Hello, and welcome to The Business of Doing Business etsy team!

As a new member, we would like for you to introduce yourself to the team. Go ahead and post a reply to this thread to give a hello to everyone and tell a little bit about yourself and / or your business.
Former_Member
Not applicable

Re: New Members Introductions

Hello, thanks for the invite to this team! My name is Jo and I run elephant+bird. A small screenprinting and design business based in Auckland.
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi I have just recently started selling micro macrame jewellery which I learned to make while travelling in India. My shop has only just opened so not very well stocked at the moment, juggling Christmas orders and setting up on line is quite hard to master but maybe that's where I would benefit from some words of wisdom from this team!
0 Likes

Hi, my name is Sue. I'm new to Etsy and selling my handmade jewelry. I'm also somewhat new to making jewelry. I've got lots to learn and have enjoyed the support of friends and family to continue my new-found hobby. I would love to make and sell jewelry full time, but realistically I can't leave my day jobs as a family therapist and teacher of nursing. Excited to learn all I can from the team!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hello everyone! I sell fantasy style original art and some surrealist dream art. I'm trying to get some prints made for my shop in the hopes that it increases my sales. I also teach private art lessons in my home because of the steady income. I hope to one day have a more successful business making art all day.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hello everyone, we are a Husband and Wife team that loves finding and making unique pieces. We've been doing this for a little over a year and are still growing our roots. We just recently started doing upscale market / flea style shows and are excited about growing our business and style. We look forward to growing our presence on Etsy as well in our local community as well. We hope to gather insight to both by being apart of this team.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi there! My name is Kelcey and I make handmade home decor products. I'm just starting out so any tip and tricks would be super helpful. I'm going to be a stay at home mom next year and I am so excited to have more time to dedicate to my babe and my crafts!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi guys, I'm Kieran I run the shop bowsbykiero. I make hair bows and bow ties.
I wish to be more of a designer and I take pictures sometimes. Ive had the baby goin for awhile but its goin pretty slow, consistent sales just aren't happening yet. I love feedback.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi Everyone! My name is Heather and I make handmade bags, wallets, wristlets, etc. I started out making baby items (which I do still have in my shop), but have evolved my shop priorities. I am relatively new to Etsy and have just started getting involved with the craft fair scene and would love any help I can get!
0 Likes

Hi! My name is Anna. I make handmade wooden accessories. I also work a day job as a visual merchandiser, leaving me nights and weekends to develop my true passion, in my small business.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hey Everyone! My name is Christina and I make handmade scarves, blankets, dishcloths, blanket pillows and few other items that I don't have listed yet :). I started crocheting when I was 7, my Aunt taught me and I have progressed from making simple blankets (I had a hard time not loosing stitches :)) to dolls to now I am still trying to make new things. About 2 years ago I taught myself how to knit and I love to sit and knit dishcloths mainly. I have just really started this year adding things to my shop here on Etsy. Advertising is my hardest thing, I get so caught up in making items for my craft fairs that I don't take the time to invest in my pictures and marketing, any strategies that would help with that would be appreciated :)
0 Likes

Hello,
At our shop we offer unique fully custom wall words. For the rest of 2013, if you refer a friend to us and they place an order, you will receive 10% off of your next order.
Below is one of our newest wall words
https://www.etsy.com/listing/162540656/plan-ahead-it-wasnt-raining-when-noah?ref=shop_home_active

Below is the link to our shop:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/WrittenOnYourWall

0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hello all, I am excited to be a member of the team! My shop is a hodgepodge of handmade goodies consisting of sewn wares, jewelry, and soon to come greeting cards (from the photographs I take) and crocheted wares.
0 Likes

Hi! I'm Melissa and I design, draw and create greeting cards, stationery, notepads, buttons, embroidery, and other paper goods. I live in amazing Fort Collins, Colorado!

Hello to everyone :)
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hello everyone - I'm Annette. I screen print inspirational messages onto apparel for women and children.

Nice to meet everyone!
0 Likes

Hi, my name is Cecile and I make modern "pop art" jewelry and I also knit and crochet.

