Renewal Workaround

Jump to solution

There have been lots of glitches and errors the past few days on Etsy.  In my experience, site-wide glitches that last usually precede some new feature rollout, so something may be coming.  Just a guess.

We shouldn't need to do this workaround, and it will be inconvenient for those that need to renew lots, and can't wait until things get back to normal, but I just got the red error banner when trying to renew, and the workaround others have posted worked for me.

Worth a try -

Click to open the listing in edit mode and renew that way.

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
39 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Renewal Workaround

Jump to solution

OK - I'll do a simple recap to highlight at the top as "solution"

* This issue is related to the Listings Manager page and the bulk editor.  It's been going on since Friday, and Etsy Support is aware and working on it

* Most people are still able to do the usual actions from their Sell on Etsy App on mobile

* Most current active listings can be renewed, deactivated, or otherwise edited by viewing your own shop (like a Buyer would) - open/view your listing, and use the editing options that appear above your main listing picture

* Sold, deactivated, drafts, and expired listings can be renewed through the Listings Manager page - but you need to click on the listing like you're going to edit it, and you should see the "publish" or "Renew" at the bottom of that page.  You may also be able to renew a sold out listing through your Orders page

* Featured listings may be moved and un-starred if you go into Edit Shop mode (reported by others)

* Brand new listings and the copy feature work just fine from the Listings page - I can confirm

*** What you can't do, until this is fixed ***

* You can't bulk edit anything by checking the little boxes on the Listings Manager page, - any of these workarounds need to be done one at a time

* Featured listings - can't star any new ones without getting error messages, since this is done thru the Listings page

* Listings that are not currently active in your shop cannot be deleted.  So if you have old listings in your solds or deactivated, you'll need to wait until this issue is fixed to do the housekeeping  

*** Last - this is compiled by my own experience and experiments, as well as others reporting what works / doesn't work.  There are still some Sellers who are unable to use any of these temporary fixes, and I'm sure Etsy will be back to normal soon!

View solution in original post

10 Likes
125 Replies

Jump to solution

Yes this worked!

2 Likes
TazamarazVintage
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

Thanks I was just coming here to post the same thing!! It works fine in edit mode.

2 Likes
GieseDeseiGns
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

Yes, it does! Yay.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Thank you for confirming, @TazamarazVintage  and @LaDellsDaughter  - I hated to start another thread, but it was getting frustrating that others were not reading the comments with the workaround in the other renewal threads!

2 Likes

Jump to solution

Still cannot publish new listings

0 Likes
pipdesigns
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

Thanks - I've just renewed a few items this way.  I've hit another glitch though on trying to change an item to renew manually instead of auto-renew I get the same 'uh oh' red message!  Any ideas on this one please?

2 Likes

Jump to solution

@pipdesigns  I just tested this, and was able to change it on the listing page in edit mode.

Seems like the issue is with the shortcuts/bulk edits.

0 Likes
ChillwolfArt
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

@pipdesigns 
I received this Uh Oh Error on the Listings Pg. starting yesterday (performing the same functions you did.  Prior to that, I performed those same functions w/ no problem).  After seeing Threads, I went test it on my Listings Pg. and received this error message. 

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Can’t renew either Etsy or Pattern listings in edit mode…nor from listings mode. Glad it’s not just me though because I was rebooting, re-signing in etc & continued to get the red banner & spinning wheel.

0 Likes
Arcalliq
Community Maker

Jump to solution

@PillowDetails  The site has been glitchy for a while now and I have the same feeling - something is being cooked in Etsy bistro. Dreading what's coming as it is never good. 

14 Likes

Jump to solution

LOL!  Etsy Bistro - I love it!

I remember things like the new Shop Manager and payment account page was rolled out, there were site-wide issues.

It's like they have a limited number of USB cords, and have to keep switching them out to enter the new features!

6 Likes

Jump to solution

Cue the scary music....something is definitely cooking in their cauldron.

10 Likes
Arcalliq
Community Maker

Jump to solution

hahah. we might need to start crowdfunding to help Etsy out.

2 Likes
TheOrangeCove
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

I was only able to renew from my shop page , clicked on item then renew at top.   glad we are finding ways for renewing

3 Likes

Jump to solution

@TheOrangeCove  So was the listing not expired yet?  Or did you view your sold out listing?

I can see the option when I view a sold out listing in my shop!

Thanks!

0 Likes

Jump to solution

I just did this as well. One thing to watch out for - don't choose the wrong item to renew - I renewed the wrong calendar - so I still have to find and renew the one that is actually expiring.

0 Likes
bradgoodell
Community Maker

Jump to solution

@TheOrangeCove 

Thanks for the suggestion, that was the only way I made it work.  

0 Likes
TheOrangeCove
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

Pillow , my item was expiring today

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Thank you for that tip.  I tried it and that works for me.  I also have been able to renew from my iPhone app.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Just knew to come here and check- thanks for the heads up! 

1 Like

Jump to solution

Thanks for the tip, it worked perfectly!

1 Like

Jump to solution

The work around appears to work - - except the renewed items never show up on my home page as being relisted.   

1 Like

Jump to solution

@OnondagaHillWoodwork  Your shop has "Custom" sort - renewed items will go in the spot that they were before.  Can you see them when you filter to "Most recent" ?

1 Like

Jump to solution

@PillowDetails  I have it in custom sort. So I can go to the end of the list but it doesn't show on the listing what the expiration date is. I do this work on my laptop. Renew when i go into the listing to edit is sfter it expires.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.