additional messages by sending tracking number not received?

Jump to solution

Is it possible that the messages that I send to customers along with the tracking number are not received by the customer. i never see this messages i added in the field in my copy emails. Otherwise, I am questioning myself if I received all the information from the client when they placed an order. For example, a woman recently ordered 1 item in quantity of 2 and another item in quantity of 1. However, I only received 1 star for the 2 items. I am wondering if she included additional information in the order that I never received. Unfortunately, she did not respond to my follow-up question about why she only gave 1 star. It is unlikely that the items were damaged as I packaged them all in one box.

Labels (2)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BootifulLabels
Conversation Maker

Re: additional messages by sending tracking number not received?

Jump to solution

Are you saving the message after you type it in?  Under the Note to buyer box there is a save button.  You need to click to save the message or it will not be included. 

You can also save various messages to add quickly each time.  Just click edit under the note to seller box, then  Manage snippets, select the saved message snippet you want and save.

View solution in original post

1 Like
5 Replies
BootifulLabels
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

When you mark an order Complete, you can enter the tracking number in the Shipping Area and an optional note to the buyer above this, and Etsy will send the buyer a message to confirm you have shipped, which includes the tracking details.  There is no need for a further message.

1 Like

Jump to solution

i wonder why my "optional note to the buyer above this" is not included, since i always get a copy of the email the client gets. but there is never a optional note in.

0 Likes
BootifulLabels
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

Are you saving the message after you type it in?  Under the Note to buyer box there is a save button.  You need to click to save the message or it will not be included. 

You can also save various messages to add quickly each time.  Just click edit under the note to seller box, then  Manage snippets, select the saved message snippet you want and save.

1 Like

Betreff: additional messages by sending tracking number not received?

Jump to solution

i will take alook next time. dont think i noticed the save button. thanks for the hint.

0 Likes

Betreff: additional messages by sending tracking number not received?

Jump to solution

you do have to click save, or it is not sent

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.