started really focusing on my shop! I make custom, monogram items and my main market is the "preppy" scene. I also make sorority/fraternity items that are personalized! I hope you will check out my shop, I will be browsing some of yours! :)
0 Likes
WiredByTara
Inspiration Seeker

Hi! I am a full-time Education Assistant, working with special needs children. I have been a wire jeweler for years, occasionally selling at fairs & in boutiques. 2 years ago I started selling my jewelry at farm markets & craft fairs, making items year round, then selling 5 days each week during summer breaks, at craft fairs year round. I pack my wire, anvil and beads along and totally enjoy myself! I have gotten comfortable designing custom items, wrapping someone's special stone. I feel very lucky & honored when people bring me their treasures.
Etsy is my new challenge. I am learning something every day. I have followed some of my favorite wire jewelers for years and see many of the successful ones started in 2009. I feel I might be coming in too late, with a saturated market. Just see how many items come up when you search labradorite pendant! But living in a small town, my creations aren't getting more visibility sitting on my dining table!
I agree with others, that I wish I had more time for my shop. I too felt stress/obsession. Now it is becoming more enjoyable. I hope sales eventually come, and not just from well-meaning relatives.
I think I should have a Facebook page just for my shop, since it seems many etsy sellers have one.
I find the forums have been really helpful for information.
I welcome input from other team members.
0 Likes

Hey, I am Estefania from Brazil and I work with illustrations and posters. I am seriously thinking qbout starting to work with cards also, like thank you cards and so....I also work as a research Dr. ! OMG ! So good to hear that from Erin !
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hello... My name is Shirley and I create unique copper jewelry. My main outlet is in doing craft shows... I do a minimum of two shows a month and during the spring and fall seasons I am doing one every week, sometimes doing two in one weekend!!!

Glad to be a part of the team... I hope to learn lots from all of you...
0 Likes

Hello, thank you for the invitation to this team. I hope to learn a lot from it.

I make glass beads used primarily in jewelry.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi all and thanks for the invite. I make jewellery but am yet to make a sale. Keeping the faith :-)
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi there! Thank you to "BelovedDoll" for the invite to this team! I just opened my Etsy shop and I am slowing adding new items/making improvements as I go along. I do not have high expectations, rather, I am using this as an experience to show my items and hope that a few people will find they can use them. I co-direct a charity for melanoma research and my earrings all come with a $5 donation to the cause. I mainly opened the shop so I could promote melanoma awareness and hopefully get some buyers. i added the scarves because I make so many of them I thought I would attempt selling them. :) Thanks all and I look forward to checking out your shops!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi :). Thanks for the invite. I am monique and I live in the Netherlands. I am selling pop tab items for 3 years now here on etsy. I like how my business has grown over the years and has developed in something that gives me lot of joy and fun to do.
0 Likes

Hi :) Thanks for the invite!

I am Rita. I am a crafter from India. I sell quilled handmade greeting cards in my shop. Also plan to sell quilled art prints in future.

0 Likes

Hello everybody!
My name is Della, I sell handmade, natural skincare & bathing products, aromatherapy/room sprays- made by my own fair hands!
Look forward to reading posts from the team.
Hoping to grow my business soon!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi everyone,
I am a spinner, dyer, knitter and beginner weaver. I love everything about the fiber process from washing a fleece right off the sheep to wearing the items I make from that fleece. I teach and write about fiber and love to see the spark that comes into someone's eyes as they hold or work with fiber for the first time. I enjoy all kinds of fiber however my Etsy shop is focused on fiber from rare breeds of sheep as their fiber has unique qualities not found in the common breeds. I like to support the shepherds who are working to keep the breeds from becoming extinct. Please stop by and tell me what you think of the shop- good and bad!
-Betsy
0 Likes

Hi! Thanks for the invite. I recently became a Gramma and was inspired by my granddaughter to learn to crochet. I love it so much that I started a shop on Etsy! My daughter and I just started collaborating together this past year. We have a passion to create and would love to make something unique for you!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hello everyone! My name is Cassandra and I make figurines, digital art and various other things for my Toy business.

I started early this January working on the idea and I am far from complete ( I don't think I could ever complete it because I always want to expand it). I'd like to get more exposure on the web, so I am trying every possible avenue. Its great to be a part of something like this, it gives a lot of constructive feedback and help, which we all need when we start out selling!
0 Likes

Hi - thank you for the invitation! I make bright and colorful handmade jewelry and love using a mix of different elements; handmade fused glass beads made by my sister, Czech beads, pearls, gemstones, vintage.

I am excited to read through the discussions. I am really trying to give my business my all and need help! I am in one shop on consignment and things sell there but I really want to branch out and do wholesale. I also want to make my own website and am researching different options. I'm also going to start a blog and want to get several posts written before I then figure out how to do it! Sometimes my head just swims with all of the ideas swirling around!
0 Likes

Hello everyone! Thanks for adding me to the group!

I sew and sell reusable cloth menstrual pads in my shop. I work hard to give them all a special and personal touch to brighten someone's day. :) I run my shop and create my products all myself. My pads are thin and flexible and very absorbent and I search high and low for funky, colorful and cheerful prints ;)

I am coming up on my one year Etsy anniversary and also my 1,000th sale and I am constantly working to improve my shop, so I think this will be a great team for me!

0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi Everyone,

My name is Katy. I am a stay at home mom to a beautiful 9 month old boy who keeps me extremely busy. My business just started the beginning of January where I make baby girl tutu's, headbands and bodysuits. It started as a hobby but now I'm determined to make something bigger out of it. Thanks for having me in the group!
0 Likes

Hi and thanks for inviting me to join your group. I knit, crochet and sew for pleasure but would love to turn my hobby into a proper business - if only there were enough hours in the day!!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hello Everyone and thank you for the invitation. I Design custom made bow Ties and accessories. I want to branch out and turn this into a proper business and sell more. Glad to meet you all and Welcome to stop by my shop!!
0 Likes
puranco
Post Crafter

Hi there Etsy land! My name is Pura! Thank you for inviting me. I'm new here on Etsy. I joined in the beginning of 2014. My shop is named after me 'Pura'phernalia. I have so many passions and I should really narrow it down a bit.

I run a website with free recipes: http://www.you-are-what-you-eat.com which focus on healthy eating. I came to Etsy because I love to sew too besides cooking healthy meals. I hope I can retire early and just do what I really love to do - sewing and cooking!

Stay well.
~ Pura ~
0 Likes

Hello everyone! Thanks for the invite! :) My name is Janet and I started a little shop selling headbands. I haven't had much selling luck during my just-turn-3-month time on Etsy. So far, only 2 sales but I'm going to stay put and improving my shop with every advice I get!

Please stop by my shop and I welcome any comments on how to make it better!

0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Joining the group!

I love fashion ~ so much that I figure out, why not make my hobby public! So that's where BEE WHIMSY comes in...and really wishing that I can bring some glam business in a city that is very tech-oriented!

I have zero sale and I don't mind! I'd rather wait for the right first customer that will cherish my confection than selling just for selling!

On that note, I got to go finish my next collection drawings!

Ta ta for now!

Quynh
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.