Hello, and welcome to The Business of Doing Business etsy team!

As a new member, we would like for you to introduce yourself to the team. Go ahead and post a reply to this thread to give a hello to everyone and tell a little bit about yourself and / or your business.

Re: New Members Introductions

Hey! Thanks for the invite! My name is Erin. I make doggie bow ties, collars, toys, leashes, flowers, and everything dogs! I opened my shop this year, and it has been a roller coaster ride! I quit my day job in August, and have been enjoying working for myself!
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi I am Netti from La Bella Rose. I just started my business in July and decided to take it to Etsy! I love flowers and bows! So naturally I enjoy making all kinds of accessories! My daughter loves to dress up and wear lots of accessories so that is how my business took off! I am excited that there is help and people willing to work together to help me get started! Thanks!
0 Likes

Good morning! I mostly go by Mayhem online. I paint, craft, bead, and design quilts. All I want is a simple life and hope that one day I can sell enough to support that simple life.

I just quit one of my jobs and am a bit scared about the future right now. So I've been really pushing myself to paint more stock.
0 Likes

Hi everyone, thank you for the invitation to join!
I am a painter and digital artist from Victoria BC Canada. I am also a wife, mom of two and lover of fun. :)
Looking forward to getting to know everyone!
Cheers
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hello Everyone, and thank you for letting me in on the team. And thank you for the team. I sell decorative pillows. Most of my orders are custom and made to order. I'm retired HR system project manager and have been on Etsy since May 2011.

I'm desperately looking for a team that really discusses and exchange ideas, suggestion related to business. No, I'm not an old stick in the mud who never likes to chat but I do have business related questions/ideas and would like to be able to bounce them off on others. So, I'm happy to be here.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi! I am Gwen, from BTPF.

I make all natural bath, body and home products. I have been in biz since about 1998, but always learning :) and growing.

thanks for the invite! looking forward to getting to know all of you.
0 Likes

Hi Everyone! Thanks for having me! I design and create greeting cards, stationery, notecards, notepads, prints, embroidery hoops and other paper goods all in my little studio in Fort Collins, Colorado.

Thanks for the invite! I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone :)
0 Likes

Hello out there!

I just opened my shop earlier this week and am thrilled to be an Etsy seller. :D

My family and I have recently made the decision to move out of our home state to an off-grid intentional community, which is quite a change from the scientific lifestyles we've been pursuing. Wish us luck, and be sure to read our shop's About Page for more on our story.

Glad to be a member of this team, and I will definitely be checking out your shops. :)

Thanks so much for browsing. <3
-Mandy
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi, and thank you for the invitation! My name is Drew Ann (I go by Drew),and opened my shop on Etsy this past April.

I make what I call glass art, I don't know what else to call it! I do very poorly on Etsy, but very well at craft shows. I'm going to really try to get my shop up and running again, and am hoping for the best!

I am looking forward to getting to know everybody and to hear your stories!

Drew
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hello to all I am the owner of SarahCrochetCreation. I have been selking my crochet products for 10 years now and this is my full time job. I have just recently started selling on line but I do craft shows almost every weekend if the year.
0 Likes

Hello Everyone! Its a pleasure to be here and I see a few of my other teamies from a couple of my other teams.
As for me, I have been on Etsy since 2006. I also do craft fairs on a year round basis, but I must admit that this is usually my busiest time of the year. Most of what I do is Christmas Holiday oriented but I try to fill my shop with other handmade items that sell year round.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hello, I am Phyllis. I crochet just about anything but, I enjoy amigurumi and character hats the most.

This Etsy Store doesn't have any sales. I do most of my selling at shows, fairs and markets.
0 Likes

Hi there :) I'm Megan from Pitter Patter Creations. I live in KS with my hubby and two rowdy boys ages 3 and 19 months. They definitely keep me busy when I'm not busy with my shop!

I love bright bold colors and wine :)

-Megan
0 Likes

Hi all! My name is Donna, I live in Kentucky ( I know kinda obvious ) and I am new to Etsy. I have been crafting all of my life for personal use, now I am attempting to branch out and try to make a business out of what I love to do :)
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi. This looks like a great team to belong to!
My husband and I have been self-employed since 1980 and I have always done all our taxes, marketing, etc. So doing this Etsy store is pretty easy from that aspect, but I am not "into" all the social marketing that is done these days, so I'll be looking for tips in that area!

My Etsy store sells show dog leads. I hope to expand into other items too, but so far have been too busy restockiing the shelves! I also vend my Photography at dog shows and have 12 years experience at that.
0 Likes
TheCottonShoppe
Inspiration Seeker

Hi everyone!

I'm Vivien from Singapore. I'm a new seller in Etsy & have just set up my store over a month ago. I sell handmade quilts, bags, toys & accessories. Singapore does not have a huge market on handmade products but I can see this trend catching up. Will be participating in my first craft market in Dec and it's so exciting!

Things are slow moving in my Etsy store but I could see a gradual increase in views for my store. Hope to get more business tips from all experienced sellers here! :)
0 Likes

Hi, I'm Heather from Heather's Korner. My mom and I run our business mostly at shows. We make and sell doll clothes. I used to have a brick and mortar shop but the area did not work out so it closed. Any tips on finding the perfect place would be nice. My mom runs a full time day care in our house so we balance out the work.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Thanks for the invite!
I'm a wahm/homeschooling mum of 7, ranging in age from 17 down to the twins, who are 4.
My dog, husband, children and I live in a small town called Terrace Bay. It's on the North shore of Lake Superior.
I craft. Constantly. lol My business is jewellery, but it is not the only thing I get myself into. We are in our second year of business and have done well, overall. We found out that taking the time to attend the pow wows in our region meant we built up an excellent and ongoing rapport with the Ojibwe Tribes. The driving makes for long days and sore backs, but it was worth every moment. :-)
Oh..and my Etsy shop is horribly out of date for what I have made. I'll be working on that, soon.
Anything else you want to know? Just ask!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi! I'm chimelle and glad to be here. I have sold here on Etsy for a few years but sell mostly through local shows and a few shops. I look forward to more business appropriate discussions as there's always something to learn.

I've been walking through business ownership on my own, with advice coming from friends who have owned various types of businesses. None have create businesses so it's been a little more difficult figuring out how to get what I've needed as far as licenses, tax info, and planning for the future. I'm off to read through the discussions to see what topics have been covered. Thanks for the invite!
0 Likes
ClaybyStacia
Inspiration Seeker

My name is Stacia (pronounced Stay-Shuh). I am thoroughly loving my full time job as a potter!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi there! I'm Ellie, and I am an artist focusing in painting, drawing and photography. I'm a full time student using Etsy as a way to learn the business of selling art. I'm so excited to learn!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi! I'm Joanne and I make nautical jewelry and decor. I am very new at this. I first joined Etsy a couple of years ago to try and sell a couple of vintage items, but then stopped. I just recently started my new shop. I am loving making my nautical jewelry, but can use all the help I can get on the business of doing business! I also work full time and do most of my crafting at night - by far this is my favorite!
0 Likes

Hello everyone

I'm Erika Tempest , and I make leather jewery for people who like
Fashion with a edge. I am new to etsy and iam excited in any pointers, and
Information the group may offer.
0 Likes

Hello everyone! My name is Brian, and our shop is Bluegrass Engraving and Leather. I make belt buckles primarily, but also leather belts and some other jewelry items. We're really enjoying Etsy, and looking forward to learning as much as we can from everyone!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi there! I make jewelry -- mostly wire-work, but I'm starting to expand into metal-smithing as well. I am also a grad student in philosophy, and having a side project that involves making things and interacting with people is great!
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.