GiftHouseLane
Inspiration Seeker

Update required (shipping profile)

Every one of my drop shipped items has "update required".  I double checked my zip codes and they are the zip codes from the printers, and yet they all still say update required.  What do I do now? 

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
7 Likes
48 Replies
MenaceMode
Inspiration Seeker

Betreff: Update required (shipping profile)

I have the same problem, I hope someone has an answer

6 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Re: Update required (shipping profile)

After speaking with a representative of my same problem, they mentioned having to escalate to their engineering department for review. They noted that it is a known problem and they are determining how widespread it is. They assured me that no action is needed on my part at this time and these notices will not affect any potential sales.

14 Likes
5inksandprints
Inspiration Seeker

I just tried to order an item on my store, and couldn't.  It would not add the item to the cart in order to check out.  Anyone else having this same issue?  if so, then this is affecting all of us.

0 Likes

@5inksandprints 

"I just tried to order an item on my store, and couldn't. "

Yeah that's because you can't purchase from yourself. It has nothing to do with the current shipping profile issue. I had no issue adding one of your listings to my cart. 

3 Likes
lisanealdesigns
Inspiration Seeker

I'm having the same problem....literally every POD listing in my shop. 

2 Likes

@GiftHouseLane @MenaceMode 

Do your shipping profiles have 'other' selected as the shipping carrier? If so then that is the issue. It's forcing us to select a carrier and looks like 'other' will no longer be an option.

@Former_Member Was it live chat or phone call back call center support folks you talked to? If so just know that they very often give bad and just incorrect information. Your listings will not renew until you update or fix the shipping profile so it does have the potential to impact sales if listings won't renew until you update the shipping profile.

@lisanealdesigns That's likely because your POD provider created shipping profiles when you synced your listings and those profiles have 'other' selected as the shipping carrier. You will need to fix them in order for your listings to renew.

5 Likes
lisanealdesigns
Inspiration Seeker

Beautiful, after months, this is just now happening?  Lovely "gotcha."

2 Likes
lisanealdesigns
Inspiration Seeker

@WitticismsRus  Thanks!  That worked....updated all my shipping profiles to remove the 'other' and that warning went away

3 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

right on thank you—it was a rep via live chat. Yeah, it’s sounding like “other” is the issue with the notice from what others are posting.

How are other POD sellers determining their selection—simply selecting one of the possible services used by the manufacturer?

Fortunately, being a new seller, I have some time before listing renewals. Hopefully this gets resolved soon though!

3 Likes

Thank you!!! This fix worked - thank you so much for sharing. I went into one of my affected listings and sure enough, each shipping carrier was set to "other". Once I switched them and republished all the red banners disappeared

2 Likes
WPshoppe
Crafty Poster

I also use "other" to adjust the shipping times, because we know how accurate the estimations are on these shipping time projections...

I have the red notice as well but am still able to work as normal without any issues. Going to let Etsy work it out as a bug until I am actually effected. 

As far as I can tell, Etsy has not changed the policy on using "other" nor have I received notice directly that there is a pending policy change.

2 Likes

I reviewed each listing, and everything looks okay, but the warning message remains. 

1 Like
MostWantedShirts
Inspiration Seeker

I tried this but it didn't work. What am I doing wrong? And what should I select from these many options?

1 Like

Also me - it didn't work. Will do the "do nothing approach."

2 Likes

@MostWantedShirts 

@TotesiDesign 

Did you update the POD generated profiles to get rid of other yesterday? Then it's changed back to other today? If so that is because the shipping profiles will revert back to whatever your printer has by default whenever it syncs with your shop. It will happen every time you make any sort of change to the POD generated shipping profiles. The fix is to create your own shipping profiles and update those. They will not change when the POD syncs. You can duplicate them and name then whatever and update them without them reverting back to the POD defaults.

Once you create the duplicate profiles you can then bulk edit to add listings to them. 

4 Likes
MostWantedShirts
Inspiration Seeker

Well it worked...haha...thanks

0 Likes
MostWantedShirts
Inspiration Seeker

What did you all select for delivery? I took UPS worldwide 2-5 b.days...???

0 Likes

I selected USPS 2-8 days for domestic listings. And "time varies" for the other country I ship to.  

I chose the longest shipping time and put processing times out slightly longer to protect myself from Etsy's PPP program.  They've made some additional updates.  The documented "estimated" time for delivery is now a "required" delivery date on Etsy.  This will cause problems since extreme weather and busy mail systems regularly occur. Typically, my buyers will receive their items earlier than expected.  This is the best I can do to insure my shop is still running as it should on Etsy.  This program has made the site rather difficult to work with. 

2 Likes
AgreeableAgony
Conversation Maker

Yeah this is absolutely awful for shipping international from the US (and i am sure others) due to the lack of options.

We have had to change all of our other to "first class mail international" which  just says "shipping times vary" ...clearly such an improvement over our ACTUAL ESTIMATES!   

Etsy desperately needs the ability to integrate with external sources for calculated shipping prices and times.  (EASYPOST API!?)  
Seriously, let sellers add the carriers they are Actually Using with their Actual Ship Times. 

7 Likes

Most of my listings are displaying "update required". What does this mean? 
After reading this thread, I'm going to check all my shipping.

0 Likes
TheQuirkyQueerCo
Inspiration Seeker

I changed my shipping profiles to other and it worked for my personal listings but not my POD listings.

0 Likes

@TheQuirkyQueerCo 

Did you update the POD profiles yesterday but then they have reverted back to 'other' today? 

If so that is because the shipping profiles will revert back to whatever your printer has by default whenever it syncs with your shop. It will happen every time you make any sort of change to the POD generated shipping profiles. The fix is to create your own shipping profiles and update those. They will not change when the POD syncs. You can duplicate them and name then whatever and update them without them reverting back to the POD defaults. Once you create the duplicate profiles you can then bulk edit to add listings to them. 

0 Likes
JennyKgART
Inspiration Seeker

Soooo frustrated:  The shipping in my item only has a little red star -- NO other info is given.  The rest of the info WAS POPULATED BY PRINTFUL WHEN I SENT THE ITEM FROM PRINTFUL to Etsy.  How am I supposed to change this? Almost 100 items, and I know that other people have 100's if not 1000's of items with this problem.

3 Likes
NachottaTwo
Inspiration Seeker

There has to be an easier way to change 100's of listings to comply with this issue. Pretty frustrating to see all the red banners without a real explanation, especially when it is the POD items that are set by their company.

2 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.