PinkyBrainStore
Inspiration Seeker

sale discrepancy when buyers add items to their cart

hi, I have some buyers seeing a discrepancy between the sale they see on the listing and when they start adding items to their basket. I had so far 2 customers reaching out and I am sure I lost already sales because of this. For example, if I am running a 40% sale, the customer will click on it, and when they start adding items it shows 20%. I reached out to support and they couldn't find anything since they troubleshooted on their end and they were getting the right discount. The temporary solution I am doing is sending a coupon to the customers but I wonder how many they backed off because of this and I am paying ads for those listings that are having many views and many favorites. Has anyone else had this issue before? Also, it would be nice to have some credits back from my ads from those listings since that is not showing accordingly to the final customers...

Labels (2)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
2 Replies

Re: sale discrepancy when buyers add items to their cart

Yes, it has happened to other sellers when they have two or more different in-store % sales going on.  It's also been a problem for a while.  One fairly recent OP:

Customers not receiving correct discount when runn... - Welcome to the Etsy Community

^^ includes a link to an earlier OP by another seller having the same problem.

Unfortunately, there's no solution in either OP; even CindyLou could help!  Maybe @ Chrysalism,  the OP of the first thread, to see if she figured out the problem or had a workaround?

2 Likes
PinkyBrainStore
Inspiration Seeker

Re: sale discrepancy when buyers add items to their cart

Hi there! Thanks for your reply and I feel better that I am not the only one frustrated with this. What I observed is that by having a sale on your shop, let's say 20%, but then you "overwrite" that sale with some items or sections that are 30% for instance, is when the issue happened.  However, if I go section by section and apply the discount I want that kind of help to solve it, I believe, as I haven't had anyone coming with this issue so far. Fingers crossed! 

1 Like
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.