I have had a store for years but I am just recently trying to make this my full time job.
0 Likes

Hey there fellow Etsians! I'm Jami and I'm excited to have been invited to join this team. Right now I run a relatively small custom bow making biz in my spare time where I create a variety of decorative handmade bows and the occasional special order wreath for holiday decorating. I also work part time as a black jack dealer, which is what pays the bills right now. I'm looking forward to learning more about running my small biz, areas in which I can improve & expand to reach a broader client base, and how to best market my product.
0 Likes

Hello and thank you for inviting me to share and learn as a member of your Team.
I design and make a variety of items from totes, zip bags, tablet sleeves and brooches to key fobs and sleep masks. All using beautiful fabrics and trims. Originality, attention to detail and good customer service are things I strive for!
Since childhood my hobbies have always involved creative and artistic pursuits. My professional and business career has been interesting and varied and now my Etsy shop, craft shows and displays provide a fulfilling outlet for my latest creative endeavour.
In the short time I have had my Etsy shop I have had to learn many new skills and I continue to seek information to improve how I do things.
I have also gained an appreciation of the great support and knowledge-sharing that comes from belonging to Etsy Teams :)
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi all, thanks for the invite to join; so sorry to be slow to post!

I'm a very experienced Etsy "shopper," (i love online shopping!), and a "finally starting to get serious" seller. I've tried all kinds of crafts through the years, returning time and again to crocheting, as a relaxant and stress reliever, and now at the heart of my Etsy shop. This year, I've been gradually making the transition from creating things I like for gifts for others and hoping the extra stuff I make will just sell itself, to creating and growing a business. The journey is really just beginning, as I have been experimenting with inventory; photo techniques; titles, descriptions, and tag writing; and creating awareness. In addition, I'm currently dabbling in Christmas shows. I am a member of several teams, spending the majority of my time with the Alberta Street Team, as I live in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, with my family. I am originally from Iowa, Indiana, and Illinois.

The main items I am focused on making at this time are hand crocheted plush animals with wind-up music boxes inside. I loved them as a kid; still do. While my Etsy sales are finally starting to happen, I find I sell about 4 items off line, in person, to every 1 sold here on Etsy.

I haven't been able to catch up on all the previous posts here; but I'm smiling at the ones I've been able to get to, and am glad to be here. :-)
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi everyone! I was invited to this group and was so excited because I hadn't heard of it yet! I do homemade soaps/lotions/scrubs/lip balms and wreaths. I am just really starting out and I'm sure I will learn all kinds of good stuff thru this group!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi Y'all
My name is Angie and I am the owner of Pacific Pooch and have a little shop here on Etsy. I design and sew dog and cat collars, leashes, harnesses, pet beds, pet tees and toys. I have been making pet accessories since 2004 and tried to have a business, but it didn't work out. I wanted to give up, but have this creative side to me that just will not let me be and friends and family are always asking for pet products. My daughter suggested that I try selling stuff on Etsy and opened a shop. I enjoy being part of the Etsy community and learning about other creative people and seeing the things they make. I look forward to learning more and being part of The Business of Doing Business Team.
0 Likes

Hi, my name is Lauren aNd I have four shops on etsy
This one is the newest
My others are OriginalsbyLauren
OriginalsbyLaurenToo
LaurensPdf Patterns.

Thanks for the invite, I am sure I can learn some things and hope I can offer some information too
0 Likes

Hi everyone! Thank you for the invite! My name is Jen.

I make handcrafted wooden items, mostly woodburned, but I do turning and carving as well.

This is the perfect group for me right now, as I am actually pushing forward hard to make what started off as a funny hobby, an actual growing business. Which I find very difficult at times. Seems my creative side has great disdain for paperwork, and deadlines, and keeping organized :)
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi and thank you for inviting me here! I'm so pleased.

My name is Laura and I sell my handmade accessories, baby clothes, home deco items, toys at LaRo Handmades. I love all sorts of crafts, but knitting and crocheting are my fave ones :) I try to create patterns myself and I love working with natural wool. This started as a hobby many years ago, but hopefully it eventually progresses to a small home based business.

Thanks again for invitation!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I'm a graphic designer, 35 years experience as an art director and production manager in advertising and graphics. Have been doing digital retouching since before Photoshop was invented, and I know my way around process cameras and densitometers, and Pantone markers and bow compasses too. I have a bit of marketing experience, but the business of selling is ever-changing, so I can see it's useful to be on a group like this.

My shop is currently built around a collection of antique Japanese graphic novels I have had for many years. I have reproduced them as faithfully as possible, and removed damage from mold and bookworms as well as I can without trying to extinguish the antique charm of the piece, or recreate it as my own. They are interesting books, printed with a multitude of colors and varnishes that are impossible to reproduce, but I try.

I have been nursing my mother through Alzheimer's, and her recent death, for a number of years now, so I apologize if I don't present a portfolio of originals, but I guess the muse has left me, and I haven't had the time.

Anyhow, I do have some experience I can offer this team; you can alway boot me out.
0 Likes

Hello,

I sell jewelry and art. I've been on Etsy for about a year. This is my full time job now. I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone.

-Sharise
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.