Every one of my drop shipped items has "update required".  I double checked my zip codes and they are the zip codes from the printers, and yet they all still say update required.  What do I do now? 

Re: Update required (shipping profile)

@NachottaTwo 

You can fix it in shipping profiles. 

Shop manager > settings > shipping settings. 

You dont have to do it one by one. You just need to update the shipping profiles and it will apply to all the listings that are attached to that profile. 

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes

I have the same problem and Etsy chat have told me the following. 

They have checked on the shop, looks like we have made some changes to the delivery profile hence you are getting the update option on the shop.

To meet the changes, please choose one of the supported services from the dropdown menu when setting up a shipping profile enables Etsy to show buyers more accurate estimated delivery dates.

Hope that helps.

0 Likes

"Accurate"...ha I can't believe they have the cheek to claim these dates will be more accurate.

2 Likes
JennyKgART
Inspiration Seeker

but if printful populated shipping, as well as everything else, how am I supposed to know how to update? What service? What shipping times? Are they the same for  -- etc.

0 Likes

Has anyone had any luck getting Printify to help them fix the 'other' shipping settings problem? I  had a chat session yesterday with Etsy and they told me to ask Printify to fix it for me. Some of Prinity's information has come over to the Etsy side e.g. postal code, but not who will be delivering the parcels. It's the 'other' that is still the problem for me. I'm still awaiting a response from Printify.

Bridget

0 Likes

So much speculation. Gotta love how Etsy deploys crap like this and offers literally no information or reliable support. Can we get an official reply here? @ampersay 

2 Likes
JennyKgART
Inspiration Seeker

My point that I meant to make is -- if PRINTFUL or whatever POD you're using sent the info to the Etsy shop, then HOW IN THE WORLD are we supposed to know what info to update with?  

1 Like

grr nested in the wrong place

1 Like
JennyKgART
Inspiration Seeker

I've had word from Printful, and I've seen ONE Etsy guru (the excellent Etsy Consultant on Youtube) addressing this -- but Zip from Etsy on this issue.  Are my items UNAVAILABLE?  I see them in my store, but are they buyable? Who knows.

0 Likes

They most likely won't renew after the next sale

1 Like

@JennyKgART 

Don't hold your breath waiting for etsy to publicly address this issue, they likely won't. Your listings are still up and people can purchase them. As of right now they will still auto-renew sold if they have quantities available but that may change at any time. The only thing you won't be able to do is manually or auto-renew existing listings or create new listings. You will need fix the 'other' bit in your shipping profiles in order to renew or create a new listing with that profile.

2 Likes

@JennyKgART @WitticismsRus
There is now an announcement pinned to the top of Technical Issues.
https://community.etsy.com/t5/Technical-Issues/ANNOUNCEMENT-Update-Required-showing-on-Listings/m-p/...

"On September 28th we removed the option to select “Other” as the shipping carrier for US and UK Sellers. Choosing one of the supported services from the dropdown menu when setting up a shipping profile enables Etsy to show buyers more accurate estimated delivery dates.

By selecting a provider, our system is able to automatically adjust estimated delivery dates for supported services when unexpected things happen outside of your control, such as widespread postal delays, catastrophic weather events, or similar.

Sellers with impacted listings will see the “Update Required” alert on impacted listings. If your provider is not one of the dropdown options, we recommend you choose one of the listed services whose transit time is closest to the service you usually use.

For those who fulfill your orders via a third party API integration, you should be exempt from needing to update your shipping profile to remove "Other" and set a carrier."

The announcement also links to a help article
https://help.etsy.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360001922768-How-to-Set-Up-Estimated-Delivery-Dates?segment=...
This text is new, under
The estimated delivery dates being shown are not accurate
You can manually set a range of estimated delivery times for each location. To do so, you'll edit your delivery settings on your listings.

I don't see the option to manually set a range of estimated delivery times for each location in the old or new listing form.
Maybe it is something new for US and UK sellers only?

1 Like

@DaysofYoreTreasures 

reposting in the correct place since it nested wrong above. sorry for the double @ mention.

Yep, I saw the announcement earlier. It would be really great if they also posted it in the actual announcements forum and in shop manager not just the technical issues forum but perhaps that's asking for too much.

That bit in the help center article is vague and confusing as it doesn't appear that we can manually set a range unless we select 'other' as the shipping carrier. It would be in the shipping profiles not on the individual listing page. The other preset options all have a preset time range. Classic confusing etsy-speak *sigh*

1 Like

@WitticismsRus 
Another vague & confusing bit from the same article.
The estimated delivery dates being shown are too early/too broad
Consider narrowing your processing time range if you rarely dispatch earlier than the date the order is due. You can edit your processing time and select the Custom option to have greater control over your processing time.

What?

0 Likes

@DaysofYoreTreasures 

That one actually makes more sense to me than the other one. On the shipping profiles for me in the US the bit where we select the processing time it has some standard options to select on the drop down like 1 day, 1-2 days, 1-3 days, 3-5 days 5-7 days or the last option is 'custom range'. If you select 'custom range' then you can select your own range of days there. 

I'm not sure if it's the same for all or if it's only like that for US sellers shipping profiles. I know things are set up a bit differently in other countries. They even call them different things like here it's shipping profiles other places it's delivery profiles. 

1 Like

this is a nightmare! Estimated delivery times say 7 days if I choose the selected services from UK to USA. Royal mail actually takes 2 to 6 weeks to the US and they don't count something as lost until 8 weeks. I'm putting in realistic times and etsy wants me to disappoint customers and I expect they'll refund out of my money. 

7 Likes

The longest delivery time now available for UK to US delivery from the select few options on Etsy is 8 business days! There is absolutely no way that coming up to Xmas items will be delivered in that time frame, so Etsy are making it almost impossible to offer international sales for my shop for the next few months unless I want to get a load of item not received claims because of ridiculously short delivery time estimates.

I have already been on the chat to Etsy support and told them I want to lodge a complaint against the removal of the other option, I suggest all those that have issue with this do the same and then perhaps Etsy might listen to what their sellers want and what is actually best for the buyers. It much better to over estimate the time for delivery and then it turn up sooner than trying to make out we can compete with Amazon prime shipping with overly optimistic delivery times.

6 Likes

I had a similar conversation with etsy customer services and when I asked to make a formal complain the chat went dead!

1 Like
JazGraFX
Inspiration Seeker

I have the same issue.

0 Likes

I fixed mine by changing all listings to USPS shipping / USPS international shipping. This fixed all my listings 

0 Likes
WPshoppe
Crafty Poster

Update... I didn't change a thing in my shop. Left my shipping at "other" and went about my business without any issues. The red banner has disappeared from my listings page. Was this whole thing a tech glitch? 

0 Likes
TwiLdCapitHog
Conversation Maker

Sadly no! Etsy has sellers grouped in different “buckets”.

I have one shop with all the banners gone, ....one shop with all items with banners,..... and in this shop all my listings but three have the red banner.

……. Lol .. because at this point laughing is the best option.

1 Like
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi all—for anyone still affected by this, below is an email response from Etsy support received yesterday 10/1:

We have received an update for sellers using POD. You're not required to change the Other shipping service. What you may need to do is to resave your shipping profiles, or if possible, you need to add transit time to save the shipping profile.”

I was able to revert my shipping profiles back to “other” and no issues so far. Hope this helps!

1 Like
5inksandprints
Inspiration Seeker

does anyone know if Etsy is planning to fix how they calculate the shipping rate for more than 1 item on the same order?  Today, they're not calculating it correctly, so I have seen the work-around articles, but will they fix this so that we don't have to raise prices to make up the delta?

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.