I've been trying to deactivate two listings, and I keep getting the same error message. . .the red bar at the top of my browser that says "Uh oh! Something went wrong - please try again." 

I have tried three different browsers on two different computers. I have waited a few hours, rebooted and tried again. 

I have tried to deactivate the two items individually and as a "group select" in different browsers on different machines. 

I am on a Mac, but I've never had this problem before. 

Any suggestions greatly appreciated!

Nancy

Re: Uh oh! Something went wrong error message when trying to deactivate listings

---- Since Friday July 8th ----

Cannot Bulk Edit Items... 

Cannot Delete Items...

Cannot De-activate Items...

Uh-Oh Banner Popping Up Every Time....

Cannot Contact Etsy via Help... Whoopsie!  

WHAT IN THE WORLD ETSY! 

GOOD GRIEF!   

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
3 Likes

Re: Uh oh! Something went wrong error message when trying to deactivate listings

---- Since Friday July 8th ----

WHAT IN THE WORLD ETSY! 

GOOD GRIEF!   

2 Likes
ilypatternshoppe
Inspiration Seeker

I know mines not working and 3 other shops I know it wont list or delete listings. I called etsy support yesterday to put in a request to help and nothings happened. Definitely frustrating. 

0 Likes
ChillwolfArt
Conversation Maker

*(Only for those who haven't seen the following.  By Seller PillowDetails, Renewal Workaround).  And yes, Etsy needs to get on this.
https://community.etsy.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Renewal-Workaround/m-p/139026204#M713854

0 Likes

@ChillwolfArt  It's got to be super frustrating for those that sell on other venues, or do shows and locals - needing to deactivate items that have sold!

I hear the Sell on Etsy app has been working fine for this - hopefully most people know this!

1 Like
ChillwolfArt
Conversation Maker

@PillowDetails 

Definitely.  I only sell here online.  When we do a show, I've always Deactivated whatever I may need.  If it doesn't sell, I Reactivate it when we come back.  I couldn't handle multiple here, there, everywhere personally.  Hard enough keeping up here.
(I've never used the Sell on Etsy App, lol nor mobile for anything Etsy).  

0 Likes

Same here for a few hours now. I tried to logout and login and it's the same, cannot deactivate listings.

0 Likes

@RonitGolan  If you need to deactivate a current live listing (like if you sold it somewhere else) - you can do this by visiting your own shop (like a Buyer would) - click to view the listing and above the picture the options work.  I've tried this myself.

This is on laptop / PC.  If you are using an app, I've heard the options work just fine.

If you are trying to deactivate a sold out or expired listing, you'll need to wait until this bug is fixed, but I guess it wouldn't be as urgent.  Good luck - hope you and others see this workaround!

2 Likes

Casual reminder that Etsy increased their fees not too long ago and still people have these issues for days on end. We're paying for what exactly?

2 Likes

I can't move my listings from draft to active for two days now. I prepare all my listings and save to draft so this is all my work done but unable to activate. I get an error message. My drafts on my phone in the seller app are always massively out of date and incomplete so that's not helping. I have emailed Etsy with a screenshot and waiting to hear back. Coincidentally or not, I have had no sales at all since this problem arose which is very unusual.

0 Likes

@KilianCellarDoor   Go to the draft listing and click on it to open, like you're going to edit - you can publish at the bottom of that page.

1 Like

Thanks for the help - the glitch appears fixed for now.....

0 Likes
BillsBackroom
Inspiration Seeker

Hi, I'm having the same problem where I can't deactivate or delete without and error message.  It is occurring on both of my ETSY accounts.  I've resorted to putting Big Red X's for picture and SOLD for title.  How can I fix this problem?  Using a Mac with Safari and the Safari is totally updated.

0 Likes

I am having the same problem, unable to renew listings in either of my shops since Friday - Using a Mac laptop with Firefox, and another. Mac laptop with Safari.

PLEASE, PLEASE do something about this Etsy!

0 Likes

Also, the "workaround" doesn't work for me - get the same orange Uh Oh message

0 Likes

Been dealing with this all day yesterday and was hoping it was fixed today. Apparently not. Hope no one tries to buy sold out items I am unable to deactivate. So stinking frustrated. 

0 Likes

I have had UH OH since Friday, Sat morn still the same, then hit or miss since Sat night. Now Sunday lunchtime no change same as last night. Work arounds do not work for me have tried everything. Now everyone should get those 100 free listings for aggravation of lost sales, no service, left in limbo for 3 days. Oh by the way Rogers is now back up for all cell phone customers and will reimburse them for their loss. They also were Updating big time, when their Network went down for all customers.

1 Like
PioneerFossils
Inspiration Seeker

We could not delete or deactivate using our shop view on computer.  We followed the suggestion about using the app. We were able to deactivate but not delete.  That will get too expensive after awhile.

Ahhh, for the good old days when an Etsy person could be immediately reached by phone.... They have promised me a call about several issues,  but no dice.

0 Likes
WanderingSense
Inspiration Seeker

Has anyone heard of Etsy is trying to fix the problem?

0 Likes

Mine seems to be back to normal for now. I just renewed several items with no problems. (From the listing manager)

1 Like

I cleared my cookies and cache and for some reason everything worked. I can delete and deactivate.

0 Likes
slaczstudio
Inspiration Seeker

I had same problem, I can't re-list my listing and edit the description, and then tried to move my listing to another section. And ta-da, it is working fine, it is fixed. 

Edit: it is not working sorry after I refreshed the page, its back to inactive listing again.

0 Likes

Is it going to happen every weekend now? Last weekend it was not possible to delete, or renew or post a new listing and now it is happening again. I can not add a new listing, I spent 2 hours for nothing, prepared a new listing and there is no possibility to preview, to post a listing or to save as a draft. 

0 Likes
HoopLoopIncShop
Inspiration Seeker

I can't enter shipping info, A red banner appears saying unauthorized access code. What does that mean 

0 Likes

@HoopLoopIncShop    You seem to be having a different issue so it might be best to start a new thread. And indicate if you are having this issue using an Etsy app or via mobile browser or via desktop browser (it makes a difference as to possible causes and potential solutions, otherwise we have to guess).

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.